Poll: choice of owner as of 5 Nov

IslandExile

Poll: your choice of owner as things stand at 5 Nov  

152 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

58 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I would add an option “anyone, I don’t care as long as my club does not become extinct” 

I think that but I also want our club back not the potential for years more off-field aggro, ego, carnage and garbage. I naively hoped for low key, competent vanilla owners who mean we can just talk about football matters again. Is that really too much to hope for in our position with the sort of people owning a club seems to attract?

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

I think that but I also want our club back not the potential for years more off-field aggro, ego, carnage and garbage. I naively hoped for low key, competent vanilla owners who mean we can just talk about football matters again. Is that really too much to hope for in our position with the sort of people owning a club seems to attract?

Totally agree and hope we get that, but I’d take anyone if it meant we don’t go out of business. 

Bump!  ?

Well, it was clear how the majority were feeling, way back when this poll was set. 

I wonder if we all feel differently now, given the latest developments (i.e. most of us have slept, and had breakfast, and some of us have brushed our hair!).

Can we have a new poll, maybe with today's date, to see how our opinions have changed?

Edited by Mucker1884
Added the eyes... That's "Eyes", not "Aye's", eh?

I was talking to my friend, who supports another club, he said they had former owners who did things like buy top deluxe Range Rovers for the top brass, rent luxury apartments in London, all charged to the football club. Just some examples of how individuals might use club funds for their own means.

Someone recently posted on here about how they first consider why any potential new owner would want to buy Derby County in the first place?

This seems a very sensible position to start from. 

I voted for Chris Kirchner. I might be completely, naively, wrong. Reading his letter though, he seems to have the right kind of ego. He wants to be liked by the fans, hopefully that would always remain the case. It seemed like he wants the club to be successful, potentially winning trophies, for the glory and achievement, not simply to cash in and make a quick buck in a couple of years. 

I’m wondering who the four voters are that voted for Morris to come back. I dare say he’s basically a nice man, kind to animals and good to his family but I can’t help thinking he’s vexed the EFL and Gibson so badly any return would be hugely detrimental to the club, they want to put him in his place and wouldn’t let go until they’ve succeeded.

Maybe they four people were just having a laugh mind. ?‍♂️

Anyway, I voted Kirchner. I read a link from a newspaper regarding the Easdale brothers and it painted an impressive picture of astute business acumen and I initially thought aye, they’ll do for me...then I read another one an hour or so later and thought oh-oh, probably not.

For the record, I’d be disappointed to see Moxey or Rush having any involvement in the club but that’s just me. 

Personally, I'd prefer an Arsenal-style form of ownership, shares, and for many to be involved. each take a portion of the debt and also add towards a war chest. Presently only 60,000 shares have been issued by Arsenal. So, I'd go for Kirchner, Dell, Easdale, Ashby, Appleby and Rooney, and as we become successful, those that invested sell up and an ultimate owner evolves if and when we become a force again. If Morris wanted to convert Pride Park into shares I would not argue against that. Maybe a supporters' group could buy some too.