The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

OK, so I'm confused. I assume that 2 bidders precludes Ashley ? Or has one of the others dropped out and Ashley still considered in ?

I thought Appleby and the Binnies, probably with Gadsby waiting in the bushes as he's gone very quiet.  It could equally be Krusty the Clown and Sideshow Bob.  I got rather lost by December.

What really gets my goat and is the reason I have posted relatively little on this thread is the effing EFL. They have the tools to make this simple, but for their own twisted reasons seem unable to make sensible, equitable judgements / rulings

All the bottlenecks are 100% down to the EFL failing to be the voice of leaders. Even without my DCFC hat on they could solve this problem so easily. 

I am vanishing for now, over to the Hull thread. Everything else is speculation until a bid is accepted and the EFL state where they stand and actually arrange something involving decision making. .. Obviously I remain hopeful that Gibson has an outbreak of uncomfortable piles but that’s a side issue. 

1 hour ago, TuffLuff said:

If it wasn’t feasible then why release a statement to the Press Association? It’s just making yourself look silly if it’s not feasible

As I said before to try and salvage his credibility/reputation. Not an hope in hell it will happen. Him and Gibson have been comparing dick sizes for years. It’s just MM still trying to pretend he’s the bigger man 

Just now, PistoldPete said:

So who has gone missing now? Curiouser and curiouser.

Ah that's the $60 million question.

The Binnies were "reportedly" getting a little frustrated too, But like everyone else, Our maths are pretty shyte...coming up with 2+2=5 as we can only guess as some of the statements aren't exactly forthcoming are they?

4 minutes ago, 1967RAMS said:

As I said before to try and salvage his credibility/reputation. Not an hope in hell it will happen. Him and Gibson have been comparing dick sizes for years. It’s just MM still trying to pretend he’s the bigger man 

This is my fear. Maybe Mel knows that Gibson won’t take him on, or possibly can’t take him on (be there some legal reason or it’s just not feasible). To everyone else (at least in Mel’s mind) it will look like Mel is being the bigger man and trying to rescue his reputation in order to be able to visit Derbyshire in the next 30years

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

They didn’t actually say that 

Yes got it know ?

Black & White Together

@dcfcbawt

Black & White Together: There are still 2 bidders, who want to wait for the resolution of the current impasse over the status of the Middlesbrough and Wycombe claims.

17 minutes ago, GenBr said:

So to clarify the only progress we've had today is that Ashley is still interested in buying Derby county

Announcing Bill Murray GIF

16 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

What did we learn from that SSN interview

1. Ashley is still 100% in the race to buy DCFC

2. There's still some nasty journalists out there(shock horror)who have their own agenda

3. Everything else we pretty much knew.

Well some fans might have been convinced before that Ashley was interested in buying us but I wasn't.

Now we have heard from The Man himself, I'm convinced he is wanting to buy us and this is a shove back at Mel (price of stadium) and Admin (their bill)! 

Lets hear some chants at the game tomorrow?

Just now, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

@RoyMac5 must have been on the bog when this news broke about Ashley. 

Cheeky. @AnimalisaRam beat me to posting the tweet and then I watched SSN. Took me a while to recover my equilibrium - Yes Ashley wants us, and we know he has the money, just not sure how much! ?

1 minute ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Ah that's the $60 million question.

The Binnies were "reportedly" getting a little frustrated too, But like everyone else, Our maths are pretty shyte...coming up with 2+2=5 as we can only guess as some of the statements aren't exactly forthcoming are they?

Could it be Alf because Ashley has still not tabled a formal written offer, Q are not counting him as a bidder? I get the feeling that he has made a low verbal offer and that he was the third interested party who was there for a chat at the EFL according to Nixon. His behaviour at the moment is akin to the cat and mouse tactics he plays on the High Street in his pursuit of ailing companies. He flits in and out of negotiations without committing to a formal offer and then at the end if the price is right he comes in with the winning bid. I will not believe he is out of taking over DCFC until the club is sold to another.