The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, GeneralRam said:

At least when we get liquidated we’re allowed back into league 2. Especially if we’d start in league 1 with -15.

People need to realise here’s duck all to buy, especially when you can get another championship club for not much more.

Mel Morris, the man that stripped Derby of its assets and got it liquidated. Should be chucked in prison. 

Are we allowed back in league 2? I don't know of any rule that says this could happen. Just someone posted on here that it could be possible? I assume it would be lower down although maybe its not impossible

Been following this club up and down the country for 45 years but if it becomes a new club new beginning down the pyramid ….I’m out ! 
we will lose fans and before anyone accuses me of not being a proper fan here are my reasons 

the actual core of the club would be ripped out it will only be Derby County in name …it won’t feel the same for me and I won’t go to any games I just don’t think I can summon up the enthusiasm after the last two years and can only apologise

i wont be alone and that’s why I think we have to survive to be taken over but I fear the worst 

saying let’s start again a Phoenix club led by fans from scratch etc etc all sounds well and good but it will be heart breaking to see this once great club in such a position it really is soul destroying seeing us in such a mess ….thanks Morris I wish you’d never set foot in PP ??

Edited by S8TY

Just now, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Are we allowed back in league 2? I don't know of any rule that says this could happen. Just someone posted on here that it could be possible? I assume it would be lower down although maybe its not impossible

Nixon been going on about how it’s possible.

if Derby disappear though I’ll be done with football other than England in tournaments.

3 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Been following this club up and down the country for 45 years but if it becomes a new club new beginning down the pyramid ….I’m out ! 
we will lose fans and before anyone accuses me of not being a proper fan here are my reasons 

the actual core of the club would be ripped out it will only be Derby County in name …it won’t feel the same for me and I won’t go to any games I just don’t think I can summon up the enthusiasm after the last two years and can only apologise

i wont be alone and that’s why I think we have to survive to be taken over but I fear the worst 

saying let’s start again a Phoenix club led by fans from scratch etc etc all sounds well and good but it will be heart breaking to see this once great club in such a position it really is soul destroying seeing us in such a mess ….thanks Morris I wish you’d never set foot in PP ??

100% agree with you.

It's hard enough at the moment. My 9 year old son came home from school yesterday saying he wants to move to Derbyshire because everyone at school is making fun of him for being a Derby fan. If the club becomes a phoenix, I would take my two kids to watch but it will be for them. To me, it would feel like supporting a different club

45 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

They're on a daily-rate type of agreement.  They get paid out of the proceeds of the sale/liquidation - they're ranked behind MSD (and anybody else with a fixed charge), but ahead of HMRC and everyone else.  So it's in their interests to sell (or liquidate) for as much as possible, to make sure they get paid.  There's no incentive for them to drag things out then liquidate the club as there probably won't even be enough assets left to sell to cover their fees.  The best outcome for Quantuma is a successful sale that gets done reasonably quickly (both from a personal reputation perspective, and a "making sure we get paid" one).  Trashing their reputation by dragging things out and then failing to sell, will not help them get the next job, even if they make a few extra bucks from this one. 

If the creditors feel that Quantuma are taking excessive fees, there are processes in place for them to challenge the fees in court etc. 

That won't stop certain people stomping their feet and making digs at Qauntuma in 80-90% of their posts though.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

1 hour ago, winktheram said:

Cracking article that is, thanks for sharing. Don't half make you think. You can see what the bidders are up against, clear the debts but then further on-going funding is needed to just stand still let alone 'go for it'. 

I hope people have read that. Imagine the hike in energy bills happening in football right now. That article from a few years ago stated a £760,000 cost for gas, electricity and water to Boro. Well that now has trebled, and the cost of night matches must be horrendous. How much of this Morris is covering is not known, but every month that goes by the debts rise by £2m, what could have been sold in January for £28 will now be £34m and by season end will be £40m.

1 minute ago, GeneralRam said:

Nixon been going on about how it’s possible.

if Derby disappear though I’ll be done with football other than England in tournaments.

