Come January where would you strengthen and who would you go for?

Woodley Ram

Teamtalk rumours we are interested in Jack Clarke. Jack Clarke's Tottenham Hotspur career hasn't gone as planned after a promising start at Leeds United.

The winger, now 20, has had unsuccessful loan spells at QPR and Stoke City since 2020 and could be set for another Championship move in January.

The Sun newspaper carried a story about Derby being interested in Phil Jones.

Jones hasn't appeared in a league game for Man United since 2019-20 and it's clear he has no future at Old Trafford, paving the way for a January exit.

Im not sure why Jones would be interested with the club in it's current position.

Jones wouldn't replace Buchanan, who is rumoured to be a signing of interest to Celtic.

10 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Why pick on me! Obviously that is number 1 priority - I sort of assumed the thread was assuming that had happened by then and perhaps the original poster was bored by the other round in circles threads

Sorry, I wasn't picking on you.

I was just thinking aloud as I was reading the posts and blurted it out. I'm still in a panic about the situation and my nerves will be on edge until we have an owner in place, the EFL sorted, and we can start to look forward again.

Sorry.

6 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Sorry, I wasn't picking on you.

I was just thinking aloud as I was reading the posts and blurted it out. I'm still in a panic about the situation and my nerves will be on edge until we have an owner in place, the EFL sorted, and we can start to look forward again.

Sorry.

No worries - I agree its totally nerve-wracking and feels fragile until a new owner actually signs those papers. Fingers crossed

If the EFL are intent on destroying the competitive football aspect of our season with multiple point deductions and transfer restrictions then if we could I wouldn’t bother to bring in any players at all as it’s just a waste of time and money. so what about integrity of the league as it doesn’t exist anyway.

Now if we were generally wanting to bring someone in who we can keep and might improve us for next season then that’s fine.

we probably shouldn’t be keeping Baldock and Jagielka passed December if we are doomed whilst we obviously will need to sell the out of contract players who we can’t extend contracts for. We should even look to pay up people like Richards as well.
I know that leaves absolutely nothing but that has been the sole aim of the EFL 

On 13/11/2021 at 09:33, Woodley Ram said:

It looks like we will have a new owner by January.

I think we need to invest in a couple of big young centre backs, a big tackler for midfield, a couple of big speedy lads up front and a speed merchant. all aimed at L1

We just cant help ourselves can we 

spending got us in this mess didnt it 

With tv, gate receipts and corporate monies about to be slashed for us as we enter league , we will probably have to cut our cloth first further before spending 

I've said before, best we should hope for is not having to sell the youngsters, extend the contracts of key players, get half a decent season out of Bielik before selling him in the summer and get in 3 or 4 decent loans to flesh out the squad a bit and avoid burning out the old fellas.