The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Even if we did, the basic flaw is time and money, let alone we would be laughed out of court.

That’s been the Boro/Wycombe trump card a long time, the E.F.L are complicit in putting Boro/Wycombe baseless case that would also be laughed out of court, ahead of our survival interests because they won’t let us survive to have our day in court

OR we roll over and do a deal with both clubs, somehow with the backing of a bidder. Unsure how that’s supposed to work before you exit administration though, without a complete asset strip.

Boro would never waste their money going to court. Lets hope that Admin pointing out that what the EFL are doing is against the law makes them think again.

7 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Just email talksport and i suggest all fans now act and bring this to a head with national newspapers . 

news@talksport.co.uk 

I have mentioned how do we have a middleboro man on the panel judging us via the EFL AND WHY ARE WE BEING PUNISHED AND NOT the EFL who should have punished Derby in the correct year . 

Just mailed this to talksport.

Talk sport team

What are your views on Boro and Wycombe suing Derby for loss of revenue and the efl's stance in blocking a deal until this is resolved?

What do you think to the president that Boro and Wycombe's stance sets for future seasons and if you think suing Derby is justified should Derby sue villa and QPR who breached FFP in the seasons they beat Derby in the play off final, thus levelling the playing field?

19 minutes ago, Ramtastic ones said:

Or we sue villa and QPR 

Disagree, if we sue anyone, should be the EFL. 

They are preventing a sale despite what their statement says.

As a result we have lost Jagielka, unable to strengthen the team to fight relegation.

They have rewritten their rules, appealed independent tribunals, lied to fans, potentially costing jobs, denying creditors their money and all to effectively destroy the club, which they are currently succeeding with.

Let's not stoop to the levels of Boro and Wycombe by bringing Villa and QPR into this. 

As a senior exec said at an EFL meeting in 2019.

“Taking potshots at clubs’ accounts when on-field results go badly, if encouraged, will lead to a free-for-all which will bring the league into disrepute.

“We all realised after discussion that we need to leave non-sporting matters to the EFL. It is right to let the authorities do their job and not have interference from people with ulterior motives.”

Source: https://talksport.com/football/efl/533026/middlesbrough-owner-steve-gibson-fails-bid-independent-review-championship-clubs-finances/

The league is now in disrepute, the simple and undeniable fact is, the EFL are responsible for that and certain positions should now be considered untenable. 

20 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

So what the EFL are doing is against the law and their own rules?

Why can't we do anything about it?

I'm so confused with all of this.

What the EFL are doing is within their own rules. Their rules state something along the lines that where two member Clubs are in dispute the arbitration and decision of award falls within the jurisdiction of a LAP.

I am no Lawyer, but there must be very strong legal argument that statute (Law of the Land) top trumps EFL rules, and no doubt Quantuma will be taking legal counsel to see if they can injunct the EFL who are (probably) preventing legal process under the Insolvency Act 1986. I would think a Court of Law would agree that it is not possible for the EFL to stymie a defined and documented statutory process because of league rules. Especially with £60m of confirmed creditors waiting for some payment because a curly haired w@nkstain in Middlesboro has a bit of a beef with our former owner.

The problem I think for Quantuma is costs; we haven’t got a pot to piss in. What we need now are a few wealthy supporters to gift ringfenced monies to DCFC to fight a legal action. It isn’t probably going to help us this transfer window, and we can probably discount being in the Championship next season, but injuncting the EFL to desist invoking petty rules should mean that the process of sale can continue, the Club survives, and existing creditors can recover some of the monies owed to them. Additionally, which will be a significant bonus, the process might see the EFL, and current Football Regulation generally, swept away and put in the hands of an independent regulator fit to oversee our once beautiful game.

6 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Just emailed talksport and i suggest all fans now act and bring this to a head with national newspapers . 

news@talksport.co.uk 

I have mentioned how do we have a middleboro man on the panel judging us via the EFL AND WHY ARE WE BEING PUNISHED AND NOT the EFL who should have punished Derby in the correct year . 

This… I think the hour is later than we think. We need to flood social media, MP’s, anyone with influence to highlight this corruption. If everyone does this, we will raise the profile. 

6 minutes ago, Stephen Wardle said:

I have just emailed sky sports news and bbc sport to ask them to investigate the efl and their "processes" with regards to DCFC. 

Please do this as well, we need action now

I telephoned EFL office. spoke to a nice lady at reception. She told me what she said was "the line" she had been told to give to angry Derby fans. She said I was politer than many of the other calls she had had, poor lady. Anyway I left my number for Mr Parry to ring me back. Looks like I might have to wait til Monday now.  

4 minutes ago, Norman said:

The 12th of Feb is, in my opinion, going to be messy. 

The concourses are likely to be smashed up and I'm guessing there won't be many seats left in the away end either. 

