The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

Can't the preferred bidder just say they will pay any money owed to Boro/Wycombe once a court tells them too? Which will never happen.

Arbitration, If going to court the 2 claiments have to apply legal documents, Arbitration is where the EFL would like it to be settled, But if found in the 2 clubs favour there is no appeal...case lost

34 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

So I sent an email to the supposed Rick Parry, reply seems legit like others have said with the efl advertising on the bottom.

My email - 

Hi Mr Parry,

I am sure you have received plenty of emails from worried/angry/upset Derby fans.

I would like to think as a founding member of the football league the EFL would be doing as much as they can to stop us going into liquidation.

There have been many articles & statements, resulting in a lot of anger, confusion & contradictions.

Can you confirm the following -

1. Has the club been given a deadine of 1st Feb to prove funds? And will be removed from the league if not provided?

2. Have Middlesbrough & Wycombe both officially made claims against us or are they still only threats that they will? Do you know the value of the claims?

3. Can a preferred bidder be named & we exit administration with the Middlesbrough & Wycombe claims still ongoing? Providing the new owner is happy to take these claims on.

Any clarity for us Derby fans would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

The below is my response - 

Screenshot_20220115-215152_Email.jpg

Well that's positive, hope it's genuine. It wouldn't surprise me the amount of rubbish coming from the media (local papers don't help as well, thought they actually supported Derby). I wonder if that the fact we have Rooney as our manager is causing all these rumours, don't get me wrong I am more than happy with Rooney but it makes you think would the papers and media in general be spilling so much bile if say Liam Rosenior was the manager?

Rooney = Clicks

Scaremongering =  Clicks

Rooney + Scaremongering = ££££££££££££

6 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Arbitration, If going to court the 2 claiments have to apply legal documents, Arbitration is where the EFL would like it to be settled, But if found in the 2 clubs favour there is no appeal...case lost

But surely if there was some shady arbitration decision that told us to pay millions of pounds out, we could refuse and take it to a higher legal level? Or are we signed up to rules to see we have to accept any arbitration decision. Perhaps this itself is shady ground legally?

We weren't a position to challenge EFL in courts on FFP as we had no money and they were screwing us over meaning we had to agree. But things would hopefully be different if we had some new backing.

Just now, ariotofmyown said:

But surely if there was some shady arbitration decision that told us to pay millions of pounds out, we could refuse and take it to a higher legal level? Or are we signed up to rules to see we have to accept any arbitration decision. Perhaps this itself is shady ground legally?

We weren't a position to challenge EFL in courts on FFP as we had no money and they were screwing us over meaning we had to agree. But things would hopefully be different if we had some new backing.

My understanding is, Both parties agree to abitration and also agree to the outcome, There is no right of appeal.

6 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Yes they can but its if they're willing to take that risk 

They can get legal advice which would surely laugh Boro off. Or we could sue the EFL for telling us our accounting methods were ok.

Wycombe one perhaps a bit more likely, if they could show we acted inappropriately/lied not to get a points deduction last season. Not saying we did, just that one is a bit more obvuious to show losses unlike Boro's flight of fancy.

2 minutes ago, JfR said:

I've sent him an email telling him that I'm a Nigerian prince, and I wish to forward him £100m that he is owed, but I first need £10m to get my money out of the country. Once that's sent over, that ought to cover Derby's costs until the end of the season.

Think he might fall for it, you know.

You missed out the bit about being in hospital.

Rookie error.

42 minutes ago, Philmycock said:

You'll appreciate there is a limit to what I can say on specifics at the moment but the truth will come out sooner rather than later.

Inevitably it won’t please everyone but so be it.

Great... Sounds like something to look forward to ?

34 minutes ago, Hanny said:

Heavy sigh. Has this account been compromised? It seems to currently only comment with half-truths pretending to be 100%true. 

I don’t want to get into a pissing match. But, mate, everyone of your statements are made with some level of knowing, yet it’s using incorrect information. The biggest grievance I have with your comments: 

You keep stating the EFL are simply asking for the claims to be paid in full. Well, they can’t demand that. Boro are NOT creditor’s, and therefore do not fall under that statute I’ve seen you post. 

Furthermore, it is outside of the EFLs purview to appoint creditors without legal cause. This point is crucial, as Boro and wycombe have zero legal cause to claim monies from Derby.

It’s as if you were sat at the closing table ready to sign for the new keys to your house, and some bloke comes in the room and says, wait, you owe me 100 thousand pounds. The room all ask the guy if he has any proof…he says well no, but give me the money. That interaction  is exactly what Boro are doing here. And that type of interaction is not going to stop you from closing on your house. 

Therefore, EFL are outside of their remit. Which is what the Administrators pointed out in their last statement. 

I really hope you are just performing some expert level trolling here. But please dial it back a bit for the mental health of some of our supporters here:) 

Hanny

Briefly, so we can enjoy the glow of today’s victory. 
I’ve spent a lifetime working on restructurings and a few years recently teaching about them at a top institution. That’s not to say everything I post on here will be right.
But for what it’s worth, my take is that this will all get sorted, as much as anything  because for us to be liquidated or to lose the share is an irrational result. And my (more amateur) footballing view is that IF Rooney can keep what is left of his squad together, there is a decent chance we will stay up. 
I really do apologise if I have pi$$ed you off and even more if I have increased the anxiety all of this throws up. In my case that anxiety (and anger) has resulted in me posting more than I should have done.

This is a proper apology, not like Boris’

3 minutes ago, JfR said:

I've sent him an email telling him that I'm a Nigerian prince, and I wish to forward him £100m that he is owed, but I first need £10m to get my money out of the country. Once that's sent over, that ought to cover Derby's costs until the end of the season.

Think he might fall for it, you know.

I hope no one signs that email address up to loads of dodgy sites. That would be bad.

3 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

My understanding is, Both parties agree to abitration and also agree to the outcome, There is no right of appeal.

You are probably right. We could surely say we agree though, then take legal action if the arbitration says we owe more than a few sticker packs from the season Boro would(!) have been in the Prem.

20 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Just saying I think you may have intrepreted "compromised" differntly to me. I don't mean paying 25p in the pound , I mean making an assesment of a claim of uncertain value (just becasue £45 million is what Boro are claiming you cant give them that weight as there is no way that i seven the full value) and you have to put some value in when giving the weights to the CVA votes. That's how I see it but I could be wrong. Anyway, goodnight the Rams are doing it on the pitch but the next two weeks are critical off it. We can't lose too many more players, especially the best ones. . 

I understood you. There are different sorts of ‘contingent’ claims. If some jerk sends you a bogus writ, it takes a brave law firm to advise an insolvency officer that it can be ‘evaluated’ if not settled, struck out or adjudicated

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I emailed rickparry@swingers.com purely by mistake, I'm meeting him and his wife on Markeaton park, Looking for a yellow VW

1 hour ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Yeah what time you gettinghere, it's quite cold and I'm shrivelling up.

Durhhh. It’s a swingers meet not a dogging site.