Need an owner and quick, a total reset and build for League One

IslandExile

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I don't think the management team has given up yet. Clubs have turned it around from worse points positions.

I think they will keep trying to scrap for points until they "know" we are going down.  However that comes - more points deductions, Bielik not returning after all, no new owner in sight, another six weeks without a win. 

Then you'll see what you want. Rooney himself has already talked about it. The EFL will probably fine us for it, though.

In the meantime, I think the club has a moral duty to keep trying to get out of the bottom places.

Surely it's stating the obvious that the management team haven't given up yet? Current form is poor and we're in a precarious position but, it's only November and we're not (yet) cut completely adrift from safety.

Also, the club have a financial, as well as moral, duty to try and stay up.

There may come a time when the chances of staying up are so remote (we're not yet in a position of requiring snookers) that the management team may have an eye on seriously preparing for league one football next season but, whilst ever there is some hope of staying up, I would fully expect everyone of keeping going.

OK, I agree, give it until Chrimbo and review where we are then.

Owners, points deductions and Bielik's return should be a lot clearer by then.

But I don't want us being several points adrift and splashing the cash in a forlorn attempt to stay up or even just to get as many points as possible. Or continuing to play a central defence of Davies and Jagielka - how does that benefit us in seasons to come?

Anyone remember the "worst team ever" and how we splashed the cash? That didn't work out so well.

If we look 'gone' by January, then let's start giving more experience to the likes of Ebosele, Williams, Cashin, Stretton and Watson.

Out current form is that of a 50-points team; which is not usually relegation form. It's the points penalties that have us placed bottom and these are not, as yet, written in stone so why give up?

A change of ownership, the addition of a few players, the lifting of uncertainty would all point to a better second half of the season to the first. Whether its enough to compensate for any points penalties that may get applied/confirmed we'll have to see - but no need to resign ourselves to relegation.

And as for a 'reset' - that's exactly what exiting Administration offers.

Edited by StarterForTen
points, not pints!

53 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Surely it's stating the obvious that the management team haven't given up yet? Current form is poor and we're in a precarious position but, it's only November and we're not (yet) cut completely adrift from safety.

Also, the club have a financial, as well as moral, duty to try and stay up.

There may come a time when the chances of staying up are so remote (we're not yet in a position of requiring snookers) that the management team may have an eye on seriously preparing for league one football next season but, whilst ever there is some hope of staying up, I would fully expect everyone of keeping going.

I think we are agreeing so not sure what your point is? 

41 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

OK, I agree, give it until Chrimbo and review where we are then.

Owners, points deductions and Bielik's return should be a lot clearer by then.

But I don't want us being several points adrift and splashing the cash in a forlorn attempt to stay up or even just to get as many points as possible. Or continuing to play a central defence of Davies and Jagielka - how does that benefit us in seasons to come?

Anyone remember the "worst team ever" and how we splashed the cash? That didn't work out so well.

If we look 'gone' by January, then let's start giving more experience to the likes of Ebosele, Williams, Cashin, Stretton and Watson.

I'd say that whoever we might buy in January to get us out of a dogfight at the bottom of the Championship will be eminently suited for life in Division One! 

Our problem is if we stay up, they might not be right for building an attractive footballing side in future.

Much as I love our youngsters, the bottom of the Championship or seasons of hard graft in Division One might not be good for them either. We do seem to recruit to play attractive football without thinking of the physicality that's also needed at this level. 

I'm not complaining about it, give me the attractive football any day, but I think there's a reason we always play better against teams at the top, because they play our sort of game.

Way too early to quit on the season..before these 2 defeats we were chugging along quite nicely and well on course to stay up..so we lose 2...sure we will again..maybe more on the bounce..but so will most of the other teams at the bottom end..

Our mathematical position compared to 4th bottom hasn't changed. With our squad and the relentlessness of Championship life we will have these bad runs..but I'm sure we will get more wins before the new year, then let's see if we have new owners and the ability to bolster the squad.

We could get the 12 overturned..might get no other points deduction or maybe 4 max..then all of a sudden we are not even bottom 3..

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

All gone rather quiet on the new owner front. Flurry of activity and social media posts then nothing. 

Has seeing the team actually play put Kirchner and others off the idea? ?

I think its more a case of someone having a word in Kirchners ear and saying "maybe tone it down a bit".

If its true Appleby has a nice big rich backer then his consortium will have a big say in who owns us and they are clearly holding off giving it the bigun just yet. More professional for me at the minute.

I'm itching for details but on this front I think silence is golden.

On 03/11/2021 at 23:11, Jourdan said:

Why is Rooney the ‘magnet’ for investors?

The name, the brand doesn’t matter if he hasn’t got the skills to back it up.

Because the modern game is increasingly obsessed with celebrity and the individual over the team. American investors don't know or care about Derby, but they do care about Rooney. It's an utterly miserable state of affairs, but that's just how things are. Any no name with the same awful managerial record as Rooney would've been dispensed with long ago.

11 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

All gone rather quiet on the new owner front. Flurry of activity and social media posts then nothing. 

Has seeing the team actually play put Kirchner and others off the idea? ?

Maybe they're all biding their time for the result of the points deduction appeal to gauge whether they're likely to be buying a League 1 club or not.

I'm sure the Administrators will be allowing time for any other bids to be placed.

But yeah, they did say they're expecting decision from the EFL on points next week so maybe the other bidders are biding their time before deciding on the size of their offer.

The timetable the Administrators mentioned was that owners should be in place by end of the year/first week in January.

So, there's still a couple of months for us to try and be patient.......

On 03/11/2021 at 22:25, IslandExile said:

I'm sure the wrist slashes are out in force tonight but it's been obvious for a while now.... We need a total reset.

First and foremost - let's stay in business. Number one priority - get a new owner and as soon as possible.

Points deductions.... The squad is so poor, we'd struggle to avoid relegation even without a points deduction. That could be offset slightly by Bielik's return and acquisitions of forwards in January but, by then, it may be too late anyway.

So let's accept whatever points deductions the EFL want to throw at us, on condition that they're imposed this season. Then it's over and done with.

Assuming then that we're going down, let's start building for next season in League One.

That means blooding the youngsters that will still be with the club. Not playing each one in every game, not leaving out all the old pros. But giving each young'un experience alongside a mentor. For example Cashin playing with either Davies or Jagielka.

Assuming Bird, Knight and Bielik will go, playing Watson alongside Shinnie and Morrison. That kind of thing.

Rooney has been really dignified throughout these nightmare months but the jury is still out for him tactics wise. After the last couple of games, there are question marks against his motivational ability too. I wonder what Curtis was referring to regards the training sessions.

But anyhow, Rooney is the magnet for investors and deserves "a go" with a clean slate.

So let's put the bad stuff behind us, and start building this club up again. Even if it means losing the current crop of good young players and starting in League One.

One thing for sure, the support is fantastic. The fans deserve a club going forward, not sinking further into the mire. Let's get the crap out of the way. Move on up. COYR ?

Bump.

Given the Percy news.... I'd say, if confirmed, we start giving experience to the young players who will be here next year.

Let's hope Kirchner keeps his word that relegation would not affect his bid because he's looking at the longer term. As I said in another thread, let's hope he realises just how long that might be...

Just now, IslandExile said:

Bump.

Given the Percy news.... I'd say, if confirmed, we start giving experience to the young players who will be here next year.

Let's hope Kirchner keeps his word that relegation would not affect his bid because he's looking at the longer term. As I said in another thread, let's hope he realises just how long that might be...

If.

But what good would throwing youngsters in to potentially be hammered game after game do for them?!