The Administration Thread

Boycie

3 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

The first post in this thread was Dec 24th, but I thought we went into admin before that?

This one started when a preferred bidder, who we now know to be CK, was due to be announced and then promptly wasn't, then it just became the de facto Admin thread just to stop people creating millions of the buggers. Admin started in September.

1 minute ago, jimtastic56 said:

So Mels offering a ground worth £81 mill for £20 mill. He is giving away £61 million and CK and Ashley don’t want it ? What a generous bloke Mel is! 

He probably sees it that way

he’s forgotten the debts he should have paid off, that others are now having to pick up or write off

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

This one started when a preferred bidder, who we now know to be CK, was due to be announced and then promptly wasn't, then it just became the de facto Admin thread just to stop people creating millions of the buggers. Admin started in September.

Thanks I thought I had lost time.

i might reread this when it’s all over. Shame that the early vitriol from September is not here

12 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

The difference being that you believed the Q statement and seemed to have swallowed it lock, stock and barrel. I don't. Q's informant could only have been Mel Morris. Q cannot corroborate the veracity of the claims but still choose to release the allegation. It was Mel who appointed them and so he is effectively their paymaster. If you want to believe everything he says, without question after all he has said and not said over the last three years, that's your problem.

Thing is though, Quantuma don't really have much choice but to take Mel at his word re: the threats, whether we or they believe them or not.

If he's been on the phone saying he'll outright refuse to sell the stadium to anyone unless someone puts a statement out regarding messages he may or may not have received, what they do? Refuse and he follows through with his threats and....?

He's metaphorically got a gun to their heads, and those of anyone wanting to deal their way out of the impasse.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

5 hours ago, RipleyRich said:

But is that £23m now and the balance to satisfy creditors at 35% to be paid over 3 years?

The amount ultimately paid to creditors could be significantly higher than £23m.

As far as I understand it, the £23m would be 100% of the footballing debts (Arsenal) + 35% over three years for the rest. Unsure how it works for HMRC, as a preferential creditor, but I would have to presume that there's been a deal struck since the total amount owed to them was over £35m IIRC.

4 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Apologies but just for clarity, does the ‘rumours of other parties showing interest’ bit mean in the context of the stadium deal, in a seperate stadium deal or on a seperate deal for the club and stadium?

It reads that way. 

4 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Bangkok? It could be business or pleasure or a bit of both. Either way I hope he gets a happy ending at Derby too.

"man who walk round naked, probably going to Bangkok" - ancient chinese proverb

1 minute ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Thing is though, Quantuma don't really have much choice but to take Mel at his word re: the threats.

Death threats are a cause of great public concern and should be left to the police to deal with, not Quantuma. The first we have heard from the police on the matter is the extremely reserved statement they put out today, which gave no indication whatsoever as to the veracity of the claims. Just remember if the claims are without substance they are an unnecessary stain on the Derby County fanbase in general. I don't want that and neither should you.

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

Q have given CK more time because he offers the best deal for the creditors - that’s what they’re employed to ensure…..

They should at this stage be considering all offers.  Take the best one that goes through.

The price for the stadium has not changed, yet CK said he was not interested in it, then moved the goalposts with a couple of days left.....

Poorly managed by Q and CK, thetefore all offers at this stage should be on the table.....

44 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

So Mels offering a ground worth £81 mill for £20 mill. He is giving away £61 million and CK and Ashley don’t want it ? What a generous bloke Mel is! 

If I was kircher I take and give to rooney to start rebuild job.

1 hour ago, RAM1966 said:

So why has nobody bought Mels over priced train set?  Been up for sale for a couple of years.....  Because nobody is going to fork our for a vastly overpriced club....  Not me thats the clown!

I agree owners go into football knowing they are likely yo have to bank roll thier clubs.  It doesnt mean they are prepared to pay rediculous money to start with.

Kirchner is not going to complete this deal, unless he's gifted tge ground, or a local consortium purchase it and allow hi. to use it for a peppercorn rent....  Im surpised Q have been stupid enough to give CK till Sat with extended exclusivity, they should be looking at all offers.

I think kircher will get I want him to get it

Quite clearly everyone else do to.

A quick leaf through the pages tells me I should not engage with this…because I’m just seeing folks making wild statements. And bring a bit emotional with the follow ups. So I will regret wading in…especially since I may not respond for a bit- sorry ?

However the thing that seems to stand out is an assumption that there are magical better offers out in the wild that are being cruelly held back from some incompetent force. Madness. 

The truth of the matter(as I see it) is boring AF. This deal sucks. Mel has complicated the math by how he structured the loans/stadium purchase. 

Any potential buyer looks at this as a crap deal. All parties currently at the table or hovering have the means to complete the deal. But obviously will continue to push for best terms. 

We will find out soon enough who wants to give in and pay over what this Club is currently worth.

The only person who has satisfied the process thus far is CK. If anyone else wants to do better- then they need to voice that.

If Ashley wants to put a bug in the ear of Q and say he wants to put forth a better deal…he would have done that. Exclusivity does not stop him from making his intentions clear.

In short: complex business deals that involve history, sentiment, and future value are generally long drawn out and boring minutiae. There are no conspiracies, there are no magical deals.

At some point some one caves on a line item. Then the deal is made. We are very close to that point.  

Edited by Hanny
Clarity

36 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

They should at this stage be considering all offers.  Take the best one that goes through.

