Ashes 2021-22

Stagtime

I'm not the biggest cricket fan so my knowledge of the game isn't great but even I can see over this year in most test's England's top order batsmen aren't good enough. Once Root and Mawlan went no one made a decent score. To me the most disappointing thing is Australia aren't a great team either but once again it will be a whitewash to the Aussies. 

2 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

it was quoted that root and malan were exhausted after their innings yesterday.

what was the excuse for the ones that were sat on their arris' waiting then ?

What? Twatting a ball, when they could, then running 20 odd yards cus they couldn’t make a boundary?

Didums, I’ve seen lads with massive beer bellies moan less when playing down Ambergate.

6 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

it was quoted that root and malan were exhausted after their innings yesterday.

what was the excuse for the ones that were sat on their arris' waiting then ?

To be fair the weather has been brutal the last 3 days. Brisbane’s heat and especially humidity at its best. It’s such an advantage to play the first test here as much as you can try to acclimatise nothing prepares you for Brisbane’s humidity November to January. We had 150mm of rain Thursday night and then 32 deg Friday!

Root very poor captaincy again..he was on the defensive after about half an hour..he doesn't have a Plan A let alone a B or C. Why rest Wood? If we lose here it's all over anyway..poor selection again..and abject fielding which seems to be a factor time after time..we need to win the first session strongly otherwise it's all over..