Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

7 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

Have either Appleby or gadsby got or proved they have enough cash to actually but the club.

You “only” need to have more than the liquidated assets value (ie sell players and…. Not much else left…) and cover admins fees then you could have conversations in the context of..

“Sorry EFL hit us for more points as we can’t pay any creditors much so we’ll have to go the Luton route and take it from there…. Otherwise liquidate then EFL if that’s what you want”..

7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The optimistic posters, or even the realistic ones, haven't been too right in the last few years have they.

People might not like what he says, but he is far more likely to be right than most people on here.

I've read post after post from people stating we won't get points deductions, from people claiming to know accounting laws and God knows what else that had me thinking things would be OK.

Turns out things aren't OK and haven't been for years now ?

I think most people are well aware of the threat of liquidation without seeing a post about it every single day. At that point it just becomes an “I told you so” if the worst does happen.

7 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

It’s all down to parachute payments and their anti competitive impact on the Championship.

Clubs are overspending massively, in an attempt to reach the promised land. For me, if clubs do break P&S rules, they should all be treated in the same way, and promotion to the Premier league shouldn’t provide some sort of amnesty against a points deduction. 

P&S for me is where football falls down, It's crippled us!, And no doubt has a very negative effect on others, Sure you should only spend what you can afford ie a % of revenue, Or get a sugar Daddy/Mummy who's got nowt better to do than wave their millions goodbye, But it's now an accountants game...or would appear to be?

Robbing Peter to pay Paul, Borrowing, Setting up other companies to dilute debts, Can Professional football in England carry on with 92 fulltime clubs, There's clubs barely surviving down with the dead men in league 2, Oldham athletic were a premier league club circa 25 years ago...now heading towards the National League.

Yes the EFL and the PL are talking about Parachute payments, But who in the bottom half of the PL are going to vote to get rid...0

5 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I think most people are well aware of the threat of liquidation without seeing a post about it every single day. At that point it just becomes an “I told you so” if the worst does happen.

But I don't see what the problem is, even if it is a case of someone using it to say "I told u so".

Surely if someone was actually right (for once) and a takeover happened, or a points deduction was avoided or we absolutely nailed a transfer window, the good news merchants would tell us doomers "I told u so". And u know what, I would absolutely LOVE it, because it means we have finally done some good.

3 hours ago, r_wilcockson said:

SmartSelect_20211223-160130_Twitter.jpg

There are obviously problems that the administrators are having difficulty overcoming, their role is to get the best possible result for creditors not to pamper to prospective new owners. I would say committing over £60M over the next 2 years is not much when you consider the debt we have. If the above is genuine he sounds more like a petulant child,it is not another fake deadline, they have never said that was guaranteed, they have always said,we expect, we hope. Things are obviously more complicated than anticipated and may be having problems coming to an agreement with creditors.  

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Statement from the admin team is simply not good enough.

if there are delays given the previous communications from them then they need to be explicit about why.

it’s no good talking about positive discussions they are having. Kirchner doesn’t seem to think it’s positive. Maybe he won’t be the preferred bidder but really right now if he drops out the preferred bidder could be chosen by default .. there might be only one left!

You are not entitled to know anything about the situation,they do not have to be explicit to anyone why there are delays

Who knows,creditors might have rejected the offer put to them,why would they accept say 25% of what they are owed when the club has £1M players on the books,sell the best players,raise as much as you can and come back with another offer.Also it won't have gone unnoticed that the club didn't sell Buchanan when they had an offer made for him to help reduce or seem to want to reduce the debt.

4 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Who knows,creditors might have rejected the offer put to them,why would they accept say 25% of what they are owed when the club has £1M players on the books,sell the best players,raise as much as you can and come back with another offer.Also it won't have gone unnoticed that the club didn't sell Buchanan when they had an offer made for him to help reduce or seem to want to reduce the debt.

Repeating the same thing 100 times doesn’t make it true. 

selling players in a fire sale will put buyers off, in fact that’s exactly what Kirchner is saying. 

Just now, PistoldPete said:

Repeating the same thing 100 times doesn’t make it true. 

selling players in a fire sale will put buyers off, in fact that’s exactly what Kirchner is saying. 

No it doesn't make it true but it is logical.

Creditors won't be concerned about the club selling players,all they will be interested in is getting as much as they can back, if that includes getting rid of players in a fire sale putting off prospective new owners is not something the creditors will lose any sleep over

1 minute ago, atherstoneram said:

No it doesn't make it true but it is logical.

Creditors won't be concerned about the club selling players,all they will be interested in is getting as much as they can back, if that includes getting rid of players in a fire sale putting off prospective new owners is not something the creditors will lose any sleep over

Sad but true