Ashes 2021-22

Stagtime

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

Thar she blows.

The fat lady is giving it waltzing Matilda, a nice pint of bitter is to be replaced by fosters and it's going to be the usual "we're going to have a review and not change anything" guff from the ECB.

Nobody drinks Fosters over here mate.

4 hours ago, Yani P said:

Imagine losing by an innings when the opposition only score 267...lolol

I genuinely find it funny now. Interviews are embarrassing. Root suggesting they can win last two tests…… What has he been on? 
Utter shambles from top to bottom…… or should that be bottom to bottom as I see no top in this lot. 
Covid issues in Australia I’m sure have made it tough but once cleared to play to do this…. And the highest paid (for cricket) players in the world. And a back room staff you could fill a stadium with. I hope the press go to town on em. 

2 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

And there you have it. The race to the bottom is complete ?‍♀️

Silverwood needs to make these clowns watch endless replays of us beating the Baggies so that this shitshow collective start to grasp what it means to fight.

Silverwood needs to quit, and Root with him (as captain only of course).  Why on Earth was Crawley recalled?

25 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Silverwood needs to quit, and Root with him (as captain only of course).  Why on Earth was Crawley recalled?

Silverwood bet everything on this series. In the summer he thought tests against the best 2 teams in the world was good preparation for the Ashes. He should have been fired for disrespecting India and New Zealand. But got away with it because he kicked the can down the road to the Ashes. This is the end of the road.

3 hours ago, I am Ram said:

I can't catch, bowl or bat, sign me up. England cricketers are stealing a living.

Don't be ridiculous. You have to demonstrate a masterey of skills to get a central contract, skills like being good at T20 and shilling for golden wonder crisps.

24 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Silverwood bet everything on this series. In the summer he thought tests against the best 2 teams in the world was good preparation for the Ashes. He should have been fired for disrespecting India and New Zealand. But got away with it because he kicked the can down the road to the Ashes. This is the end of the road.

Did Silverwood choose the schedule? Is it not the ECB also to blame? I think part of it maybe trying to cram in more games  this year due to COVID wrecking last summer. But really an absolute storm of poo.

On 25/12/2021 at 21:48, Van der MoodHoover said:

Are we all out in Melbourne yet? 

We are now..... ?

We look as poor and disunited as the aussies did when we pummelled them here in 2010. 

I don't know how we have managed to turn ourselves into such a crock. 

In the last 15 years or so we have literally dismally failed to replace about 20-30 or so genuine test players. The euphoria of 2005 and building a golden generation seems like pre-history.... 

I'd have struggled to plan a covert sabotage job that was more successful.....