Ashes 2021-22

Stagtime

We all have our opinions and I respect all of them, many of you having far more knowledge about cricket than me…… So for my ten pence worth I’d say please please please get rid of Root as captain. Utterly clueless, whatever the opposite of dynamic is he’s it. Wonderful batsman (don’t for gods  sake pick him for one dayers though). 
Covid had basically screwed this whole tour, the demands on a touring team are astronomical  and for that reason I’d cut them some slack but since Root never chased the New Zealand generous declaration  I have lost all faith in him as a leader. 
Not sure I will recover my love of cricket after this though, the one day side I’d love to take on the test match bunch ( obviously some players cross so never possible) but they are dynamic and have all the attributes to entertain. Ok I’ve had enough… Joe resign as captain please 

Sadly looks like Root will cling on by his fingernails as long as he can..he wants to keep the job..sorry, who cares, you are useless at it. Same with Silverwood, abject failure at the role he is paid handsomely for.

I do agree there needs to be a fundamental shift - scrap the county championship and replace with less teams in a Sheffield Shield type format. 

If the counties continue (assume they will as they hold all the power) then just for limited over or as feeder clubs in longer format games.

Trouble is the old boy network reigns Supreme.