The Administration Thread

Boycie

7 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

If their position is misrepresented, is the EFl not entitled to defend itself ?  Why is it ‘childish’ if they do? Sorry, any restructuring expert who reads the admins’ latest release can see it is misleading and disingenuous. Q are seeking expensively to avoid blame for the sorry situation we are in 

To be honest Kevin I find the EFL consistently amateurish, and yes a little childish  in its communications. Like the EFL  statement yesterday was like "we've told you once shan't tell you again...  so there!".

So what was "misleading and disingenuous" about the Admin team statement (which I thought was infinitely more professional than the EFL one)? You seem to be ploughing a lone furrow here. 

The clear issue here is that they (he) claim the statement from the administrators helps nobody but the fans have the right to know what is happening but the EFL do not seem to want to do anything except give their sneaky briefs to certain reporters and, now, a few token emails to fans.

It would be good to know that if it is not the spurious claims from Middlesbrough and Wycombe holding things up, exactly what is it? Bids clearly exist, the administrators claim to be satisfied that these can credibly be presented to the creditors, so there must be some other issue. 

2 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

This is my concern too. Benitez is going. 

I wouldnt even blame him for going at this point. I wouldnt be angry, just sad. Rooney never needed us, the fact he's stuck it out for as long as he has, and seems happy to continue to do so (unless an offer he cant refuse drops in his lap) is frankly amazing. 

He is clearly not the petulant idiot a lot of people seem to think he is. Whatever happens he's given us hope, it might prove to be futile in the end, but he is doing everything he can and I love him for it.

21 minutes ago, LauraH said:

My reply from Mr Parry

Dear Laura

It is unfortunate that so much misleading briefing is going on. It is helping no-one.

We have no agenda against Derby County and there is no vendetta.

We want the club to survive.

We do know how important it is to supporters but it is also important to the EFL.

We do have to apply our insolvency policy consistently for obvious reasons but no other club has failed to come out of administration.

Regards

Rick Parry

"We do have to apply our insolvency policy consistently for obvious reasons but no other club has failed to come out of administration".

Well Bury have not come out of administration have they? How did that go Mr Parry? Oh before your time I guess? That old one.

8 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Fair enough mate, if that's how you feel, but I'll not be giving up just yet. To my mind the prime reason we are doing so well is that the lads keep stepping it up. Every single challenge and set-back is met with an even fiercer resolve. Whatever you think, they don't think they're beat.

There are better squads than us, there are better starting 11's, but there's not a team in the entire EFL who can match our unity, determination and dogged will to win. We won't win every game of course and losing further players will provide an even stiffer challenge, but any team that plays us will know they've been in a game. United were running on fumes inside the last 20.

I'm with these lads all the way, as this will be a season that I'll remember forever. Throughout all the time I've followed this club, I don't think I've ever been so proud of the team and coaches. One through eleven and the subs as well, literally giving their all.

I can't be giving up on that mate.

You misunderstand me. I'm not giving up on them either.

I firmly believe that if we could keep the band together, we would pull off the miracle.

All I'm saying is that I think the player sale will accelerate over the next couple of weeks.

We can only lose so many players....?

8 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

"We do have to apply our insolvency policy consistently for obvious reasons but no other club has failed to come out of administration".

Well Bury have not come out of administration have they? How did that go Mr Parry? Oh before your time I guess? That old one.

None of the clubs currently in the league have failed to come out of administration. Can you say “survivorship bias”…

9 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

You misunderstand me. I'm not giving up on them either.

I firmly believe that if we could keep the band together, we would pull off the miracle.

All I'm saying is that I think the player sale will accelerate over the next couple of weeks.

We can only lose so many players....?

Ok, well that's me confused...

47 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

It's clear though, from Rooney and Lawrence's interviews, that it's over now.

48 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Relegation is now certain.

Anyway, I'm off out for a bevvy or two.

COYR