Come January where would you strengthen and who would you go for?

Woodley Ram

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

We just cant help ourselves can we 

spending got us in this mess didnt it 

With tv, gate receipts and corporate monies about to be slashed for us as we enter league , we will probably have to cut our cloth first further before spending 

soo, don't bother about getting the team ready for L1? You don't have to spend big money. there is a difference between spending as part of a sustainable business plan and not chucking money at a dream.

I never said about spending millions or spending above our means but we need to strengthen 

I'd like to see us work on keeping the likes of Buchanan and others around longer. If we have some targets in mind, great, but probably should focus on getting the core of players who we want around next year tied in on longer deals. 

I wouldn't be upset if we don't bring anyone in come January, far more important not to lose players. It's not even a given that we will have a new owner so that's a very real possibility. 

On 15/11/2021 at 12:06, Woodley Ram said:

soo, don't bother about getting the team ready for L1? You don't have to spend big money. there is a difference between spending as part of a sustainable business plan and not chucking money at a dream.

I never said about spending millions or spending above our means but we need to strengthen 

Hm ... so that's an interesting view ... now I'm taking my advice from someone who knows what they are selling, that will be Plymouth the top team in League one and this is what their manager says about how to win promotion from league one ...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/building-promotion-winning-plymouth-argyle-5292764.amp

4 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Hm ... so that's an interesting view ... now I'm taking my advice from someone who knows what they are selling, that will be Plymouth the top team in League one and this is what their manager says about how to win promotion from league one ...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/building-promotion-winning-plymouth-argyle-5292764.amp

But that interview is with Guy Branston, who oversaw recruitment for two teams who lost their EFL status on his watch. 

Only one quote in there from the actual manager, Ryan Lowe, who just says recruitment has started.

I can't see any point in signing anyone in the upcoming window unless they fit a very slim demographic, those players that are very good League 1 players, that won't cost much, and are willing to come in and tread water for 6 months while we go down.  No point loaning in youngsters as any from decent teams, and who show promise won't play for us in League 1.  I'd rather we spend any budget we do have in extending the contracts of players we'd like to have around next season.  Although I can only see the likes of Davis & Jagleka sticking round...

3 hours ago, Oldben said:

Plymouth use MRKT Insights for their recruitment/data analytics.

One of the co-founders of MRKT, Ram, follows Derby and is incredibly knowledgeable when it comes to recruitment/data, no coincidence Plymouth are where they are, especially with a great manager too.  

Looking forward to bringing Centre Back Cashin in to the first team squad - it’s a tragedy that his progress has been stalled. 
Definitely need a new keeper - Roos needs to move on - Allsop will do for squad cover. Marshall will be gone too. 
Byrne - sorry , I don’t rate him - his first job is to defend and he just doesn’t. We have young blood behind him that need to be given to chance to develop in the first team. 
Jozwiak - hopefully we can sell him - clearly is a talented lad, but just didn’t fit the English game . 
M my Lawrence - I’ll drive him myself to any destination that will have him, even anywhere in Europe if they are daft enough to offer him a contract. For me he’s an embarrassment to wear a Derby shirt. 
I’d like to think we can keep Belik, but he may wish to leave and his wages v potential injury is a big issue. 
Need to try and keep Shinnie, Bird, Sibley if we can. 
Knight will go for hopefully big money - £5m+ hopefully. 
Think we’ll sell Buchannan too for £2-3m.

id keep CKR, as I think he’ll be great in Div 1 for 1-2 seasons. 

Whether Stretton is up for Div 1 is up for debate, but we definitely need 2 more Strikers. 
Baldock isn’t good enough at any level imo. 

I suppose it all depends on players Agents and new owners willingness to under write and debt levels/payments as required by Administrators to come out if Administration and purchase the club. 

I think we definitely need to keep Rooney, as I genuinely think he wants to stay at the club and build it back to where it should be. Also I think it suits him geographically, in relation to travelling from his home and his family life. 

im quite looking forward to Div 1 - it was an absolute blast back in the 80’s !! ??

25 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Plymouth use MRKT Insights for their recruitment/data analytics.

One of the co-founders of MRKT, Ram, follows Derby and is incredibly knowledgeable when it comes to recruitment/data, no coincidence Plymouth are where they are, especially with a great manager too.  

It's my opinion that plymouths approach to recruitment is the right one given where they are in the League.

I don't agree with saying bargain basement works.

I see us losing a number of players between now and when we most likely join league one.

We will need a talented team to get promoted in one season.

Assuming quality Championship players will not sign for us in the club's current position, once a transfer window opens again.

We will have to pay above the market rate to get the best players in league one to play for us, to buy out contracts.

To convince players to sign for us instead of going to Championship clubs.

In my opinion we need to sign a 20 goals a season striker.

I've said before that in paying millions for Derby and paying off derbys debts, the new owners will not consider a weak team for league one. 

Expectation is to promote in one season.

If in the 2023/24 season we are back in the Championship I will be happy and if Leeds could be in the Championship then, I will be happy.

In any case its a statement to be able to say we were relegated and bounced back in one season.

Due to the 21 points deduction and with relegation looking more likely. Before talk of players coming in, the first thing that needs to be ascertained is which of our current players, for whatever reason, won't be here next season.  We also need players to be honest and say if they are still prepared to put a shift in for the remainder of the season. If not, then they along with those that won't be here come the end of the season, need to be moved on in January if possible. It will save on the wage bill and open up spaces in the squad for some of our youngsters and any players we can get in now, so bedding them in ready for next season.