The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, The Baron said:

What appearance money, I’m not on the payroll of Radio Derby.

As for the figures in the accounts, a company should publish material post balance sheet events, the tenant of the major asset you own going into administration is IMO a significant issue. 

Thanks for replying though, appreciate that.  I still don't agree with people telling tales which obviously is just my opinion and how I saw it.  Still do.  All water under a bridge now of course.   

54 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Thanks for replying though, appreciate that.  I still don't agree with people telling tales which obviously is just my opinion and how I saw it.  Still do.  All water under a bridge now of course.   

Fair enough, one person’s snitch is another’s whistle blower. Can understand you being hacked off with anyone who you thought has it in for the club. 

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

Ok well by the same token Morris hasn’t sold PPS yet so why should he anticipate a loss until he does? 

Fair point. Accountants use something called prudence. Don’t take profits until the sale has been made but reflect potential losses if there is evidence that assets have fallen in value. 

19 minutes ago, The Baron said:

Fair point. Accountants use something called prudence. Don’t take profits until the sale has been made but reflect potential losses if there is evidence that assets have fallen in value. 

Kieran. Thanks for taking the time to respond to points raised on the forum. What I would like to know, in your personal opinion do you think the EFL have treated Derby County football club in a fair and proportionate way ? What is the point of IDC’s if their decisions aren’t upheld. Do you feel that pressure was applied to the EFL board by other parties to punish the club in a way above and beyond the recommendations of the independent panels ? 

30 minutes ago, The Baron said:

Fair enough, one person’s snitch is another’s whistle blower. Can understand you being hacked off with anyone who you thought has it in for the club. 

Likewise, fair enough. So, are you actively investigating other clubs practices because you seem to have had your crosshairs on DCFC for a long while and all sorts of dubious stuff seems to be happening elsewhere.

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

So they generate £500m of revenue that means they are worth £4.5 billion.. nine times their revenue. What would nine times Derby’s current revenue be? About £200 m. 

I may be biased but Derby seem a snip by comparison at £45 million best offer so far including the stadium. 

They generate £500M of revenue, win the champions league, finish towards the top of the premier league in front of capacity grounds and yet............................................................................the owner still has to pump in 100s of millions of pounds just to keep them afloat.

It beats them that people are falling over themselves to pay £4BN for that. The only way it can pay is for massive cost cutting at the club.

Can someone tell me where we are at please? Generally have no idea what is going on...

Chris still not bought the stadium? I have never been thrilled about him being our owner. If he wanted to buy us that bad he would just pay Mel the £20m he is asking for or whatever it is. If he hasn't got this sort of money then that worries me. It isn't a lot in the grand scheme of things. I think he's skint up and generally believe his takeover will fall through. He's not the right man at all. Going out in Derby with Bad boy Lawrence was equally as embarrassing. 

The whole thing is a shambles! 

Just now, Alty_Ram said:

Likewise, fair enough. So, are you actively investigating other clubs practices because you seem to have had your crosshairs on DCFC for a long while and all sorts of dubious stuff seems to be happening elsewhere.

I wait with interest for him to read the riot on Stokes shenanigans of selling the club with all its linked debts to another family member and claiming mind blowing covid losses, or perhaps the FFP impact of utilising clubs abroad to ship players in and out on ridiculously under or overinflated fees.  Perhaps the unfairness of Derby taking a 9 point deduction on rules that were changed to accommodate others or weren't set out till 2 months ago. 

1 minute ago, belperram9 said:

Can someone tell me where we are at please? Generally have no idea what is going on...

Chris still not bought the stadium? I have never been thrilled about him being our owner. If he wanted to buy us that bad he would just pay Mel the £20m he is asking for or whatever it is. If he hasn't got this sort of money then that worries me. It isn't a lot in the grand scheme of things. I think he's skint up and generally believe his takeover will fall through. He's not the right man at all. Going out in Derby with Bad boy Lawrence was equally as embarrassing. 

I get your frustration but at the same time do we really want an owner who throws £20 million away just because he can?

We just hard one of those and it led to disaster.

I’d much rather we had someone who knows what he wants and what he doesn’t.

Let him focus on running the club and let others sort out the mess which is ownership of the ground.

1 minute ago, belperram9 said:

A third party is in the process of buying the stadium to lease back to the club.

Chris Kirchner will not consider leasing the stadium from Mel, nor has he shown any interest in buying the stadium himself, so the above sale has to go through first.

Once that’s done, the ownership of the club can be completed. The EFL are happy, they just need the stadium confirmation to rubber stamp everything their end.

The current deadline is May 31st, wouldn’t expect much news if any before then. That’s pretty much where we are.

3 minutes ago, David said:

A third party is in the process of buying the stadium to lease back to the club.

Chris Kirchner will not consider leasing the stadium from Mel, nor has he shown any interest in buying the stadium himself, so the above sale has to go through first.

Once that’s done, the ownership of the club can be completed. The EFL are happy, they just need the stadium confirmation to rubber stamp everything their end.

The current deadline is May 31st, wouldn’t expect much news if any before then. That’s pretty much where we are.

Even then, "extended period of blah blah blah" may well be the only update come 31st may.

19 minutes ago, David said:

But you didn't mention the eye.......

15 minutes ago, belperram9 said:

Mike Ashley must have £20M at least stuffed under his mattress, but he didn't want to pay Mel that much for the stadium either. Neither did the Binnies or the Appleby consortium it appears. Are you seeing a pattern yet? 

The structure that Morris has established is the cause of the delays and the lack of a conclusion. There's still allot of unanswered questions about Kirchner and his set-up, but he's the only show in town right now and there's not allot anyone can do to change that.