The Administration Thread

Boycie

8 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Im not implying anything I am stating though that Morris holds an important card in our takeover and he should'nt !!

don't stick up for Morris he's the reason we are in this mess!! 

It seems likely that MM’s support is needed to allow PB to be announced 

In other words, that on some scenarios (relegation?) he has to put more money in - over and above the £200?m he’s already spent - to pay off MSD. 

He could just have said ‘I’ll spend no more’  in which case I think we’d be getting different noises from Q. So the signs are he’s working with Q to agree a basis on which a deal can proceed with his support. 

Your post suggests you know for a fact that MM is doing nothing and you’ve not explained what basis you have for that. 

14 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

It seems likely that MM’s support is needed to allow PB to be announced 

In other words, that on some scenarios (relegation?) he has to put more money in - over and above the £200?m he’s already spent - to pay off MSD. 

He could just have said ‘I’ll spend no more’  in which case I think we’d be getting different noises from Q. So the signs are he’s working with Q to agree a basis on which a deal can proceed with his support. 

Your post suggests you know for a fact that MM is doing nothing and you’ve not explained what basis you have for that. 

MM's support??? .....yes thats done us a lot of good.     MM's support should not be needed!!!! he walked away ...no responsibilty !! yet holds cards still .....Morris chose to walk away and put us into admin ....his own mess but chose to walk away...yet here he is still holding valuable important cards like the stadium because he wants 20m for it or so we believe...take your rose tinted glasses off Mel and chuck the ground in as part of club ....you walked away yet still influence our future ...a future you put into jeopardy ...who would buy a house but the back garden is owned by someone else...I find your efforts to stick up for yoursef Mel ( if it is you!)as pitiful and I've often wondered if you are a WUM I'm really not interested in your support of Morris ....he's put this club into severe danger and bailed out because he lost 200m ...so what? we were better off being run by the yanks and thats a fact.....

get your head out of your backside and stop making Morris out to be hard done by.....his fault 100 per cent ....lets hear your love for morris if this club folds!!

Edited by S8TY

8 minutes ago, S8TY said:

MM's support??? .....yes thats done us a lot of good.     MM's support should not be needed!!!! he walked away ...no responsibilty !! yet holds cards still .....Morris chose to walk away and put us into admin ....his own mess but chose to walk away...yet here he is still holding valuable important cards like the stadium because he wants 20m for it or so we believe...take your rose tinted glasses off Mel and chuck the ground in as part of club ....you walked away yet still influence our future ...a future you put into jeopardy ...who would buy a house but the back garden is owned by someone else...I find your efforts to stick up for yoursef Mel ( if it is you!)as pitiful and I've often wondered if you are a WUM I'm really not interested in your support of Morris ....he's put this club into severe danger and bailed out because he lost 200m ...so what? we were better off being run by the yanks and thats a fact.....

get your head out of your backside and stop making Morris out to be hard done by.....his fault 100 per cent ....lets hear your love for morris if this club folds!!

No one is what mel has done is wrong but he came back to deal with steve gibson and I think someone spoke to home truths but I do think mel should clear msd loans and hmrc people even pay admin out of his pocket maybe that why he want 20m for pp. But yes I think it is wrong to expect to buy stadium on it's own.

1 hour ago, tombomb said:

Do we think everything hinges on staying in the champioship? Might aswell start as a phoenix club if we get relegated with - 15points or is it not as simple as that? I think this is the reason for the delay. Just waiting to see if we stay up. Why would you spend 30million plus on league 1 club with 6 contracted players and any decent academy players already poached for peanuts. Wouldn't make sense

Q shouldnt have put the club in a position where the league we are in is relevant

any amount we cost in this league will be the same as us being in league one had we sold assets and not taken loans out to see the season. we have borrowed the same amount PLUS INTEREST that the tv revenues would be.

the biggest failure of Q has been they have not made the club cheaper to buy, in doing so it is highly unlikely we will find a buyer

a disaster scenario is we go down and still have all those loans we took out to pay

18 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

No one is what mel has done is wrong but he came back to deal with steve gibson and I think someone spoke to home truths but I do think mel should clear msd loans and hmrc people even pay admin out of his pocket maybe that why he want 20m for pp. But yes I think it is wrong to expect to buy stadium on it's own.

oh come on please do me a favour. you are saying that like he is on our side

FACT

if mel wanted to resolve any of the stadium, hmrc or msd problems, it would have been solved by now. the only one he solved was the one that would potentially cost HIM money

32 minutes ago, S8TY said:

it is shocking that people have a single favourable thing to say about the man. he should never be allowed to show his face in this county again after what he has done

it is pure stockholm syndrome

Look he did not have to come back to sort gibson out but he did and yes he has left us in a mess but he is I'll perhaps it all got to much for him and yes he should sort out help a lot sooner and yes I do not like him because way left us in a mess.

