Ashes 2021-22

Stagtime

England

• Mess with the four day county game to fanny about with the 100.
  • Never play adequate warm up games to get accustomed to the conditions.
  • Never encourage centrally contracted players to spend any time playing red ball cricket.
  • Get dominated in test cricket and pretend we have no idea why we suck so hard.

I know this is sacrilege, but I hope we do get turned over 5-0. Our attitude towards test cricket is disgusting and we're being deservedly punished for it.

Fact that BT have paid for this probably has Sky giggling. Radio this morning while I was readying for work and was relieved to switch it off when I got to work….. that’s how poor it is just now. Our top order is frightening, sadly for the wrong reasons. Still have Jason Roy there, at least he has intent when he’s  out for not many. 

8 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

And can I add that I never want to see Rory Burns play for England again. He walks around like he owns the place, failing with the bat and fumbling in the field. He is, as Fawlty would say, a waste of space.

image.jpeg.082e736fcb89c16cffc4d8d040ca31ae.jpeg

Yet he is somehow our second highest run scorer this year if I recall correctly. That's not an endorsement of him, just shows us how bad it has been.

17 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Yet he is somehow our second highest run scorer this year if I recall correctly. That's not an endorsement of him, just shows us how bad it has been.

Yes but he rarely gets runs under the type of pressure you find yourself under in an Ashes series.

His technique has been found out and he’s a bit old in the tooth to change it.

Trouble is, we don’t have an obvious replacement in the squad. Bairstow, Crawley and Lawrence are all stroke makers who lack the required defence and patience.

Hameed is a good player but needs rogering with a very large vegetable for the shot he played. 

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

We are poor 

Do England actually practice at all .

Follow on likely unless Woakes and Stokes can get a few 

Poor, I think you are being mighty kind….. I’m working but every time I check it’s more wickets. Stokes is applying himself clearly but we won’t get near their score…. And I mean with two innings 

All England had to do was bat with Stokes.

Batting on a great pitch against a team without their two best bowlers and with an old ball, they have still failed.

They have to make changes even though we don’t have great options. These players need to know that they face consequences for not doing their job.