Who was the first black footballer for Derby?

Rev

It's coming to the end of Black History month, and I've been reading the bio's of several black trailblazers through various outlets.

Who was the first black Derby County footballer, does anyone know, and if so can they share any information on who it was, and what they where like, and how were they received?

I'm in my forties, the first black Derby footballer I can recall was Kevin Francis, but there must have been an earlier one.

35 minutes ago, Rev said:

It's coming to the end of Black History month, and I've been reading the bio's of several black trailblazers through various outlets.

Who was the first black Derby County footballer, does anyone know, and if so can they share any information on who it was, and what they where like, and how were they received?

I'm in my forties, the first black Derby footballer I can recall was Kevin Francis, but there must have been an earlier one.

Biri.

Edited by PistoldPete

13 hours ago, Rev said:

I remember the stories of him playing in mittens. As this was from Mike storey a proper journalist then it must have been true, even though a stereotype . 

Biri became Biri Biri so good they named him twice. Or maybe because he was hot. Sadly not for us, but had a good career at Seville.

15 hours ago, Wistaston Ram said:

Just looked up Calvin Plummer's playing record with Derby. He was only here for the 1983-84 season playing 28 games and scoring 4 goals. Made his debut in our 5.0 defeat at Chelsea and played in our FAC run including the infamous Plymouth QF before transferring to Barnsley.

I was at the 5-0 Chelsea game, lost track of the score at one point ?