Rams vs Barnsley (A) Matchday Thread

angieram

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

Baldock and Kazim-Richards are like a pair of pinball bumpers.

Buchanan is better than Forsyth. Sorry Craig, great servant that you are, it's true.

Roos is the best of the goalies but ****dy h**ll.

Everyone slags off Shinnie but we're missing him.

Everyone slags off Jozwiak but at least he carries the ball forwards.

We must win this game to have any chance of staying up but I can't see where another goal would come from.... Perhaps one of Lawrence's flukes.

I'm not watching the game so, genuine question, has Roos been that bad? Judging by the comments on this forum, he kept us in it early on and wasn't to blame for the deflected goal.

Weird first half. Started so quickly out the blocks then struggled.  Grabbed a goal against the run of play and then looked neat and tidy at times without having a cutting edge. 

Scruffy deflected goal conceded but probably deserved and the only reaction was that Barnsley seemed inspired,  needs change in personnel, formation and attitude or we are losing this. Barely a tackle made. Very little created for all the nice passing in midfield and we look ready to gift a goal at every attack....please make changes Wayne.

11 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Forsyth and Byrne are both absolutely sh ite defensively, end of story. 

Nothing to do with tactics or the system, Forsyth is slow and was past it 2 years ago and Byrne is an attacking fullback with no strength or heading ability. 

..and yet they've both been a regular part of a defence which has still.conceded fewer goals than 90% of those in the division.

Of course tactics and systems play a part, although you've taken a tongue in cheek comment slightly too seriously.

Claude Davis was brilliant for Preston under Billy Davies, player of the season, played in a team which conceded less than 40 goals in an entire season... he must have been a great Championship defender.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We were 1-0 up - Fozzy has been really poor, but sometimes he gets better.

You think Buchanan should have come on in the 1st half then?

I never mentioned subs, I am talking about the ball not sticking up front (again) and they were getting between the lines repeatedly and down the flanks.

Changing the position of a player or the shape can stop them gaining momentum.