The Administration Thread

Boycie

9 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Yeah, so as @i-Ram suggested, it may result in the club being liquidated but Ashley would have a stadium ready for the Phoenix club.

Best case under Ashley would be avoid liquidation and settle for the 15 point deduction. (Forget losing Rooney and the academy)

So who does Mel make a deal with??

• Putting himself first then he will accept Ashley's offer
  • Being a "Derby fan", he will facilitate Kirchner taking over the club with some arrangement on the ground

Or we pray that these local businessmen can reach agreement quickly with Mel for the stadium so CK proceeds. If he is a fan at all surely he would prefer that unless he really would put personal grievances first

6 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

Q don't seem to have been keen to talk to him so far so perhaps that would give an indication of how desperate they are.

He hasn't put in a bid or official expression of interest through the proper channels so far (he may now have), just put little bits out in the press making noises about wanting to do something but being 'frustrated' at making no progress... even though he hasn't actually taken any valid action to move things along.

Without that there's nothing for the administrators to talk to him about, he has not engaged with the process, but making it sound like he's there waiting for someone to get in touch with him plays up to the (very intentional and disingenuously engineered) narrative that it's the admins refusing to deal. And people are still falling for it.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

What do you know about Ashley? 

As I said CK chooses how he is seen.

You side with who you want, it doesn't mean you are right. ?

Agree with this ...how is MA getting stick for not paying over the odds for a football club ? I will have a small wager that his valuation is not far off what its worth...something is only worth the value of what someone is willing to pay MA did not rack up this debt and I don't remember him putting St james Park at risk by selling it off or getting loans he could'nt afford against it

CK would be my option but without the ground is a no go and think we are starting to see that is how it is...so MA buying us for whatever  price he pays if he is succesful  is unfortunately what it is worth......

If you had 300k in your account to buy a house and it was only valued at 200k...would you expect to have to pay more just because you have it?

make no bones about it...if MA gets us at the price he thinks is right he WILL not lose money on us and will turn us into an elite club eg prem league at some stage to maximise that.....does anyone think he'd buy us with a view to see us ticking along in league 1?

2 hours ago, nottingram said:

It is what it is. It’s a high pressure situation for a lot of people involved who at times will need a release.

Fans have been starved of interaction and communication for a while. At the moment I find Kirchner’s approach refreshing and I believe him when he says he would not have invested what he has so far if he didn’t think it would work. But I can see it is not for everyone and I dare say if he was on the verge of taking over Forest I would see it differently.

Hope your right , it just rings alarm bells for me ,owners too involved with players , very mel if we believe the rumours 

What a ?show. Anyone remember if it was this bad in 1984 - i suppose the huge difference was no social media/forums to whip everything up 24-7. 

I was quite pro-Ashley when he was first mentioned and would have chosen him due to experience and we have to be a success to make him money but as the last 3 or 4 months have gone I have really enjoyed what has gone on footballing wise and the connection with the fans. MA has proved he doesnt give a you know what about the fans or he would have engaged with the whole process properly.  Do we know if Wayne would leave if MA?  I think the feel-good vibe against the odds will only continue with CK (based on no facts whatsoever just a hunch) and so prefer him but the most important thing is we survive. Just want it done quickly now

Just now, Animal is a Ram said:

Interesting that Nixon has stated a figure of £45m for MA to match CKs offer AND get the stadium - which would mean that CKs offer stands at roughly £23m.

How does £23M equate to a % of what is due to creditors ?

27 minutes ago, S8TY said:

If you had 300k in your account to buy a house and it was only valued at 200k...would you expect to have to pay more just because you have it?

No. But we're not talking about someone putting their life savings on a starter house.

If I had £20m in the bank, saw a property I really wanted up for auction with a guide price of around £200k, if required I would probably pay an extra £20-30k or so to ensure that I won that auction, and someone else didn't get it. 

I could easily afford to take the hit, no point squabbling over the pocket change, it's water off a ducks back.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

7 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

What a ?show. Anyone remember if it was this bad in 1984 - i suppose the huge difference was no social media/forums to whip everything up 24-7. 

I cannot remember exactly but didn't Stuart Webb & Maxwell save the club within 5 minutes of the winding up order being served at The High Courts?

That's quite bad.

Social Media and forums are what are keeping us informed. Back then, there was better, more inquiring journalism - or at least the journalists were allowed to investigate and report, not merely attract clickbait.

MA will offer much less and get it meaning he can also get stadium but  creditors will  get less ( lets not forget they are not his debts!) we get a club on -15 next season which he might appeal who knows but he will get us back to the championship and if its all about money then the prem too...there is absolutely no point in him buying us to see us dwindle in league 1 and he will have zero interest in selling PP ...some are suggesting MA is all about money but will then see us dwindle away in league 1 and 2 ..that doesnt make sense.....-15 points and he wouldn't have to spend loads to get us out of league1 which is a starting point....he spent plenty on players at the toon and better than having no club at all or playing at stoke...he also sold Newcastle to someone who is minted so all in all theyve not done too badly...as i said better than no club at all

4 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

How does £23M equate to a % of what is due to creditors ?

Well with the EFL satisfied that it meets their criteria for a 'successful' exit from administration (i.e. no points deduction), I won't speculate other than 100% to football creditors, the rest 35% over three years.

The one I can't work out is HMRC, given their status as preferential creditor. But there must have been a deal done, as I think the club owed over £30m to HMRC alone?

Edited by Animal is a Ram

I have no idea how serious or otherwise Ashley's interest might be but to me we really need to hope that we can hit the no points penalty threshold. Even if we are saved (for now), watching another season of crippling points deductions and embargoes with even less players on the books would test a lot of peoples patience and willingness to dip into already stretched household budgets. We desperately need to be able to draw a line under recent financial traumas and try to move on and start rebuilding our battered and plundered playing squad and junior ranks.