The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

@Curtains to give you some clarity around Atherstone it isn’t posh. My wife is from nearby Sheepy so know it reasonably. To those passing through Atherstone its deceptive, it can even give the impression it’s a nice little market town. It’s anything but with one of the roughest estates in the region within its boundary. Posh is Market Bosworth. 

Back on topic - we’re not getting liquidated, the Binnies pulling out doesn’t concern me, I can only assume there are other bids on the table. Whether they are high enough to avoid -15 deduction next season we don’t know, but this is a major risk we’ve known about for some time and has always been a likely scenario. 

Which is why we moved a couple of years ago. It was getting a bit rough,well more than it was,now live in a decent village.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

That would get pretty toxic in my view and I think the team would collapse if they knew that was coming. Very possible Rooney would walk as well. He's done more than his duty and that would just be a massive FU to his and the teams efforts.

But people with money don't give a toss about such things I suppose.

Too true, they are not bothered about the integrity of the club,to them it's just a business that they hope to pick up on the cheap and nothing to do with football.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Are the administrators the ones we should really be kicking? I noticed in the statement released by the Binnies that they were more than willing to buy the club for less than what it would cost to avoid a -15 point deduction next season. Are we really sure that's not currently what they're working against, people wanting to buy the club happy to take the -15 point deduction, and they're buying time trying to avoid that situation. 

I mean, what sort of atmosphere would there be around the club towards a new owner if they happily took a -15 point deduction next season to save a few £ against paying creditors.

Without knowing the ins and outs, but reading the tea leaves, there is a narrative that the administrators are trying to avoid further penalties going forward which obviously impacts fans. I would've thought anyone coming in to buy the club would obviously want to avoid that anyway, but seemingly not. 

i appreciate your positivity but i think the truth is closer to they would be delighted if the club will be here next season with a 15 point penalty 

if it was the case that there was more money on the table then they would have announced a pf , we like to think that its ashley and appleby fighting it out to be pf but is it really the truth? or has nobody offered the amount needed so we are back to square one

of course it would have all been made easier if Q acted like most admins do and made the club cheaper to buy. are we more expensive than the first month they took over? i am 90% sure that we are

3 hours ago, RipleyRich said:

Thank you.

I`ll try! ..........and believe me I`m scouring legal documents, EFL rules etc to find any chinks of light.

Unfortunately my nature is to look on the Black Side, then any improvement on that is a bonus. It`s just my mental make up.

I will try though, I promise!

Post what you find ,, I’ve certainly got no problem with your posts and you certainly appear to have a good connection with the club and care what happens??‍♂️

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Are the administrators the ones we should really be kicking? I noticed in the statement released by the Binnies that they were more than willing to buy the club for less than what it would cost to avoid a -15 point deduction next season. Are we really sure that's not currently what they're working against, people wanting to buy the club happy to take the -15 point deduction, and they're buying time trying to avoid that situation. 

I mean, what sort of atmosphere would there be around the club towards a new owner if they happily took a -15 point deduction next season to save a few £ against paying creditors.

Without knowing the ins and outs, but reading the tea leaves, there is a narrative that the administrators are trying to avoid further penalties going forward which obviously impacts fans. I would've thought anyone coming in to buy the club would obviously want to avoid that anyway, but seemingly not. 

But, since the 'we're ready to go' Appleby statement in early January, the administrators have had to take out further [unsecured?] loans with Dell at huge interest rates. That will be adding around £8m [more speculation] to the takeover costs that Ashley had stated he would fund if his bid was accepted, and that's after fire sale of players that raised little towards the running costs it appears. Throw in the free use of the ground, I'm not a fan of these administrators and their achievements at all.

However, a simple statement and a breakdown of costs would solve all this speculation. Is it confidential, especially when the press seem to know exactly what is what.

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

Is it just me who is concerned about the language being used? why use 'interested parties' instead of 'bidders'. I might be completely paranoid but that language makes it sound like there is not an actual bid on offer but rather people/groups sniffing around the club. I understand the administration process for us is immensely complex but they really need to get this completed as soon as possible now and I'm not sure why they've binned off the Binnie's unless someone has actually put in a substantially higher bid.

Rooney seems to be sick of it (I don't blame him) and we're going to need a semblance of a squad for our championship/league 1 campaign next season. The players will only have so much loyalty, Curtis Davies said in his first post-match interview against Huddersfield that he only signed on for us this season because it was us but I fear next season loyalty to the club may be stretched to breaking point for a lot of our players out of contract. If we're in a position where we are struggling to sign players and our out contract players leave then we won't have a squad. It feels as if the club is slowly being murdered and lots of people are simply saying 'be patient'. 

