The Administration Thread

Boycie

7 minutes ago, Maharan said:

Depends on whether they see a resolution at the end of the month extension I guess. There may be a need to sell to fund the club for the following months, and the only opportunity to do that is in the next few days. 

Nope you can sell players at any point - you just can’t register them to play somewhere else 

It now seems obvious that the admins are progressing at snail’s pace at best.  Not saying it’s their fault but something has to change and hopefully MP/ Government intervention can bring matters to a speedier conclusion. It also seems obvious that certain posters on here claiming to know what’s happening are just attention seekers. Perhaps they should think about the affect it might be having on vulnerable forum users to constantly have their hopes built up, to come crashing down again. 

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

I agree, but it must be difficult for them. They are constrained by confidentiality and NDA's, and will not want to put in the public domain anything that might be a) commercially sensitive or b) allienate interested parties, including and in particular the EFL. Not really sure what they can say other than what they have, offering additional assurances to all fans that they are fighting the Club's corner whilst being mindful of their legal duties to obtain the best return for the Creditors. Its a minefild for them to pick through, and frankly (not they will say it) the relevance of the fans in the actual process is actually very low. Glad its not my gig. I bet right at the moment they probably wish it wasn't their's also ?

I generally agree with you about the administrators. But even so, the leaking and briefing from the EFL side is muddying the waters, leading to a he-said-she-said narrative in the national media, and making it far harder to get pressure applied in the right place. 

I'd feel much better if some independent party - such as the MPs group - spoke directly to the EFL and Quantuma at the same time to tease out the real problems and a way forward, and to communicate the outcome. 

1 minute ago, 1967RAMS said:

It now seems obvious that the admins are progressing at snail’s pace at best.  Not saying it’s their fault but something has to change and hopefully MP/ Government intervention can bring matters to a speedier conclusion. It also seems obvious that certain posters on here claiming to know what’s happening are just attention seekers. Perhaps they should think about the affect it might be having on vulnerable forum users to constantly have their hopes built up, to come crashing down again. 

Agree, not on really ?

44 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Really you don't think that Mel and his MP were chums? Wasn't there some political event held at PP?

Well it’s possible they know each other, still  makes it very tenuous indeed.

just because the MP’s son is anti EFL doesn’t mean anything. So am I and I’ve never met Mel Morris. So is Margaret Beckett and she  isn’t a Tory, most of our local MPs are anti EFL.

4 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

In the late 60s early 70s the Council started to Re Develop Derby City Centre, The Germans in WW2 couldn't have done a better job when flying over in their Fockers.

Olde Derby was bulldozed down and we were left with what's best desribed as...WTF have you lot done, Derby could have been a little like a York or Chester, Not as good but on a similar vain, The history we had was put on the back burner in the name of progress.

Yes,  they knocked a huge amount down -including a couple of pubs circa 1500's -under a law that if a building had any bomb damage at all it could be knocked down.  I believe round where chapel street car park and the main road is situated by St Helens House, Derby had one of only 3 complete Georgian squares in the UK.  Odd that their looking at protecting the Assembly Rooms as a piece of architecture known as Brutalism.  Quite apt really.  

19 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

After the earlier hint that the stadium may the biggest issue and the belief that Appleby's bid involves Sam Rush and earlier claims there was a reluctance to sell to this group, could this all be connected? ?

The Appleby group has suspected that for the past month but still tabled a bid this week. Now the naming of the PB has still been stalled I think their withdrawal is probably very "imminent." They are serious businessmen with the interest of Derby County at heart. I don't think they would have any interest in taking over any other club in our parlous financial state but they won't waste their time much longer and who can blame them?

I suspect that behind the scenes, deals keep getting close to being agreed before some aspect of the deal means it all comes crashing down - with many competing interests all out for the best deal for them (which is mostly minimise the huge hit they're going to take on what DCFC owe them).

"Nothing is agreed until everything is agreed"

In that context, the Quantuma silence makes sense. What didn't make sense is the "imminently" etc noises earlier in the process or having Rooney giving press conferences where he thinks he's going to be bringing players in or deciding who goes.

