The Administration Thread

Boycie

56 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Because Mike Ashley has a magical solution to the stadium problem as well? Who on earth thinks Ashley will bid less for the club but quite willingly spend £22m on the ground?

The guy is a joker I'm afraid who is NOT serious about taking us over.

I think he wants to buy the stadium first. Then gamble on nobody else wanting to buy the club if they can't have access to the ground at least by lease (which he could then easily refuse). Then because nobody else would be interested in the club, bid the absolute minimum he can for it screwing over legitimate creditors (again). Morris wouldn't mind because he'd get his money, and Ashley would get the club he wants on the cheap, the super rich guys win again.

8 minutes ago, Jon Bon Pony said:

I think he wants to buy the stadium first. Then gamble on nobody else wanting to buy the club if they can't have access to the ground at least by lease (which he could then easily refuse). Then because nobody else would be interested in the club, bid the absolute minimum he can for it screwing over legitimate creditors (again). Morris wouldn't mind because he'd get his money, and Ashley would get the club he wants on the cheap, the super rich guys win again.

I expect that to be the approach he'd take if CK drops out - if he can do a deal on the stadium, Q either deal with his low bid or push us into liquidation - at which point MA can snaffle whatever is left for even less.

A tough approach, but it's worth pointing out that there's only one man responsible for the creditors getting screwed and that won't be MA....

2 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I expect that to be the approach he'd take if CK drops out - if he can do a deal on the stadium, Q either deal with his low bid or push us into liquidation - at which point MA can snaffle whatever is left for even less.

A tough approach, but it's worth pointing out that there's only one man responsible for the creditors getting screwed and that won't be MA....

Fully agree with the last sentence.

I think the only reason it hasn't been the case already is that Morris maybe has a written agreement to give preferred bidders first refusal.

But as it is, Morris doesn't need to drop his price demands because he knows if push comes to shove, he'll get his money from MA anyway.

36 minutes ago, Jon Bon Pony said:

Fully agree with the last sentence.

I think the only reason it hasn't been the case already is that Morris maybe has a written agreement to give preferred bidders first refusal.

But as it is, Morris doesn't need to drop his price demands because he knows if push comes to shove, he'll get his money from MA anyway.

Yeah I understood that Morris had agreed with Q to give purchaser first dibs on the stadium at the option price.. which I take to be the value of the Msd loan. If Ck doesn’t want the stadium then Morris can sell to the Council , league of gentlemen (next generation) . Or whoever. 

33 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

Not long until his exclusivity period ends now 

Now first I have to state that I’ve only been involved in 3 M&A deals, but each time all 4 of us directors were there start to finish along with our legal team (going through to the early hours twice). So it seems a little odd that CK is at a Golf event whilst this is going down.  Makes me wonder whether A) a deal was agreed but not finalised on Sunday and is in the hands of the lawyers or B) CK has gone in search of funds in the Far East as a last minute effort to get the deal done on Saturday. Just seems odd him not being here and sending a deputy to the golf event. 

7 minutes ago, RedSox said:

Now first I have to state that I’ve only been involved in 3 M&A deals, but each time all 4 of us directors were there start to finish along with our legal team (going through to the early hours twice). So it seems a little odd that CK is at a Golf event whilst this is going down.  Makes me wonder whether A) a deal was agreed but not finalised on Sunday and is in the hands of the lawyers or B) CK has gone in search of funds in the Far East as a last minute effort to get the deal done on Saturday. Just seems odd him not being here and sending a deputy to the golf event. 

I think it’s more likely that it’s a) - he’s literally done everything he can. 

24 minutes ago, RedSox said:

I think buying us is his personal affairs, and representing his company as the CEO of the main sponsor is his business, so would take priority. He seems to be comfortable delegating, and is contactable. 

24 minutes ago, RedSox said:

No disrespect but were the M&A’s you were involved with of the same magnitude we’re talking about here, did you all have other commitments/business interests that you needed to keep going and did you have a right hand man of Cooks experience that you could leave it in the hands of (whilst you were still on the end of a Video call if needed?)

17 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

No disrespect but were the M&A’s you were involved with of the same magnitude we’re talking about here, did you all have other commitments/business interests that you needed to keep going and did you have a right hand man of Cooks experience that you could leave it in the hands of (whilst you were still on the end of a Video call if needed?)

No, no and thrice no to be fair. Even so, if it were my personal money (not my company’s), I would have to admit I’d be wary of leaving such a complex gig in anyone’s hands without me being there. Call me old fashioned, but that’s how I’d want to play it. ??

6 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Moved the goalposts there mate! You said you didn't think CK has the financial wherewithwal to take us forward and that's the point I addressed. I've no PL delusions at this point, I'm simply hoping CK can first offer stability, then a return to the Championship. Any thoughts concerning the PL seem pretty irrelevant at this point. 

I disagree in that I am always thinking of the Premier League. I don't want us ever not to have that ambition. The sooner the better. Whether CK can deliver on that is a key question for me. 

Ashley has the money and the experience of running a club and his only reason for owning us would be eventually to own a Premier League club. Plus his distribution centre is in Derbyshire. I don't understand Kirchner's motivation for buying us except to rub shoulders with Rooney and receive the adulation of the fans. I hope he does have the money (but if he did he surely wouldn't need other people to buy the ground for him) and there are better reasons for him to be involved, but I don't understand what they are.