The Administration Thread

Boycie

Alan Nixon on Twitter...I can't copy and paste so this will have to do.

"EFL summit today with good news on points deduction front. Kirchner could pay 35p in pound and avoid 15 points deduction next year"

Actually this is the tweet.

Alan Nixon
@reluctantnicko
Derby in EFL summit talks … with good news on progress and penalty points front.

Kirchner will do 35p/£ over three years to avoid the 15pt penalty, met with the EFL today.

#dcfc

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

"EFL summit today with good news on points deduction front. Kirchner could pay 35p in pound and avoid 15 points deduction next year"

I was hoping that he would just clear the lot.

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Is that efl saying IF CK could pay 35p then no points docked or is it CK saying he could pay 35p (if his arm was twisted)?

2 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

Is that efl saying IF CK could pay 35p then no points docked or is it CK saying he could pay 35p (if his arm was twisted)?

I'm not sure I understand your distinction but from the meeting with the EFL today it seems that paying 35p on the pound is a realistic option that both sides are open to

1 minute ago, Tombo said:

I'm not sure I understand your distinction but from the meeting with the EFL today it seems that paying 35p on the pound is a realistic option that both sides are open to

That sounds like very good news indeed.
Now that I’m feeling upbeat and positive again, I might amend my prediction for the Fulham game.

2 hours ago, cosmic said:

So we're heading into League One with a new owner forking over millions just to keep us alive, who will then need to spend loads on building a first-team squad, and everyone on here is fantasising about heavy investment in and around Pride Park? Alright.

Well CK has alluded to this so it's not entirely surprising that people are talking about it. If we're to be sustainable on the pitch then we need to grow the off the pitch side of things, it's not rocket science. It doesn't have to mean huge investment, it does need some imagination though.

I don't think this is good news at all.  If our new chairman is loaded why don't we just pay 25p in the pound and be done with it.  35p in the pound over 3 years sounds like kicking the can down the road.  There is only one reason (as I see it you would do that).... you don't have the money.  People will come back and say this may allow CK to invest in the squad earlier on..... 

4 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I hope you mean it sorts out the balloons and not the kids......

I shouldn't laugh, I've very strong feelings about knife crime, knowing at least 5 people killed by stabbings in last 25yrs.

I shouldn't have even cracked the flick knife joke to be fair.

A funny stabbing story though, there was an annoying lad in our art/tech design class at school in the 90s. He kept tapping my mate on the arm near the elbow joint as he was speaking, my mate getting annoyed, in plain sight, picked up one of those old fashioned compass things with the spiky point (for drawing circles), and right in front of everyone, threaded it into his elbow crease. Everyone was paying attention, except Colin, the annoying lad of once more slapped my mate on the elbow, only to stab his own palm. It was a thing of beauty, a bit like an Idiakez free-kick, it took about 2 seconds for Colin to scream. No blood was drawn and no lasting damage.

5 minutes ago, NimonicRam said:

I don't think this is good news at all.  If our new chairman is loaded why don't we just pay 25p in the pound and be done with it.  35p in the pound over 3 years sounds like kicking the can down the road.  There is only one reason (as I see it you would do that).... you don't have the money.  People will come back and say this may allow CK to invest in the squad earlier on..... 

will probably work out the same or cheaper but front loading means paying HMRC more and quicker!

2 hours ago, cosmic said:

So we're heading into League One with a new owner forking over millions just to keep us alive, who will then need to spend loads on building a first-team squad, and everyone on here is fantasising about heavy investment in and around Pride Park? Alright.

I know what you mean, @cosmic, but we have to start making small steps to making PP the very best ground to visit in terms of comfort, a good welcome and a family friendly/ away fan atmosphere. I think we are all getting excited about what PP could be under CK and not considering the cost. We'd all like it to happen tomorrow but hopefully it will in the future.

Totally off topic, but our last cat was called Cosmic.