The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, alexxxxx said:

The admins clearly disagree with this view though. This can't be the first time a disputed claim has been made against a company in administration, in fact I imagine its pretty common. 

What's the solution to this if the efl doesn't budge? We'd either have to settle with boro and Wycombe which a new owner would have to pay or any potential new owner is willing to exit admin without the efls blessing and challenge it. 

The solution? Well Gibson might back off once our he’s smashed our transfer window. The other possibility is for the admins to structure an exit around these claims.   I think that’s the thing they say will take ‘several weeks’. In our dreams Ashley agrees to be PB, rolls up his sleeves and lands his chopper on gibson’s lawn 

Personally cant see anyway out of this at all . Boro and Wyc want there claims settling , the EFL  have taken there side with a boro board member on board . It doesnt seem we can do anything about that or get local media INCLUDING RADIO Derby to shout about this absolute conflict of interest  or any radio station like talksport . It seems the EFL are the new jimmy saville untouchable right now but their time will come, but poss to late for us . 

The only way is for admins to go to court over how the efl is operating this takes time so the investers drop out and again gibbo wins . 

This is brewing into a powder keg of extreme anger and when it does the EFL have only themselvesto blame . 

I do personally think Ashley being the man he is and how he is portrayed is looking a bit naff not now riding in on a guaranteed winning bet taking us over because he obviously wants those claims out of the way first . A man like him can have Gibsons lawyers looking stupid in court and poss come out of it making gibbo pay for court costs . Im surprised he isnt picking up the gauntlet its a guaranteed way of getting the fans to sing his praises and love him forever . In one swoop Ashley could change footy fans opinion of him over night and make the newcastle lot look like the over righteous fans who think they deserve the prem title every year for who they really are . 

Edited by NottsRammy

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Morris' comments about having the EFL on strings now coming back to haunt him or more importantly since he's been hiding up in his bunker jeopardise the entire existence of the club.

Did he ever actually say anything about having them on strings? I don't remember that. 

8 hours ago, Crewton said:

I'm bumping this because not everyone may have seen it. 

Have you spread this anywhere else on social media Alf? Surely a national newspaper journalist or two would find it interesting? 

No, I asked the person who sent it me could I put it on a message board, Yes was the reply, I have no problem with anyone else who would like to forward it on...ANYWHERE!

32 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Is this the governing body that in the last 2 years that has:-

(a) tried to overrule one of the worlds biggest commercial property valuers over their INDEPENDENT valuation of our stadium?

(b) tried to overrule a firm of INDEPENDENT auditors over their application of accounting/auditing standards when auditing our accounts?

(c) overruled an INDEPENDENT disciplinary commission who has ruled on our case?

(d) trying to override the advice of the insolvency practitioners handling our administration?

Lets be clear here, the EFL are not the reason why we ended up where we are, that falls at the feet of MM and SP.

However, do any of the above give you the impression that they are acting in the interests of us as one of their members?

Had they taken any note of a, b or c above, so just one out of 3 independent professionals we would most likely not be where we are now.

Even if they chose to ignore all 3 they could have quite easily hit us with a punishment of some sort and moved on.

But now it is blatantly obvious that they want more. Relegation or liquidation, I'm not sure which they crave and all because our once owner had the audacity to highlight what a poor job they are doing for their members.

Their current actions are literally putting the existence of our club in jeopardy and somehow you still seem to want to absolve them of any blame, its utterly bizarre.

That's  a very good summary G Star of where EFL cannot respect the independence of other parties.

What makes it worse is that EFL is not itself independent. It represents the vested interests of other clubs. That's been shown yet again in the past week. Other clubs complaining that Derby have turned down bids from Millwall for Sibley. Other clubs ganging up and stopping us renewing  Jagielka's contract , who ends up going to Stoke instead. All agreed by an EFL Board with Boro and Forest members. Surely it must be blindingly obvious the glaring conflicts of interest here and the time is long overdue for an independent regulator, and for EFL to be abolished.   

13 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Did he ever actually say anything about having them on strings? I don't remember that. 

He's obviously got so far up the noses of the EFL then this is payback time.

You can say what you want about the expectations of a governing body but you'd also be extremely naive to think that in whatever sphere of work or business if you've successfully pissed enough of your colleagues off then they'd be rushing to help you when you find yourself in trouble, trouble that you've engineered yourself.

Edited by Tyler Durden

9 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

No, I asked the person who sent it me could I put it on a message board, Yes was the reply, I have no problem with anyone else who would like to forward it on...ANYWHERE!

Thanks Alf. If I decide to do anything, I'll focus only on what's been reported to you, and not give any clues that might identify the source. 

