The Administration Thread

Boycie

10 hours ago, StrawHillRam said:

If he's turned down to Everton, he isn't going to immediately change his mind and go to a random other club.

He turned down talks to have a chance of getting the job I believe. Not the same thing as being offered the job. What I mean is the tone of that interview suggested he could just leave the club full stop. 

Proof of funds or not?

"The club has generated quite a bit of money with the nine players going out. Hopefully that can be proof of funds until the end of the season, hopefully that means the embargo gets lifted because there are still free agents out there that I can look at trying to bring in.

"I can ask the question, but we have brought quite a bit of money in in the past month. They will be questions I will be asking.

"There is money for Luke Plange, Dylan Williams, Omari Kellyman come in when I was assured we had the funds to get through the season without them players going out.

"To me it looks like we have got the proof of funds, so will that lift the embargo and allow me to bring some free agents in?

9 hours ago, Yani P said:

and is still apparently meddling..

it’s the lack of balance in your posts 

You’ve got Gibson and Couhig, the first undoubtedly intent on destroying us out of spite, the second willing to put our very existence at risk through extortion. 

Then MM, who did all he could to get us promoted, but failed through arrogance, foolishness and a very healthy dose of bad luck. And right now is leasing the club the stadium for free and has (apparently) agreed in writing to sell it to a buyer on terms that work for the admins 

Is he ‘meddling’? And as per your previous post, do you really think he doesn’t care about the current mess? Really? What evidence do you have of these things ?

53 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

They think Q have enough £££ to see out the season. They suggest that Q will push things towards liquidation to force creditors to accept something rather than nothing.

If they can show that re funds have they yet? If so why isnt embargo lifted so we can at least sign/extend agreements with players etc?

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Proof of funds or not?

"The club has generated quite a bit of money with the nine players going out. Hopefully that can be proof of funds until the end of the season, hopefully that means the embargo gets lifted because there are still free agents out there that I can look at trying to bring in.

"I can ask the question, but we have brought quite a bit of money in in the past month. They will be questions I will be asking.

"There is money for Luke Plange, Dylan Williams, Omari Kellyman come in when I was assured we had the funds to get through the season without them players going out.

"To me it looks like we have got the proof of funds, so will that lift the embargo and allow me to bring some free agents in?

This reads as much as a challenge to the EFL as the administrators. They’re the ones who said a hard embargo was in place due to lack of funds. 

3 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

it’s the lack of balance in your posts 

You’ve got Gibson and Couhig, the first undoubtedly intent on destroying us out of spite, the second willing to put our very existence at risk through extortion. 

Then MM, who did all he could to get us promoted, but failed through arrogance, foolishness and a very healthy dose of bad luck. And right now is leasing the club the stadium for free and has (apparently) agreed in writing to sell it to a buyer on terms that work for the admins 

Is he ‘meddling’? And as per your previous post, do you really think he doesn’t care about the current mess? Really? What evidence do you have of these things ?

I think to an extent Mel Morris is still interested in protecting his position/wealth from further losses relating to DCFC but I don't think he's actively trying to influence the administration process beyond that.

It's more the creation of all our problems then getting board of losing his fortune and running away aspects that are my beef with Mr Morris.

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yep.

And add to that it'd be good to hear from the potential buyers - even if it's 'we're keen type baalocks - for some positivity?

Yes, I forget about them. I can't blame them as why on earth would they want to get embroiled in this mess as it stands today.

They are either in it to make money at some point in the far distant future or for the love of DCFC /the community. I can only see the latter being the way out.

Thinks it’s about time they’ve been called out, 5/6 months no progress at all, they seem to talk the talk in meetings with supporters groups but don’t walk the walk when coming to actually getting stuff done, they seem well out of there depth just like Mel was no wonder he appointed them!

1 minute ago, Topram said:

Thinks it’s about time they’ve been called out, 5/6 months no progress at all, they seem to talk the talk in meetings with supporters groups but don’t walk the walk when coming to actually getting stuff done, they seem well out of there depth just like Mel was no wonder he appointed them!

Ever thought the problem is with the prospective bidders 

Talk a good game but don’t actually come out with firm proper substantial bids. 

11 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think to an extent Mel Morris is still interested in protecting his position/wealth from further losses relating to DCFC but I don't think he's actively trying to influence the administration process beyond that.

