The Administration Thread

Boycie

3 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

This imminent claim is in absolute ruins. ?

Perhaps we should now move on from talking about the use of the word “imminent”. That’s yesterday’s news and the administrators have said they used it because they thought they would be able to announce the preferred bidder. (By the way, surely it was a prediction rather than a claim?).

Let’s focus on the new one “possibly this week” and be prepared to challenge that if it doesn’t happen before the weekend although, sensibly, they have used some more cautious language this time.

7 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Maybe but I, rather optimistically, view it as “one step at a time”. The next step is naming a preferred bidder and over coming any obstacles delaying that. Then we can move onto actually finalising the takeover and addressing any issues to complete that stage.

Indeed. Perhaps a preferred bidder will want to pay Boro £51m?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Indeed. Perhaps a preferred bidder will want to pay Boro £51m?

I’m thinking more likely the preferred bidder is prepared to:

1) call their bluff and if necessary see them in court

2) Offer a much lower amount for them to go away

3) wave goodbye to the non refundable deposit and walk away if it can’t be resolved (hopefully the least likely outcome).

13 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Tbh if it was a case we don’t leave admin cleanly and it saves the club and we get 15 points on this season I’d just take it and confine in league 1. I’d rather that than no club at all. We’ve already had 21 I know it would relegate us but we have a task on either way 

It is probable that any 15 point penalty would be aligned to next season, not this, as (if we are to be relegated without it being applied this season, as is most likely - but in no means guaranteed) it would be deemed to be an ineffective punishment otherwise.

That would mean starting next season in League 1 with -15 points.

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

I’m thinking more likely the preferred bidder is prepared to:

1) call their bluff and if necessary see them in court

2) Offer a much lower amount for them to go away

3) wave goodbye to the non refundable deposit and walk away if it can’t be resolved (hopefully the least likely outcome).

Yes, yes. I was just having a little joke. I'm happy at the 'no news' news this morning as I was starting to worry that those pair of scumbags at Boro and Wycombe (plus the EFL) were going to tip us over the financial edge! ?

5 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

It is probable that any 15 point penalty would be aligned to next season, not this, as (if we are to be relegated without it being applied this season, as is most likely - but in no means guaranteed) it would be deemed to be an ineffective punishment otherwise.

That would mean starting next season in League 1 with -15 points.

Good grief! This is the punishment that keeps giving and giving!!!

I know nothing, however did Mel not put into print for Gibson you lead and we follow refering to the transfer of funds from his haulage business to middlesborough football club to avoid ffp, indicating possible a form of cheating, for which Gibson implied Derby were doing.

No clue what a court case would cost, would imagine it would be peanuts for Mel, could Mel not call Gibsons bluff for after the 35 million loss would Gibson wish to go to court, surley over the ground and other accusations Mel must have something, and after all whats happened to the club would love to see Mel shut Gibson up for good, and doing the right thing for the club and fans.

My Carlsburgh moment.

I think it’s clear that the delays are Ashley’s last minute bid, without that I’m sure they would have announced Applebys group as the preferred bidder by now.

Ashleys come in at the 11th hour and thrown a massive spanner (in a good way) in the works. 

Pretty sure the admins weren't wagering on him kicking the door of its hinges a week or so ago. 

46 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Very disappointing obviously for @i-ram to learn that Lucifer from Littleover is not the cause of the problem  ?

Nice bit of deflection Kevin. Who owns the ground? Who still therefore has some influence on how this plays out?

52 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

True, but we're still none the wiser as to what exactly is the reason the preferred bidder announcement is being delayed. We've been told an announcement is imminent now since before Christmas and each an update comes out we aren't usually told what the hold up is. This time it's, "various reasons."

Surely the hold up is obvious - that Appleby's group were set to be named the preferred bidder, until Ashley came in at the last minute.

1 hour ago, alexxxxx said:

It upsets me that boro and or Wycombe are going to get money out of this. The agreement will be that Derby/new owner will pay em £5m quid to shut up to allow the takeover to complete with meritless claims. 

It's very much the same as us 'agreeing' the ffp points deduction, where no claim actually gets examined because Derby have no time due to the admin. 

Also, I thought the stadium had reverted to MSD??

Referring to your last question it mentions owner of stadium = MSD owner of club = Mel Morris so that’s what I think it means with them all being on board 

Snippet from the phone-in last night because no one else seemingly picks up on these bits!

Radio Derby say they keep asking question but the administrators aren’t talking to media at this moment (and I’m not really sure as to why they would atm), so any news about the club is either being leaked or from ‘the other side’ and therefore there’s an agenda behind it. 

Much like the statement this morning, it’s a case if staying calm and hope steady movement is being made.

FWIW I thought Nixon and Percy have been a little out of order these last few days with their postings and articles. They are both good journalists but Nixon’s cryptic answers and Percy’s last couple of articles that only portray one side have not been helpful or with the best journalistic integrity imo.

Edited by TuffLuff

15 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I think the admin team have made it clear that Morris owns the ground. They have also made it pretty clear that they are in alignment with Morris. The current problems lie elsewhere. 

No I made it absolutely clear who owned the ground, and that MSD had no immediate control of it, despite the constant bombardment from you and Kevin to the contrary with your thoughts on fixed charges, equity of redemption, etc. 

I have never said that Morris might not be in alignment with the Administrators or MSD or any preferred buyer. I have repeatedly stated he has some element of control in the complicated brew. I have also said that if he wants £20m (as was reported) as his price for alignment, everyone on here should be agreeing he is a proper duck job as he was so called by Kirchner.

There are problems elsewhere with the deal? Thanks for telling me, I really had no idea.

Edited by i-Ram

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

No I made it absolutely clear who owned the ground, and that MSD had no immediate control of it, despite the constant bombardment from you and Kevin to the contrary with your thoughts on fixed charges, equity of redemption, etc. 

I have never said that Morris might not be in alignment with the Administrators or MSD or any preferred buyer. I have repeatedly stated he has some element of control in the complicated brew.

Where have you stated this? I can't find it anywhere ?‍♂️