There's going to be a lot of anger coming out that day. 

I have a feeling - once the jan window closes, we will see a potential shift in the current stand off. It still would not surprise me if boros position is to just ensure we cannot do anything to help ourselves stay up. They may also want it settled before feb 12 to dilute some of the anger… like you say I think it’s going to be a bit messy. I’m certainly not advocating for it but can’t see anything but that. 

7 minutes ago, Ramtastic ones said:

Just mailed this to talksport.

Talk sport team

What are your views on Boro and Wycombe suing Derby for loss of revenue and the efl's stance in blocking a deal until this is resolved?

What do you think to the president that Boro and Wycombe's stance sets for future seasons and if you think suing Derby is justified should Derby sue villa and QPR who breached FFP in the seasons they beat Derby in the play off final, thus levelling the playing field?

I’m going to borrow this if you don’t mind! 

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I telephoned EFL office. spoke to a nice lady at reception. She told me what she said was "the line" she had been told to give to angry Derby fans. She said I was politer than many of the other calls she had had, poor lady. Anyway I left my number for Mr Parry to ring me back. Looks like I might have to wait til Monday now.  

That poor lady. It must be a miserable job for her right now fielding calls off raging Derby fans. - it's NOT the poor sod answering the phones at reception who caused or can do anything about any of this, probaly for minimum wage on not a lot over that.

Edited by RadioactiveWaste

6 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

What the EFL are doing is within their own rules. Their rules state something along the lines that where two member Clubs are in dispute the arbitration and decision of award falls within the jurisdiction of a LAP.

I am no Lawyer, but there must be very strong legal argument that statute (Law of the Land) top trumps EFL rules, and no doubt Quantuma will be taking legal counsel to see if they can injunct the EFL who are (probably) preventing legal process under the Insolvency Act 1986. I would think a Court of Law would agree that it is not possible for the EFL to stymie a defined and documented statutory process because of league rules. Especially with £60m of confirmed creditors waiting for some payment because a curly haired w@nkstain in Middlesboro has a bit of a beef with our former owner.

The problem I think for Quantuma is costs; we haven’t got a pot to piss in. What we need now are a few wealthy supporters to gift ringfenced monies to DCFC to fight a legal action. It isn’t probably going to help us this transfer window, and we can probably discount being in the Championship next season, but injuncting the EFL to desist invoking petty rules should mean that the process of sale can continue, the Club survives, and existing creditors can recover some of the monies owed to them. Additionally, which will be a significant bonus, the process might see the EFL, and current Football Regulation generally, swept away and put in the hands of an independent regulator fit to oversee our once beautiful game.

I-Ram I agree with you. Almost a first.   

9 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Even if we did, the basic flaw is time and money, let alone we would be laughed out of court.

That’s been the Boro/Wycombe trump card a long time, the E.F.L are complicit in putting Boro/Wycombe baseless case that would also be laughed out of court, ahead of our survival interests because they won’t let us survive to have our day in court

OR we roll over and do a deal with both clubs, somehow with the backing of a bidder. Unsure how that’s supposed to work before you exit administration though, without a complete asset strip.

Suing them won't be done in time I agree, but it will have the potential to create turmoil - if we sue too, others will follow - and that the EFL know that they will have to deal with that turmoil. So the EFL either put a stop to all of the litigation in the interests of the game, or accept that the outcome of  historical seasons will be revisited and the outcome of future seasons in doubt until all accounts can be verified for FFP compliance.

46 minutes ago, KBB said:

I'm past words now.

I will simply say the same thing again.

This will never, ever be forgotten.

Football as we (used to) know it is finished. It is morally & ethically bankrupt. If we had any sense we’d all up sticks and go do something else instead. Just easier said than done when it’s in your blood!!!!

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

That poor lady. It must be a miserable job for her right now fielding calls off raging Derby fans. - it's NOT the poor sod answering the phones at reception who caused or can do anything about any of this, probaly for minimum wage on not a lot over that.

Exactly. I said this to her.  Its absolutely her bosses fault.

9 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

But Boro already tried to be added as an affected party to the previous arbitration and it was thrown out. So why would they be able to pursue arbitration now (is it not the same case)? And if it is a different case, then why aren’t they proceeding with the arbitration so it can be resolved? Or filing papers in court?

Basically, we’re being held up because a procedure isn’t complete, but the affected parties are the only ones who can influence the timescale and they benefit from it being in limbo. 

As I said before, currently there is no official action been taken by them, only threats, so I don’t understand what there is to be officially resolved. 

14 minutes ago, Norman said:

The 12th of Feb is, in my opinion, going to be messy. 

The concourses are likely to be smashed up and I'm guessing there won't be many seats left in the away end either. 

There's going to be a lot of anger coming out that day. 

But they only add a claim for damages to their claim againsr us