It's more the creation of all our problems then getting board of losing his fortune and running away aspects that are my beef with Mr Morris.

Bang on. And the other parties, some of the buyers and Gibson are trying to force him to put his hand in his pocket again and lose more money which at the moment he doesn’t seem prepared to do.

If he did what Fawaz did and paid his debts we wouldnt have a problem, but has he done that the club would’ve easily sold we wouldn’t be in administration with a 12 point deduction and we wouldn’t be selling off the future of our club to survive.

This resembles a bitter divorce. But unlike a divorce we still potentally have to live and play with the other parties

Gibson is the cheating partner who wants to rinse every last penny he can get

EFL are the Judge and the Court (supposed to be neutral and fair)

The fans, Rooney and players are the children (innocent parties, who can't do anything)

Not sure quite what role Mel plays

3 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Bang on. And the other parties, some of the buyers and Gibson are trying to force him to put his hand in his pocket again and lose more money which at the moment he doesn’t seem prepared to do.

If he did what Fawaz did and paid his debts we wouldnt have a problem, but has he done that the club would’ve easily sold we wouldn’t be in administration with a 12 point deduction and we wouldn’t be selling off the future of our club to survive.

What’s it got to do with Gibson .

He should keep his nose out 

The buyers need to stop playing games and be serious with sorting this mess out 

Edited by Curtains
Added

1 minute ago, StrawHillRam said:

Gibson is the cheating partner who wants to rinse every last penny he can get

EFL are the Judge and the Court (supposed to be neutral and fair)

The fans, Rooney and players are the children (innocent parties, who can't do anything)

Not sure quite what role Mel plays

The Grandad who thinks he can look after the kids best!

Edited by RoyMac5

This is all starting to mess with my head a bit now. I just don't get the feeling that this is going to end well and we will just be joining the Bury fans in a chorus of 'This must never happen again'. Unfortunately though it will happen again and it will continue to happen because the structure and finances of football is fecked. Owners will continue to be irresponsible because of the insane imbalance in money between the Premier League and EFL and owners will continue to chance their arm to get a slice of that and be able to walk into the sunset after it has all turned to ratsh*t.

There's a report coming addressing governance... great, when ? Will it make some recommendations or will it actually do something ? The EFL is an incestuous opaque organisation ruled by self interested parties and applying rules that it seems to make up as it goes along. Utterly unfit for purpose and tacitly encourages relationships between clubs that are modelled on Lord of the Flies.

We've said all this before though. We've marched, we've protested, we've raised the public profile of our plight, we've contacted MPs and media outlets and we've taken to social media and we've backed the lads superbly and fans of other clubs who get what it is like to be in our situation have given us welcome support. There's been lots of supportive noises from a lot of quarters but all the people that can actually influence this are seemingly happy to watch us career off a cliff. How is this going to end up with anything other than liquidation ? If that is inevitable then I'd rather just get on with it. This death by a thousand cuts is unbearable. I'm sick of being dictated to by the EFL, I'm sick of seeing our players leave and be unable to sign anyone, I'm sick of having the smirking Broro and Wycombe chairman watching over our death throws and I'm sick of the uncertainty and stress.

There is talk and more talk and heartfelt words but who is going to actually going to fix this ?! Meanwhile our beloved club bleeds to death.

image.thumb.png.5691c884e4d6e7796722b6030f052b01.png

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Ever thought the problem is with the prospective bidders 

Talk a good game but don’t actually come out with firm proper substantial bids. 

Not really, why would they offer way over the value of the club (debts plus uncertain liabilites). They don't have any stake in the club at the moment, and don't have to progress their interest or bids.

it's like selling your house, you can tforce someone to make an offer (particularly if there's an unknown cost for a land dispute with your neighbour). Sort that out (is the land included or not) and we may still be interested, but at a different value.

25 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Proof of funds or not?

We know we had money for the first week of Feb prior to any sales.

£6m was the rough figure given to get us through to the end of the season.
9 homes games - £400k each at c20k gates = £3.6m+                                   [£2.4m shortfall]
£2m raised from selling Plange, Williams and Kellyman                                    [£0.4m shortfall]
Wages saved on Jagielka, Marshall, Shinnie and Baldock of around £400k   [£0.0m shortfall] 

Hopefully that's it now.