The Administration Thread

Boycie

Honestly some of these posts, either extremely downbeat people or seriously starting to think they might be from Forest WUMs!! 

There is nothing to suggest CK won’t get his deal done in the next few days. Nixon (call him what you want) has sources in both CK camp and EFL and is saying nothing to worry about. The fact the deadline has been extended until Monday strongly implies it’s close. We might end up with a further extension but I think CK will get in done in the next couple of weeks.

The ONLY way we will be liquidated is if the CK deal fails and we have no other buyers. That absolutely isn’t the case, we know Ashley is being active in the background, if the CK deal takes longer, or it falls through and they need longer to give Ashley a chance, then Q will secure more funding either from MSD or selling players, as long as there is interest in the club Q will find a way to keep it going, and the league will give us every opportunity to demonstrate funding we can continue.

So Monday isn’t doomsday, however the speed at which the administration exit happens could have significant consequences for the immediate future, sort it next week we could possibly bounce straight back, delay a month, we’re down there for a few seasons possibly have a relegation battle next season, if it lasts all summer and into next season (two months) then we could do a Bolton or a Coventry. Every day is pivotal to the short term future.

2 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Honestly some of these posts, either extremely downbeat people or seriously starting to think they might be from Forest WUMs!! 

There is nothing to suggest CK won’t get his deal done in the next few days. Nixon (call him what you want) has sources in both CK camp and EFL and is saying nothing to worry about. The fact the deadline has been extended until Monday strongly implies it’s close. We might end up with a further extension but I think CK will get in done in the next couple of weeks.

The ONLY way we will be liquidated is if the CK deal fails and we have no other buyers. That absolutely isn’t the case, we know Ashley is being active in the background, if the CK deal takes longer, or it falls through and they need longer to give Ashley a chance, then Q will secure more funding either from MSD or selling players, as long as there is interest in the club Q will find a way to keep it going, and the league will give us every opportunity to demonstrate funding we can continue.

So Monday isn’t doomsday, however the speed at which the administration exit happens could have significant consequences for the immediate future, sort it next week we could possibly bounce straight back, delay a month, we’re down there for a few seasons possibly have a relegation battle next season, if it lasts all summer and into next season (two months) then we could do a Bolton or a Coventry. Every day is pivotal to the short term future.

There is more to suggest he won't get the deal done than there is of him actually completing.

He pulled out once and has had more extensions than Ron Jeremy.

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

There is more to suggest he won't get the deal done than there is of him actually completing.

He pulled out once and has had more extensions than Ron Jeremy.

Please outline.

There were many other issues unresolved when he first pulled out. Now looks like everything good barring the stadium and there looks to be serious momentum behind sorting that out.

Of course there is always the main victim in all this who could scupper anything at any moment, Mr Morris, but CK is as close as anyone has been probably since Gabay. And I think we’ve established he isn’t a tyre kicker.

I think he will get it done, only my opinion, but even if he doesn’t it’s not the end on Monday which a couple of posters in particular seem to be stating, that was more my point. 

PS - good one re: Ron Jeremy ?

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Best option for Quantuma maybe but doesnt mean it will happen. Morris still has the trump card with ownership of PP & his conduct to date doesnt fill me with any confidence he will facilitate a deal to allow Kirchner access to PP via a 3rd party. Longer this goes on, greater chance of Kirchner walking & he's already done it once.

Will be happy to be proven wrong but Ashley wouldn't still be in the frame if it was close to a done deal. 

How do you know that Ashley is still in the frame, at the minute its all paper talk. Dont think anyone knows whats happening only the concerned parties.

28 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Please outline.

There were many other issues unresolved when he first pulled out. Now looks like everything good barring the stadium and there looks to be serious momentum behind sorting that out.

Of course there is always the main victim in all this who could scupper anything at any moment, Mr Morris, but CK is as close as anyone has been probably since Gabay. And I think we’ve established he isn’t a tyre kicker.

I think he will get it done, only my opinion, but even if he doesn’t it’s not the end on Monday which a couple of posters in particular seem to be stating, that was more my point. 

PS - good one re: Ron Jeremy ?

Thanks ? 

2 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Worst case scenario would be having to field players from our under 18s and under 23s. Exactly the same thing happened to Bolton in 2019/20 & they predictably finished second bottom of League One. No suggestion at that time that the EFL wouldn't allow it.

FWIW I dont believe for a second that will happen. We will exit administration over the next few weeks but I don't believe it will be with Kirchner as owner.

We don't have enough young players under contract to even do that. Our embargoes have been more savage than any other team has suffered. 

I suspect that we could agree a deal to sign players on very low wages to allow us to put a side out, if we could show we had enough funding. 

33 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

How do you know that Ashley is still in the frame, at the minute its all paper talk. Dont think anyone knows whats happening only the concerned parties.

Absolutely agree.

I still don't see DCFC in the dire state it's in as a potential MA acquisition.

8 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

Feeling very positive but slightly concerned that CK's jet is en route back to the US! Hopefully popping back to say hello, get his pants cleaned and then over here on Monday ?

Why do his pants need cleaning? ?

4 minutes ago, RipleyRich said:

Do you really believe that?

Yes. 

If the alternative was liquidation, then yes. 

They have treated us badly but they don't want another Bury on their hands