The Administration Thread

Boycie

The only thing we as supporters can do is everything we've done since we were placed into administration. Keep supporting. 

We've come closer together as a group of supporters. We've been the 12th man at every home and away game. This Sunday shows what loyal supporters we have by the amount of tickets sold and the march to the ground. 

We're doing our bit and I'm pretty confident the Admins are doing there's too.

That's all we can do and keep doing it going until the end of the season. Yes we'd like to sign players but IF we don't lose anybody major between now and the end of the transfer window, I believe (and so do all staff at DCFC) we can stay up - and that would be an even greater achievement than winning the Premier League. Just imagine the day that happens and the party we'd all have. 

Just stay positive guys and gals and make sure you've got your scarves and flags raised high at Sundays game - we need these 3 points more than anything and that could take us to within 5 point off safety. 

5 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I suspect that behind the scenes, deals keep getting close to being agreed before some aspect of the deal means it all comes crashing down - with many competing interests all out for the best deal for them (which is mostly minimise the huge hit they're going to take on what DCFC owe them).

"Nothing is agreed until everything is agreed"

In that context, the Quantuma silence makes sense. What didn't make sense is the "imminently" etc noises earlier in the process or having Rooney giving press conferences where he thinks he's going to be bringing players in or deciding who goes.

Weren't we told that a PB was to be annonced, Then to the EFLs wisdom said Boro/WW have to be creditors, Where i'd have thought Q said "go duck yourself, The PB WILL NOT go into a deal that could make their Bid double the amount to be paid to what they expected

WR was told a PB was to be announced hence his positive Press Conference and the arrival of ex players.

I have very little to no interest as to the complexities of our situation, Q have the experience of this, The EFL have imo made a right pigs ear to put it mildly of what could have been our exit from Admin...until the 2 parasites dug their heals in at the EFL in Preston.

If Appleby is walking away it makes me think that either the admins or Mel has already got a secretive deal in place with Ashley but he wants certain things happening before he’ll officially commit. 

His name keeps sticking around and Appleby has been in from the off so surely they’d have been chosen by now if the admins thought they were the best option. 

Think this season on the pitch has been fun but how much enjoyment the remaining matches will bring is questionable. Hopefully we can storm league 1 next season and come back fresher than before.

3 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

The only thing we as supporters can do is everything we've done since we were placed into administration. Keep supporting. 

We've come closer together as a group of supporters. We've been the 12th man at every home and away game. This Sunday shows what loyal supporters we have by the amount of tickets sold and the march to the ground. 

That's all we can do and keep doing it going until the end of the season. Yes we'd like to sign players but IF we don't lose anybody major between now and the end of the transfer window, I believe (and so do all staff at DCFC) we can stay up - and that would be an even greater achievement than winning the Premier League. Just imagine the day that happens and the party we'd all have. 

Just stay positive guys and gals and make sure you've got your scarves and flags raised high at Sundays game - we need these 3 points more than anything and that could take us to within 5 point off safety. 

May also help if people stop pretending to be ITK.

4 minutes ago, enachops said:

May also help if people stop pretending to be ITK.

1 minute ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

English Usa GIF by Pooja Entertainment

With blatant hints that it's Appleby backed by American money.

If you're not ITK but just want a guess then use the "While we wait" thread.

Or is it a gamble so that ultimately, if you're right, you can plead "Told you so"?

Will somebody please buy the EFL a dictionary, so they can understand the difference between a 'claimant' and a 'creditor'? The two fantasy figure cases produced by the vexatious claimants cannot possibly lead to them being treated as creditors. Once they are removed from the equation (whether they decide to pursue their ridiculous claims or not) surely the takeover can proceed?! Or is this a rose-tinted, simplistic view of the true position?

Just now, IslandExile said:

Or is it a gamble so that ultimately, if you're right, you can plead "Told you so"?

Just ignore him. He hasn’t got a clue. None of us have. Nixon and Percy have their sources. No one on this forum knows anything regarding this takeover.

I just cannot get my head round "a preferred bidder will be announced imminently" to 5 weeks later needing an extension. The admins are experienced insolvency practitioners. Something changed and we the supporters do not know what, and frankly I think we deserve the truth no matter what it is. I do not trust the EFL one bit and if we were already cut adrift I feel this would be a whole different ball game.

9 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Yes, keep supporting regardless of the performances or results, I agree. However, there is more we can do and have done. I think great credit should be given to not only the MP’s that have taken up our cause but also the supporters that have prompted this by taking the initiative and contacting them. I was very sceptical initially but I really do think it’s had an effect. It’s now a difficult balancing act between keeping the momentum going without p***ing off the MP’s by constantly hassling them.

3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I'm surprised if it's Appleby (+ Rush) that walks.

That and the notion that the Boro and Wycombe claims are not the sticking point, leads me to one suspicion (not conclusive enough for it to be a 'conclusion'): 

The issue is Mel playing oddball about the stadium and/or loan to MSD.

If the sticking point is Mel/MSD/Stadium, the inference is something has been (nod wink) agreed to nominal settlement with Boro/ww - essentially Gibson wants the satisfaction of being able to say he was right and bang on about systemically cheating for years more than he expects money or actually wants DCFC to go under, Couhig knows he's chancing but a settlement gives his claim legitimately, but the numbers are low enough for a bidder to swallow.

3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I think it's abundantly clear who the interested party's are. 

My mums just called me she's been talking to someone at the club, appologies if any of what was said gets lost in the chain. I hope shes taken it the wrong way but from what she says it's bad, expect depatures.

As we cannot offer a contract they are looking at getting rid of anyone out of contract, this goes right down the age chain to good 15-16 year olds. Most of them don't want to go, but there are a few kid who look at Kaide Gordan and think they can play for a top team next year who do want to go. It has caused massive damage to the youth production line with key staff having been forced to leave and us being unable to retain promising kids.

On the bright side he said Bielik looks utterly magnificant in training.

Thanks mum, my mood has gone from meh that a crap update to enraged+1. The EFL have decided the the punishment from the DC, whose job it is to decide punishments, was far too light and have deliberately used their embargo rules to duck us over.