The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

The problem is, as of last week, we were refusing to acknowledge that they should be allowed to make these claims.  So it seems pretty unlikely we've done much in the way of preparation to argue the cases.  If we're suddenly doing the full hearing this week, that gives us barely more than a week to hire and brief lawyers, find and brief expert witnesses, prepare all the arguments, source all the documentation we need and so on.  I'd be amazed if that is what we're doing. 

I think the opposite and for Q to get to the conclusion there is no foundation to these claims they will have gone through every law in the land.

5 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I think the opposite and for Q to get to the conclusion there is no foundation to these claims they will have gone through every law in the land.

And presumably told the EFL back in January when Rooney was thinking he'd bring players in.

And the EFL just went "naw" as if that was the end of it.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Do you remember when Michael Dunford left us and went to Everton as chief executive - Everton immediately signed Craig Short because they activated his release clause which was £2.5 million - Everton paid £2.5 million and one pence - which was the same as the Ziege transfer as they basically knew his erase clause only we don’t go around taking legal action against fellow clubs. 

Didn't know that, interesting. Breach of confidentiality claim right there!

59 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I believe the premier league objected to the fair play tax being distributed to other clubs and had it stopped 

That’s what I think too. I think it was a central part of Mel’s argument that the EFL was failing in its duty to get the best deal for their clubs and just get rolled over by Sky and the Prem. 

2 hours ago, Jram said:

Just read an interview with the Bristol City chairmen (from last year) and looks like a few clubs will be facing deductions next season

I wager, no-body gets the treatment we have.......new regulations, new rules to ensure it....

Just now, BriggRam said:

I wager, no-body gets the treatment we have.......new regulations, new rules to ensure it....

Isn't it good that nobody else goes through what we're going through?

If out of all of this, we survive, that's the best thing but if our example can be of benefit elsewhere, all the better.

To me, it feels like the efl want us relegated at all costs. They can't have a club go into administration and avoid relegation.  They deducted points, and then we looked like making a go of it, so they slapped another embargo on us. (I thought we took the 9 points to have the embargo lifted as we could have fought the 9 points but it would have meant not signing anyone while it was being contested)

So, we had to let shinnie and jags go. We still looked like we were winning and so the efl made sure things dragged on past the transfer window.

If we look like avoiding relegation at the end of the season, my money is on further points deducted - even if we have new owners.

Edited by NottmRAM

41 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Isn't it good that nobody else goes through what we're going through?

If out of all of this, we survive, that's the best thing but if our example can be of benefit elsewhere, all the better.

I suppose your right......but there are some clubs fans I would love to have a tenth of what we are going through