7 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

As I belatedly read through the last couple of pages I think it might be you who is floundering. I’m here to help buddy.

B2ADCBC0-E5BC-497D-9C17-B7953D95249C.png

Once again I need your help I-ram. I’m breaking the record for angry faces

But is what I am saying wrong, or not what people want to hear? I think Wayne Rooney might agree with me about Q. They have pulled his pants down in the playground and all the girls are laughing 

And do you still cling to your much vaunted view that our current travails owe nothing to the Gibson claims ? 

44 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I note that Kieran Maguire is very quiet on this which is unlike him when it comes to Derby

Perhaps he will comment on the legality of the EFL’s position when he has finished chuckling away at Couhig saying all Derby fans were complicit in Mel Morris’ overspending

I'd rather he shut up and stay well away from our club!

We are literally in this position because HE insisted the EFL investigate our amortisation policy.  The EFL refused, so KM insisted again that they look into it, which they then did.

KM was not only the catalyst for our sharp decline, he is living off it. Every media outlet and podcast literally Jodrell bank over this man..he isn't our friend, he is the grim reaper wearing assasins clothing.

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

20 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Morris' comments about having the EFL on strings now coming back to haunt him or more importantly since he's been hiding up in his bunker jeopardise the entire existence of the club.

Look, I know you're enjoying this, but you might at least fact-check your own posts. AFAICR he never said this. 

18 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

The solution? Well Gibson might back off once our he’s smashed our transfer window. The other possibility is for the admins to structure an exit around these claims.   I think that’s the thing they say will take ‘several weeks’. In our dreams Ashley agrees to be PB, rolls up his sleeves and lands his chopper on gibson’s lawn 

I would imagine that is exactly what Admin went in with. Said to the EFL the new owner will sort this when we've exited administration. 

What way can be structured around the claims that denies their 'football creditor' legitimacy, yet gives them legitimacy? Why couldn't the EFL set up an 'emergency LAP'? 

51 minutes ago, niram said:

So it is becoming accepted that the EFL's stance is dodgy (Extreme in nixon's words), ive even seen legal professionals chime in, now is that fact gonna be put in the journo's write ups or is it gonna be 'Wayne rooneys Derby handed another blow' all the way until non existence? 

It doesn't say much for the standards of our journalists does it?

I think there was some pushback a few months back when EFL were trying to relegate Derby last year. The alternative fixtures fiasco  did bring some critical comments about the EFL from some journos, including I think Nixon. 

But mostly the media are being fed a line by the EFL, which they swallow   every time. Like this week, Rooney was saying he was confident  a new owner would be named this week, media were saying their "sources" thought this unlikely. Who are these sources, if not EFL? So  EFL are briefing against us before they have even had meetings to decide on these things. 

So we had all the media storm in the build up to the EFL meeting ,usual suspects, Daily Mail, Nixon, Athletic , Percy of the Telegraph all getting their info from "sources"  but after the meeting , after  two contradictory statements from EFL and Derby going out, which seems to me the real news story, nothing in the national media at all. 

I did not believe in a witch hunt against us by the EFL at first.

However, this seems very suspicious that we now have a good chance to avoid relegation, we may have been very close to appointing preferred bidders and we were only just into January. Being so early in January with new owners we could get reinforcements and with Rooney’s contacts (players like Diallo in the Championship) all of a sudden us surviving became very real. Then all of a sudden the EFL slap this demand on us. Plus other clubs are annoyed we are rejecting pitiful bids.

I now think the EFL have a real dislike of Derby and want us to suffer. Whilst I do not think they will see us liquidated I do think they will have us as close to death as possible before they ‘help us’.

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'd rather he shut up and stay well away from our club!

We are literally in this position because HE insisted the EFL investigate our amortisation policy.  The EFL refused, so KM insisted again that they look into it, which they then did.

KM was not only the catalyst for our sharp decline, he is living off it. Every media outlet and podcast literally Jodrell bank over this man..he isn't our friend, he is the grim reaper wearing assasins clothing.

That is (sort of) the point I am making!

He is only too happy to chime up when Derby are alleged to have done wrong, but suspiciously quiet when the EFL are seemingly blackmailing DCFC into liquidation.

I suspect when we’re gone, him and his mate on the podcast will be saying how sad it all is, without any self awareness whatsoever.

12 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

He's obviously got so far up the noses of the EFL then this is payback time.

You can say what you want about the expectations of a governing body but you'd also be extremely naive to think that in whatever sphere of work or business if you've successfully pissed enough of your colleagues off then they'd be rushing to help you when you find yourself in trouble, trouble that you've engineered yourself.

No, you didnt answer the question, did MM ever make a comment about having the EFL on strings? Its a genuine question that I don't know the answer to.