The Administration Thread

Boycie

8 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Surely if they win the arbitration claim and we owe Boro money that makes them football creditors

Yep

But it doesn’t matter as we have no money to pay them.

we need to focus on the fairness of the Arbitration, if we owe Boro And WW money at the end of it, it will probably the end of us ??

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

3 hours ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Perhaps the original question would be better asked by Margaret Becket, I doubt that she would be satisfied with such a reply.

We need and deserve to have a full understanding of the process and organisation of the Arbitration. 

We want to ensure that  the EFL conduct the process fairly and we can only do this if we, and the public a a whole, know what’s supposed to happen, before it happens.

I’d seriously consider suing the EFL after any Takeover for bringing the championship into disrepute: inconsistent sanctions, dithering , supporting certain members and not others , constantly amending their own rules on the spot e.g. we couldn’t resign jags but could get plange back on loan. Plus making the competition a joke and destroying all integrity by allowing members to sue one another over ridiculous claims 

7 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Surely if they win the arbitration claim and we owe Boro money that makes them football creditors

You can't be designated creditor status based on the probability of something happening in the future. It's ludicrous and only the EFL could preside over such a shambolic state of affairs. 

6 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

I didn't mention a figure i said if arbitration finds in their favour they then become football creditors.

Why? Theres no precedent for it. A football creditor would normally be down to being owed money through ordinary football matters, transfer fees etc. 

Without the claim being judged on its merits as a viable claim and compensation awarded accordingly, I really cant see how it can even be considered as to whether it then becomes a football creditor situation.

6 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Why? Theres no precedent for it. A football creditor would normally be down to being owed money through ordinary football matters, transfer fees etc. 

Without the claim being judged on its merits as a viable claim and compensation awarded accordingly, I really cant see how it can even be considered as to whether it then becomes a football creditor situation.

This. 

15 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

There's no precedent for it so its not a given and could possibly leave the EFL open to being sued if they come to that conclusion.

#ducktheeflwithkieranleesmember,dry.

It’s only when something happens for the first time that a precedent is made, this could be the first time? 

If we loose and have to pay money then we owe money to the football community and, I think, Boro and WW will then be classed as football creditors, remember football creditors have to be paid in full.

we don’t have the time or money to bring legal actions against anyone.

forget legal action, forget football creditors concentrate on the fairness of the Arbitration process if Boro and WW fail we are well on our way to  a take over and survival, which is we all want

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

Am I right in saying that the rules do not say “Clubs in admin who don’t pay football creditors 100% must be liquidated”?

I was under the impression that the rule was 15 point penalty if you do not. Can someone confirm.

If so this would make liquidation no more probable if parasites win as it just means the other creditors get more of a haircut as buyers won’t pay any more. It merely makes the -15 points a certainty. Possibly with more umbongos etc..

9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

They aren’t creditors full stop, never mind football creditors. 

9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

There's no precedent for it so its not a given and could possibly leave the EFL open to being sued if they come to that conclusion.

#ducktheeflwithkieranleesmember,dry.

I think the precedent for it is that when Boro sued Liverpool over the Ziege transfer, and settled, that was treated as a football debt. But arguably it is different, because that was a transfer claim - they were saying they would have got a higher transfer fee if Liverpool hadn't tapped him up.

16 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Am I right in saying that the rules do not say “Clubs in admin who don’t pay football creditors 100% must be liquidated”?

I was under the impression that the rule was 15 point penalty if you do not. Can someone confirm.

If so this would make liquidation no more probable if parasites win as it just means the other creditors get more of a haircut as buyers won’t pay any more. It merely makes the -15 points a certainty. Possibly with more umbongos etc..

I think the understanding is that if Football creditors are not paid in full you will be expelled from the EFL. 

if other creditors are not paid 25% we may get up to a 15 point penalty. or the other creditors could vote against if they feel they are being messed about by Efl/ Boro/Wycombe and we go into liquidation . 

so Gibson saying he’s not trying to liquidate us is just crocodile tears. 

Just now, AutoWindscreens said:

I think the precedent for it is that when Boro sued Liverpool over the Ziege transfer, and settled, that was treated as a football debt. But arguably it is different, because that was a transfer claim - they were saying they would have got a higher transfer fee if Liverpool hadn't tapped him up.

Agreef, I've mentioned this before, that is tangible and tbf to Boro I think it's right that they should have got the higher transfer that other  clubs had actually bid, not the value of the 'secret' clause in his contract.

The worry is if they use the Tevez example from WHU and Sheff Utd as that is compensation resulting from a 'what might have happened' scenario