Ashes 2021-22

Stagtime

Will be listening in at midnight tonight. BT have the TV rights here and not sure what their coverage will be like so sticking with Aggers et. al.

If England win a test I'll be surprised but with the weather hopefully producing a few green pitches and at least one day/nighter it might be closer than I think.

Will be interesting to see if Hobart gets the cancelled Perth test or if they go for an MCG day nighter. Either are more favourable to England than Perth though.

4-0 Australia I think. 3-1 if Root or Stokes get Cook 10/11 type runs.

Don't know if I'm more annoyed about England's batting or BT's coverage. It is absolutely shocking, don't bother buying the rights if you're not going to send commentators. They'd be better doing a deal with BBC and using their commentary than having the Aussies. First and last time I'll be staying up and feeling this knackered at work

To be honest in sport, I really dislike when pundits say things along the lines of ‘playing your game and not the occasion’ and I think that’s what happened last night and why it went so wrong. It’s all hindsight but plumping to bat against Hazlewood, Cummins and Starc, in the opening test of the ashes and at The Gabba was leading lambs to slaughter. The conditions weren’t strong enough either way. Last night should have been about dampening the crowd down at the very least when they very opposite happened. We showed them too much respect and they capitalised.

I’m not someone who would particularly hang on Broad and Anderson, as I think you need to introduce those coming through and give them a chance, but this test needs your big characters. We lack that side of the game, especially with Stokes not 100%,  and somewhat forget about it whilst overthinking the tactical side. 

Also the BT coverage is a bit poor, feels very slapdash when it shouldn’t be. Only people who suffer are those who can’t now have Sky’s far better and more in depth coverage and paying more for it!

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It's not looking good really is it.

On the plus side...there's...err...

Test matches can change very quickly and the morning session tonight will shape the three days after. One potential good thing is that Australia didn’t get out to bat earlier whilst their tails were up. A good start early on might….might keep us in the game.

16 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Test matches can change very quickly and the morning session tonight will shape the three days after. One potential good thing is that Australia didn’t get out to bat earlier whilst their tails were up. A good start early on might….might keep us in the game.

I'm loving the optimist but it's not called the Gabbotoir for nothing.