I give up. I'll wait for us to sell at least three players for a third of their value over the next 5 days, get relegated by 3 points and see these bidders disappear all because of a chancers claim, an organisation that won't enforce its own rules and an administration team more horrific then any I encountered in years of doing this work.

Hope the EFL enjoy plenty of spurious claims and Mel enjoys his 20 million pound allotment when where gone in a couple of months. 

2 minutes ago, vonwright said:

I generally agree with you about the administrators. But even so, the leaking and briefing from the EFL side is muddying the waters, leading to a he-said-she-said narrative in the national media, and making it far harder to get pressure applied in the right place. 

I'd feel much better if some independent party - such as the MPs group - spoke directly to the EFL and Quantuma at the same time to tease out the real problems and a way forward, and to communicate the outcome. 

Oh I agree. Quantuma are a professional outfit. They will play communications straight down the line, in order to ensure they get the best deal available. Quantuma will not comment on press tittle tattle - nothing to be gained - but will say something if they are being unjustly maligned directly by the EFL (or Morris) - hence their more sharply worded statement a couple of weeks ago. MPs will also be aware of the legal sensitivities, but are more likely to say something after the meeting tomorrow which will more directly address the fans concerns. It might still be too wooly for most to appreciate, unless Pauline Latham or Margaret Beckett go nuclear and decide to use parliamentary privelege in the House, and point fingers. That would be pretty interesting.

7 minutes ago, BriggRam said:

I think your onto something about the EFL wanting us to finish the season......if we didn't the mess it would leave ie points added/deducted would be a nightmare for them to sort out and could even bring "claims" from disgruntled clubs

It’s easy for them to sort it out but disgruntled clubs they are going to have anyway - we have had a weak squad all season with basically no centre forwards but we have performed heroically but since the Jagielka and Shinnie fiasco we have a much weaker starting X1 and squad so our results will be worse if we carry on as a club, now if we sell more it will be even worse teams like Cardiff can only benefit as they would not only be in the relegation spots without us and Reading point deductions they have a huge advantage of having to play us twice with our tiny team of children essentially. 
No doubt the EFL would say Derby have taken points of everyone so it makes little difference which effectively we have. 
hopefully other disgruntled clubs could take a claim against Middlesbrough for being a major cause for our disappearance or lack of competitive decline later in the season and shall we say it cost them promotion or relegation so about £51 million because we know that can now happen.

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Oh I agree. Quantuma are a professional outfit. They will play communications straight down the line, in order to ensure they get the best deal available. Quantuma will not comment on press tittle tattle - nothing to be gained - but will say something if they are being unjustly maligned directly by the EFL (or Morris) - hence their more sharply worded statement a couple of weeks ago. MPs will also be aware of the legal sensitivities, but are more likely to say something after the meeting tomorrow which will more directly address the fans concerns. It might still be too wooly for most to appreciate, unless Pauline Latham or Margaret Beckett go nuclear and decide to use parliamentary privelege in the House, and point fingers. That would be pretty interesting.

Actually Margaret Beckett was more restrained in Parliament than she was on Radio Derby.

Not happy about being told to shut up by the EFL. I mean she was only Leader of the Commons and the Labour Party after all.

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

It’s easy for them to sort it out but disgruntled clubs they are going to have anyway - we have had a weak squad all season with basically no centre forwards but we have performed heroically but since the Jagielka and Shinnie fiasco we have a much weaker starting X1 and squad so our results will be worse if we carry on as a club, now if we sell more it will be even worse teams like Cardiff can only benefit as they would not only be in the relegation spots without us and Reading point deductions they have a huge advantage of having to play us twice with our tiny team of children essentially. 
No doubt the EFL would say Derby have taken points of everyone so it makes little difference which effectively we have. 
hopefully other disgruntled clubs could take a claim against Middlesbrough for being a major cause for our disappearance or lack of competitive decline later in the season and shall we say it cost them promotion or relegation so about £51 million because we know that can now happen.

It's a farce that Boro and WW are able to continue with these claims..........if we get liquidated because of this I will sit and enjoy every claim that goes in by all lord and Sundry and see how they are dealt with........unfortunately as I have said previously, this ?? happening to us, will never be repeated, the EFL will change/alter it's rules, Boro will get away with murder