This is kinda how I feel.  Its not just Derby's situation either.  Ultimately money and power corrupt.  We now have situations where games are won and lost in a backroom somewhere with some seemingly some infallible person makes decisions.  We all have our moment where we say things like 'the games gone'.  My dad used to be a diehard fan... he lost the love at the beginning of the premier league years and has never got it back.  Having said that he still listens to the games on Radio Derby and will watch when we are on Sky.  Many (not all... and to those fans I salute.) of us will get to a point where you no longer recognise the game you love.  The money in the game is one thing but to have a regulatory body treat our club the way the EFL have is mine.  Will always be a supporter but my life won't revolve around Derby County anymore.  Arranging my day around a 3pm Sat kick off, checking the fixture list before we make plans....  Making deals with mates whos gonna queue up for a ticket to Forest.  Will visit Pride Park (or Saltergate!) 3-4 times a year now. 

The fanbase will stay strong though and I celebrate that.  For young fans this is the game they know and love but I suspect that love will be challenged in a different way; introduction of orange cards, sin bins, 1 robot player per team, various power ups or 1 robot player per team! ?

I do think that the EFL need to look at their insolvency practices. It was widely felt that Leicester 'cheated' by going into administration, wiped out 75% of debts and carried on as before under very similar ownership. Understandably, the EFL brought in new rules to make administration a far less attractive option.

The points deductions, the imposed business plans, the withheld TV money and varying degrees of transfer embargo now ensure that no club can do a Leicester without suffering significant damage. That's supposed to be a deterrent to owners. Indeed, I suspect that, that deterrent has worked very well - clubs only go into administration now out of desperation. 

That's a problem though. The deterrent then squeezes the life out of a club who are already in trouble. The last few clubs have just about survived, with the exception of poor Bury. The difference is now though, HMRC have far more say and can't just be forced to settle for 25%. 

It is actually possible that this has made exiting administration next to impossible, given how damaging the EFL sanctions already are. 

Frustratingly, those deterrents don't actually hurt the guilty parties, the former owners, just the creditors, the fans and the perspective new owners.

15 minutes ago, S8TY said:

It's not happened yet.  It may never happen.  

I therefore retain the God-given right to change my mind at any point... but I have to say, that mirrors my own experiences and current view.
It's not like I bother watching any other football any more, so yeah, IF it happens, I reckon I might just be walking away too!  Sad thought though that is!   

I must admit to being confused by one point in this process.

A number of weeks ago the Administrators were going to announce the PB but it was reported this was frustrated be the EFL.

Presumably the PB that the Administrators were going to announce knew the full scope of the problem they were going to have to take on and had bid enough money to satisfy the Creditors and HRMC.

Given the above what has changed??

Mo Salah supposedly wants £500,000 a week. 

Yeah, the game has gone for me too. It's broken on so many levels and players wages is a significant one. 

So many things irritate me when I watch a game, from diving to soft penalties given, from time wasting to the kits being worn.

Think I'll start following kabbadi instead.

I might be a bit strange on my views, but at the moment I think I’d prefer a complete fresh start in whatever national league we could get in. I realise most won’t follow, but the ones that do would be the ones there to support a Derby FC, even if it is only a few hundred. 
Going down to league 1 with another points deduction feels like a slow death, starting again in League 2 would be like accepting the EFL destroy us but want to keep our income so we’d have to humbly accept their generosity in allowing us to stay. 
starting again in the National League North could be an exciting adventure, you never know. 

I think its not unreasonable now to ask the administrators what timetable we are working to. They cant/wont divulge any private information but the timescale is fair for the fans to know I would say. 

Regarding the value of DCFC. Its not just the assets, of which there are very few its the potential that is also sold. If any business is up for sale then yes, assets are important but its by no means the only consideration.

34 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Personally, I'd find the journey of starting a new club and working our way through the leagues quite an exciting prospect. I am a bit disillusioned by football in general in it's current state anyway as its just all about money now. The lower leagues and non-league are more about the love of football rather than money. 

Look at the ridiculous wages, transfer fees and agent fees in the Premier League, it's all gone mental and not in synch with the common fan. Would be better if the whole thing implodes and starts again in a more sustainable form.

I still hope that our club gets saved, but I won't stop supporting a new phoenix club if the worst happens.