Ashes 2021-22

Stagtime

15 hours ago, Yani P said:

We are just poor...I mean the Aussies aren't great but a combo of no prep cricket, a mentally fragile batting lineup..and a very very poor captain this is the outcome that most would have predicted..

Have never understood the Root captaincy.. almost felt like he was the only batter who will definitely play...so give it to him.  Zilch personality, zero aggression or leadership and shocking tactics. Unfortunately who else is there!

2 hours ago, Yani P said:

Worrying even the coach says he would pick the same 2 teams again if he had the time back..thats another reason why we have been so poor

Silverwood is a joke, looks and sounds more like a butcher's apprentice than the head honcho of an international sports team.

On 20/12/2021 at 09:51, JoetheRam said:

Summed up Buttler and England's series didn't it that dismissal. 

Anderson caught to end the match.

Last day fight aside, that was a pasting.

don't get me wrong, I love Jos Buttler. But it takes 5 dropped catches for him to dig in like that. For an Aussie, wearing the baggy green  is all the motivation you need 

Edited by kevinhectoring

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

don't get me wrong, I love Jos Buttler. But it takes 5 dropped catches for him to dig in like that. For an Aussie, wearing the baggy green  is all the motivation you need 

I love Buttler also, just not in the Test side. I'd have Foakes in there all day long, simply because he's the best Wicket Keeper.

Feel like it's going to be a few years of upheaval after this series.

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say we need at least one opener, a couple of middle order batsmen, an attacking spinner, and a replacement for 2 of our best ever seam bowlers.

On 21/12/2021 at 16:37, Chester40 said:

Have never understood the Root captaincy.. almost felt like he was the only batter who will definitely play...so give it to him.  Zilch personality, zero aggression or leadership and shocking tactics. Unfortunately who else is there!

Stokes will surely do it next 

10 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Stokes will surely do it next 

Danger there is that he dons his superhero cape and tries to do it all himself.

His short-pitched tactics in the last test weren’t well thought out. He’s too emotional to be captain. 

I think we need a newcomer as captain. Someone like Tom Abell at Somerset who has proved himself a worthy leader and very useful batsman.

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Are we all out in Melbourne yet? 

Saved?

Posted at 22:5522:55

Post update

Jonathan Agnew

BBC cricket correspondent on BBC Test Match Special

It is still raining. It did stop for a while but the players have gone back in again. It is just annoying drizzle. I don't think it is doing too much damage.

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Saved?

Posted at 22:5522:55

Post update

Jonathan Agnew

BBC cricket correspondent on BBC Test Match Special

It is still raining. It did stop for a while but the players have gone back in again. It is just annoying drizzle. I don't think it is doing too much damage.

Found a use for the bendy rain dance at last..... ?