My fear is that we've wasted valuable time that we as fans could've used to at least explore the possibility of a fan owned Phoenix club, should it be necessary.

5 minutes ago, Rev said:

I fear that we've wasted valuable time that we as fans could've used to at least explore the possibility of a fan-owned Phoenix club, should it be necessary.

My big fear is not liquidation. Instead, if this process does drag on into next season, we'll likely be playing in league one without a first-team squad and shall be left unable to recruit until January, when we have to follow a business plan. I understand the need to stay calm, but the clock is ticking for us in this scenario, which would be disastrous for the club. 

42 minutes ago, RammingStone66 said:

Yeah it feels like all the "bidders" are quite happy for us to take the hit. We are just a business......

But making the club less attractive to Rooney and the players is not going to enhance the value of the club. A 15 point penalty could be very expensive for the biyee

2 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Where's the full Administrators' statement. I can only find this reference to it:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-takeover-rams-administration-6786415

Nothing on the DCFC site or the Quantuma site. But from the snippets it seems clear no one is willing to pay what the administrators require for what will almost certainly be a League One club with very few players next season. If that weren't the case we'd already be out of this mess by now and moving on.

The best thing we can do is to win the next five games to give any potential buyers more confidence to come in with bigger bids now :)

1 hour ago, atherstoneram said:

Which is why we moved a couple of years ago. It was getting a bit rough,well more than it was,now live in a decent village.

What about areas on Harthill and Camp Hill.  Now they are posh.  There is of course Polesworth as Well.  

12 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

My big fear is not liquidation. Instead, if this process does drag on into next season, we'll likely be playing in league one without a first-team squad and shall be left unable to recruit until January, when we have to follow a business plan. I understand the need to stay calm, but the clock is ticking for us in this scenario, which would be disastrous for the club. 

Why is that worse than liquidation?

Liquidation means no club. Only the possibility of a Phoenix club playing below the National League (despite one post a while back saying that we could play in League 2).

16 minutes ago, Rev said:

My fear is that we've wasted valuable time that we as fans could've used to at least explore the possibility of a fan owned Phoenix club, should it be necessary.

That is the sensible route.  However, I'm not sure you will need it anyway.  Coventry City fans started a phoenix club.  Coventry United.  They started about the 8th or 9th tier and have progressed through the leagues.  Their biggest win 24-0. 

But if the Rams were liquidated they would probably be in the top of the non-league clubs purely due to the fan base. They may even be re-elected to the league 2 status due to this.  

The journey for the Coventry United owners has now taken a different route but I guess they will always be renamed.  Again, I think they would probably drop no more that down to the first tier of non-league.

Just now, IslandExile said:

Why is that worse than liquidation?

Liquidation means no club. Only the possibility of a Phoenix club playing below the National League (despite one post a while back saying that we could play in League 2).

Sorry, I should have worded it better. I don't think liquidation is a likely possibility, but I think the scenario I posted is more than possible, so I am more concerned about that. Liquidation would be the absolute worst case. 

1 hour ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I’m starting to fear the worst now. I thought it was the Middlesbrough problem to start but it’s quite clear no one is prepared to cover the debts left. Rooney is giving the message about being worried. Not heard that before. I’m not sure where this will end up. I suspect Binnies were the only proper bid. Any others are discussing figures to get to a bid. I think we will go under too much debt to cover.

Lots of attempts by Boro fans to say "see it wasn't us", well it absolutely was because nobody was prepared to go forward on any terms while that hung over the club. That is not to say that very serious and possibly terminal issues remain but it was abundantly clear that any deal was dead in the water until that first major hurdle was cleared.

Moving on we now we have a different set of issues and a hurdle that may be either a deal-breaker or at the very least hugely damaging in footballing terms with a 15 point penalty for a season that may well be down in League 1. Could we overcome that ? Possibly, but only if we can get some sort of normal trading restored. Our playing assets are threadbare which is understandable but if this hits the summer then we are down to a situation where the first few fans that turn up on a Saturday can grab a shirt. There is so much debt and so little asset that reaching the summer without resolution looks terminal.

I suspect that potential 'interested parties' will feel that -15 points is going to be hard to avoid and no point offering a bit less and still getting 15 points, hence the lowball offer as the only conformed bid.

I'd love to be proved wrong and hear that we have a named preferred bidder who has made a workable offer that ticks all the boxes for Q and the EFL and doesn't kill next season (whichever league we are in) but I'm increasingly reaching the conclusion that the longer this goes on, the more money is owed and the less asset there is as the few remaining player contracts run down. As every month goes buy we are a less and less attractive option.

I think contingency for a full club reboot might have to be seriously considered.