But until your really really really I'll you dont know what it is like to owe money dont have but in mel case he clearly has the money but all these thing are factores.

2 hours ago, S8TY said:

whether it was supposedly for the right reasons or not the stadium and DCFC should never have been split up in the first place.....DCFC and Pride Park should always be as one ....I believe this is putting off potential investors as Mel could ask for a silly amount or charge rent and put the price up whenever he chose to.....its farcical and should never have been seperated from our club...?.its quite important having a ground to play in and call home ...ask coventry and brighton fans 

Very unlikely with there being a lease in place.

37 minutes ago, Ramifications said:

Ask yourself the following. If you were Mike Ashley with all the terrible poo going on in Ukraine and the possibility of escalation, would you want to invest your hard earned in potentially a League One football club? 

Yes

2 hours ago, S8TY said:

whether it was supposedly for the right reasons or not the stadium and DCFC should never have been split up in the first place.....DCFC and Pride Park should always be as one ....I believe this is putting off potential investors as Mel could ask for a silly amount or charge rent and put the price up whenever he chose to.....its farcical and should never have been seperated from our club...?.its quite important having a ground to play in and call home ...ask coventry and brighton fans 

Given that our material assets equate to the square root of bugger all it's hardly surprising that we don't have investors kicking our door down wanting to pay to take on board existing debts that Morris welched on before he chucked the club into administration 

42 minutes ago, Ramifications said:

Ask yourself the following. If you were Mike Ashley with all the terrible poo going on in Ukraine and the possibility of escalation, would you want to invest your hard earned in potentially a League One football club? 

Well yes if I was mike Ashley we have a massive support base and first class training ground a fairly good youth system but yes club needs spending on first team and youth levels can be done over time.

40 minutes ago, alram said:

Q shouldnt have put the club in a position where the league we are in is relevant

any amount we cost in this league will be the same as us being in league one had we sold assets and not taken loans out to see the season. we have borrowed the same amount PLUS INTEREST that the tv revenues would be.

the biggest failure of Q has been they have not made the club cheaper to buy, in doing so it is highly unlikely we will find a buyer

a disaster scenario is we go down and still have all those loans we took out to pay

There job isn’t to make it cheaper to buy, it’s to cut costs and make it possible to be bought. Had we not sold players we would not have had funds to complete the season. 

45 minutes ago, Ramifications said:

What's the Ukraine situation got to do with EFL League 1?

43 minutes ago, alram said:

That's kind of a weird thing to say how are the administrators responsible for making the club cheaper to buy, the amount of debt Morris left the club is fixed, the admins had to sell off players to generate revenue to enable us to see the remainder of the season out never mind reduce existing debts. There is a hierarchy in all of this unfortunately.  

2 hours ago, davenportram said:

Just a theory here

if we have a plan to come out of Admin that will cause a 15 point deduction and it’s done now wouldn’t that deduction be applied now and not next season? (As per the 12 pt deduction for administration taking place before 5pm on the fourth Thursday in March?

if it’s after the fourth Thursday in March deduction would be applied this season if it relegates us or next season if we are relegated without it applying.

it’s better punishment for us if the EFL delay because it gives a strong chance of a -15 pt start to next season.

We’ve had our 12 points for administration this season. No more points penalties for being in administration. Anything arising from not paying creditors required amounts can only be applied next season. Although should we have a chance of survival in the final weeks of the season it will be interesting whether the EFL stick with that or whether we’ll see a bespoke rule change!! 

3 hours ago, S8TY said:

I've also said this...I think Morris could help our situation greatly if he were to sell the ground to the new owner for a pittance / neglible sum....I don't care if anyone thinks ..poor Mel he's spent enough!...he's run us into the ground like it or not he is responsible...now do the right thing and see the new owners dont pay for the stadium.....I cannot see anyone paying over 30m for a club with no stadium!!!! our very existence depends on it.....but Mel Morris does nothing! apart from negotiate with a parasite like gibbon....i know i sound angry and apologies if i do....but i just dont see a solution where a new owner will have to Pay Mels debts and also for the stadium!! it beggars belief!!

If MM was going to "gift" the ground to a new owner no doubt he would have done that at the beginning of administration so the ground could have been included in any buyout.