The Administration Thread

Boycie

32 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

And so it begins . .. delay, find a get out clause, 

if I’d rather they leave it to Mel and Gibson to resolve in court

Waiting for their instructions from Gibson….he’s busy at old Trafford at the moment….

48 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Is anyone else not a fan of this question and answer format of Statement?

It just irritates me. Especially when the questions are inevitably worded to suit a certain answer.

If you are making a statement, make it a statement. Not the question is like it to be and my answer, but your statement of your position.

Am I a fan of the Q&A style statement?
In truth, most definitely not.  But in the case of MM's latest offering, I have to say it was beautifully laid out.  Rather pleasing on the eye, one could say.

Notwithstanding the above, would I agree in general, to those comments as quoted by @RadioactiveWaste?
I would be most satisfied if I were to never see another open letter/official statement written in the Q&A format, and am therefore happy to concede that I do indeed agree with the commenter's comments.  

49 minutes ago, mozza said:

No sausages?? 

Croissants. butterflied, the backs lightly grilled then turned over. each get a rasher of crispy bacon laid upon them. Then a layer of sauteed mushrooms (fried in butter, Worcestershire sauce, cracked black pepper and nutmeg), and finally the whole thing is smothered with grated Gruyere cheese and given another minute under the grill.

Sausages would roll off.

Well, here is my take on this MM open letter. I believe he was waiting for the transfer deadline to finish to see if MFC/WW would acquiesce and drop the claims (only one at the moment, MFC). However, as we know they didn’t and it ramped up a little with the EFL, MFC and WW starting to feel the pressure to make statements against a tide of increasing questioning from various quarters, MPs, Parliament etc. These statements show they are all a little rattled, errors have crept in, inaccuracies, lies and partial information, information to maintain the ignorance of their supporters. This is what the main DCFC camp had been waiting for. MM has now been able to answer their errors in the public domain, as that is where they now are.

As much as we wanted the administrators to keep us up to date, we also needed them to keep quiet so as not to compromise themselves in the same way the 3 stooges have done in the last 3-4 days. Unfortunately they do need to keep the club going and sadly players sales are needed, this will give time for the club to now start working with the Bidders as they will shortly know Gibsons and the EFL’s true intentions. If they stick together it is a vendetta against the club, with no sound foundations, if they go to court it will cost them a fortune. 

In either event, if MFC lose I think we have a great chance of counter claiming for unnecessary litigation, wasting time, deliberately further harming the reputation of Derby and trying to reduce our ability to perform on the pitch. Perhaps we should call them the cheats as they have used an unfair advantage against us.

End of transmission. 

13 minutes ago, davenportram said:

It stated that the claims would be treated as football creditors

Pretty irrelevant how they are treated.

If they are valid claims we go into liquidation anyway.

The statement clearly said the administrators should go to the courts if they wanted it sorting.

A key point from this is that in the EFL’s own rules it says member clubs cannot pursue claims against other member clubs and only the EFL can do this.  As the EFL have been so adamant that they have to apply the rules for fairness towards all 72 member clubs, why not for this specific rule???

I wonder!!!!!!

52 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Genuine question here, in what way does he seem 'very close to the administrators' and in what way are the administrators 'pandering to Morris's wishes'?

Surely when he called in the administrators that was him done with the club .Pearce was to be his eyes and ears with them .The administrators must know how much he wants for pride park and have all the details .Do the details keep changing ? If so why ? Morris and or the administrators seem to be holding everything up .Morris has come out of the woodwork tonight but could have done so months ago.Ps  I don’t believe Morris to be trustworthy and think he is capable of anything.

4 minutes ago, chipperram said:

Well, here is my take on this MM open letter. I believe he was waiting for the transfer deadline to finish to see if MFC/WW would acquiesce and drop the claims (only one at the moment, MFC). However, as we know they didn’t and it ramped up a little with the EFL, MFC and WW starting to feel the pressure to make statements against a tide of increasing questioning from various quarters, MPs, Parliament etc. These statements show they are all a little rattled, errors have crept in, inaccuracies, lies and partial information, information to maintain the ignorance of their supporters. This is what the main DCFC camp had been waiting for. MM has now been able to answer their errors in the public domain, as that is where they now are.

As much as we wanted the administrators to keep us up to date, we also needed them to keep quiet so as not to compromise themselves in the same way the 3 stooges have done in the last 3-4 days. Unfortunately they do need to keep the club going and sadly players sales are needed, this will give time for the club to now start working with the Bidders as they will shortly know Gibsons and the EFL’s true intentions. If they stick together it is a vendetta against the club, with no sound foundations, if they go to court it will cost them a fortune. 

In either event, if MFC lose I think we have a great chance of counter claiming for unnecessary litigation, wasting time, deliberately further harming the reputation of Derby and trying to reduce our ability to perform on the pitch. Perhaps we should call them the cheats as they have used an unfair advantage against us.

End of transmission. 

And what about Boro collusion with EFL? How is that not "cheating"?

58 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Is anyone else not a fan of this question and answer format of Statement?

It just irritates me. Especially when the questions are inevitably worded to suit a certain answer.

If you are making a statement, make it a statement. Not the question is like it to be and my answer, but your statement of your position.

I think it is a great way to approach this particular issue, it now makes it clear to all who read the statement that he too has particular and realistic grievances against the running of the league. The questions are there to create further questions about their conduct, note he never directly mentioned who sold their debts to sister companies, just implied. People outside will start to ask who he means, relies it is MFC and perhaps start to dig a little further. He is using the questions to rhetoriacally express his statement. Adds a little background.

2 minutes ago, Turnstile said:

Surely when he called in the administrators that was him done with the club .Pearce was to be his eyes and ears with them .The administrators must know how much he wants for pride park and have all the details .Do the details keep changing ? If so why ? Morris and or the administrators seem to be holding everything up .Morris has come out of the woodwork tonight but could have done so months ago.Ps  I don’t believe Morris to be trustworthy and think he is capable of anything.

Not sure you have really answered the question. 

What have you seen or what has been said to indicate that Morris is very close to the administrators?

Which of Morris's wishes are the administrators pandering to?

These are genuine questions as I've seen nothing to back it up but have seen a few people suggesting it.

If you honestly believe that it is Morris and the administrators holding things up I'm not sure that you can be following the case too closely.

3 minutes ago, ram59 said:

In terms of ffp, can M and WW afford to lose an expensive court case against Mel, will the court costs count towards their P & S?

I'm sure the EFL and Gibson between them will find a way around it.

Wonder if any counter claim will be classed as a football debt?