The price for the stadium has not changed, yet CK said he was not interested in it, then moved the goalposts with a couple of days left.....

Poorly managed by Q and CK, thetefore all offers at this stage should be on the table.....

You won't get more than one party working towards the finalisation of a purchase, not least because the other parties with an interest in the transaction won't negotiate with more than one party. "Having all of the offers on the table" and treating it as a race to the finish just isn't feasible. 

4 minutes ago, Hanny said:

A quick leaf through the pages tells me I should not engage with this…because I’m just seeing folks making wild statements. And bring a bit emotional with the follow ups. So I will regret wading in…especially since I may not respond for a bit- sorry ?

However the thing that seems to stand out is an assumption that there are magical better offers out in the wild that are being cruelly held back from some incompetent force. Madness. 

The truth of the matter(as I see it) is boring AF. This deal sucks. Mel has complicated the math by how he structured the loans/stadium purchase. 

Any potential buyer looks at this as a crap deal. All parties currently at the table or hovering have the means to complete the deal. But obviously will continue to push for best terms. 

We will find out soon enough who wants to give in and pay over what this Club is currently worth.

The only person who has satisfied the process thus far is CK. If anyone else wants to do better- then they need to voice that.

If Ashley wants to put a bug in the ear of Q and say he wants to put forth a better deal…he would have done that. Exclusivity does not stop him from making his intentions clear.

Bingo Bango!

Especially the bit in bold. 

willy wonka pure imagination GIF

53 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Rick Parry telling the world the biggest problem all along was the stadium ? man, he’s not far behind Morris in bad karma wishes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61386082

I would put Parry, Gibson and Morris on equal footing.

If Derby die all three have contributed to it. While Morris is the root cause, he's done it out of stupidity and thinking he's cleverer than every one else.

Parry and Gibson have done it out of spite.

1 hour ago, Brailsford Ram said:

The difference being that you believed the Q statement and seemed to have swallowed it lock, stock and barrel. I don't. Q's informant could only have been Mel Morris. Q cannot corroborate the veracity of the claims but still choose to release the allegation. It was Mel who appointed them and so he is effectively their paymaster. If you want to believe everything he says, without question after all he has said and not said over the last three years, that's your problem. I spent 39 years investigating serious and major crimes and I don't need you to help me make my mind up about what is being said here. It is not unusual for people to make false claims for the purpose of receiving public sympathy. Do you remember Mick Philpott?

That is my take on the matter. Only one man knows whether there have been a multitude of death threats or not. You don't and I don't. If there have been and they have all been reported to the police, I would have expected Derbyshire Constabulary to have made one, two, three, four or more arrests by now but it seems they haven't.

I don't know what you did or do for a living but I sure hope you weren't a brain surgeon. 

All of us on here want the best for Derby County and falling out between ourselves is not what any of us want, but at times you can be very irritating. For weeks now you have been running round in circles looking for things that are not there and offering opinions that change by the day. Not long ago you were telling everyone that Mel Morris cannot and will not have any say on who gets to take Derby County over. Many thought you were wrong. The events of the past few days seem to indicate beyond any reasonable doubt that they were right.

Blimey!!!

I’ve swallowed Q’s statement lock stock and barrel ?!

I’m pretty sceptical when reading statements of this type and I’ve written enough of them to understand them pretty well. The idea MM would lie to Q about death threats however is bordering on the fanciful, despite how much some on here might want to believe it. Given the vitriol on this forum and Twitter, and having seen at too close a range what some of our fans are capable of, I’d expect there to have been multiple death threats. Surprised your background leads you to think otherwise.  

You can twist my words all you want. And you can twist the facts. You’ll notice though that CK slated MM in public, accused him of blocking his bid, but that despite this, CK is ... err...  the PB. (Not MM’s chosen PB, that’s for sure !!!). 

The evidence indicates that MM has one key objective, namely that he does not have to write further cheques to pay off MSD. There is not one shred of evidence I have seen that suggests MM has adopted a different position with different bidders. Have you seen any ?? And if MM were to dick Q around and interfere in the M&A process, he would face serious repercussions in court. No question 

If there’s a change of direction - if MM does a preferential stadium deal with Ashley for example - I’ll change my view. But right now I don’t believe that MM has controlled the I/d of the buyer. And if you consider CK’s comments about MM, if you consider that Rooney and Stretford are all bound up in CK’s bid and that MM and Rooney detest each other, I think you’ll see how unlikely it is that MM has influenced the PB nomination.

In fact the more likely scenario is that Rooney and Stretford have been the only external parties who have had influence and there is at the least circumstantial evidence to support this 

44 minutes ago, Crewton said:

You won't get more than one party working towards the finalisation of a purchase, not least because the other parties with an interest in the transaction won't negotiate with more than one party. "Having all of the offers on the table" and treating it as a race to the finish just isn't feasible. 

Wasnt that what Q tried to do with their bid deadline?  Its been a ducking shambles from start to finish.  No surprise as the clown who appointed Q is responsible for this crock of sh*te....

29 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

Wasnt that what Q tried to do with their bid deadline?  Its been a ducking shambles from start to finish.  No surprise as the clown who appointed Q is responsible for this crock of sh*te....

No, that was to get the supposedly interested parties to put in formal offers - which only 2 appear to have done (Kirchner and Binnies). If you leave the process open to all-comers indefinitely, you'll almost certainly end up with no purchaser.