Liam Thompson

Day

Definitely got a bit about him. Like a lot of technically gifted players, he always finds space when he's on the ball to get his pass off. Just sort of ghosts away a yard or two from would be tacklers. Clever feet, I call it.

Suspect the lad has a very good future ahead of him of he keeps his feet on the ground and avoids injuries. Another from an academy set up that is proving to be wondrously productive and may yet be the salvation of this club.

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Dixon will be next to break through. Very tidy player.

Yeah he’s got a better engine than Shinnie 

Can someone confirm whether Curtis was taking the Michael yesterday when he said Thompson was “5ft2/5ft3”? I can’t believe he’s that small

5 minutes ago, Jram said:

Can someone confirm whether Curtis was taking the Michael yesterday when he said Thompson was “5ft2/5ft3”? I can’t believe he’s that small

Yep. He looks like he should be taking penalties into a five-a-side goal at half-time which is why teams underestimate him ?

59 minutes ago, Jram said:

At the west Brom game very early on he stood next to a West Brom player and the West Brom player was literally looking down at Thompson a long way down and the expression on his face was priceless - a bit like what do I do with this infant ?

Remember Knight looking similar when he first got in the team. Raw, full of energy and never shying away. Comparing Knight today to how Thompson is currently playing, you can see just how far Knight has developed. The prospect of Thompson’s game improving by the same levels is very exciting.