Rams vs Barnsley (A) Matchday Thread

angieram

9 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Stuck at work and had to put up with Radio Derby tonight,  please tell me we weren't as bad as they made out.

Given we're 20th in the league anyway adjusted for our deduction, we played only a smidgen below our league position. I think that reality hit me tonight i.e. we're justifiably in the dogfight anyway and we were appropriately poor for the occasion.

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Surely Ebosele must be on from the start? His physicality is so effective. 

I sort of agree, but it's a big ask. What about the others stepping up? We played at an awfully slow treacle pace tonight, made Festy look like Billy Whizz. Not sure CKR is the answer and Knighty looked 'unfit'. Had enough of the end product we get from Lawrence too.

Ive watched every game this season, we have played really well in most games without always having that cutting edge required. last couple of games (and first half v Coventry) have been the worst ive seen (apart from the late debacle at Peterboro)..

why?

Any number of possibilities - many already mentioned..

Thin squad fatigue?

Those over 35s getting knackered?

Moving away from the solid defence - hit them on the break style?

Bottom of the table itis?

CKR back?

I really dont know...tonight has done no damage in terms of our position v safety...but psychologically I do worry about the impact and the big gap now to 23rd..I mean we played great v Preston without getting the result - they go and win at Bournemouth tonight - so we know we have the perrformances in us..

Thoughts?

Edited by Yani P

1 minute ago, Topram said:

The fights gone the efforts gone, they gave it ago for a few months but it’s worn off now! Pathetic result 

Maybe Barnsley actually played a lot better as well - our limited squad has to score its chances and we seem to hit the woodwork an awful lot especially away from home 

7 minutes ago, Sheff Ram said:

Frustrating thing is we've gone away to WBA and Coventry and got well-deserved draws. Then this tonight.  There was almost an inevitability about it, like watching a slow-motion car crash. 

Am sure we got mullered by West Brom but Coventry thought we were good value for a point