The Administration Thread

Boycie

3 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

When we were in the throws of the pandemic a number of players including Rooney deferred part of their salary to help the club out,did MM reimburse them before he put the club into administration or is that more debt added to the football creditor list.

No. There are no unpaid wages.

9 hours ago, LERam said:

No one has told me to put that on the payslips I generate, I didn't know if you were joking at first but you've said it twice now 

We received an e-mail at work advising us to explain to employees about it. Don't remember it saying to put it on the payslip.

49 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

I don't think i said 100% but they will be looking for more than 25%.

You appeared to me to be suggesting that they wouldn't do a deal now that they have preferential status. I've always believed that they would if the alternative was zilch. Apologies if I've misconstrued your posts on the subject. 

55 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I know you didn't, somebody earlier said it was though! Doubt we'll bother to be honest.

To be fair to the poster they said the Chancellor had ordered HMRC to advise all employers to do this, or something along them lines. 

10 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

I can't see them accepting 25% and i think certain people in government are watching developments closely as they won't want to be seen raising NI then letting the club pay only a % of the amount owed as politicians and the general public will start asking questions.

The above paragraph is what made me think you were suggesting they wouldn't do a deal. We're possibly about to find out what their position is at any rate. Allot of the more belligerent oppo fans are counting on HMRC not accepting a % of the tax owed. I'd prefer it if a new owner did pay off all the club's debts, but I know that isn't going to happen and HMRC know that too. 

53 minutes ago, Crewton said:

You appeared to me to be suggesting that they wouldn't do a deal now that they have preferential status. I've always believed that they would if the alternative was zilch. Apologies if I've misconstrued your posts on the subject. 

Hoskin was pretty categorical, telling Chris Coles that HMRC recognised the club is a ‘community asset’ and that he was confident that they would be pragmatic 

31 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

There is an EFL meeting today.. always a good source of fake news and conjecture.. and that is just from the EFL itself. . 

Maybe a PB announcement this evening then? (if the EFL don't find some sort of objection again) - last time we had everything lined up it was presentted to the EFL meeting and Q intended to announce soon afterwards......