Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

I'm not venting my spleen at the administrators as they are only at the football club at all because of one person but so far they've been really poor at managing expectations.

Cynically too the longer it drags on the greater their whack.

The web that MM weaved has probably been bigger than originally identified.

8 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

Does anybody know the difference between a CVA and restructuring please

Yes  restructuring is a broad term describing a process whereby a company that’s bust gets back on its feet. CVA is a specific legal process that allows creditor claims to be compromised by 75% agreement. A CVA is often a feature of a restructuring. Quicker for you to look at Wikipedia thb ?

Edited by kevinhectoring

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

They both have opportunist owners who would have factored that in.

It does come across as very distasteful if that's the correct word. 

Vultures is the word I would use. 

People have lost their livelihoods, some probably their homes over what’s happened to the club. If we go into liquidation, I’m sure many more will also follow suit.

These two prats, who also happen to be multi millionaires just couldn’t help themselves could they, like vultures picking the meat off a dead carcass

there are now 2 clubs that I despise more than Forest and Leeds

4 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

Seconded.

It read as though CVA is preferable, as would mean no deductions next season, however a restructuring seems to indicate no CVA and as such = -15 starting next season?  If so, it looks like they're readying everyone for that possibility, which isn't overly surprising, but also disappointing. 

10.1 If the deal is not done by mid-Jan, canwe assume we start selling players? Haveyou identified any particular players to selland their valuations? What estimate haveyou made of how long the club can surviveon money raised by sales?

Player sales have not been considered in detail. We are focusing on the sale of the club. Once a preferred bidder is established we will be able to better assess whether player sales will be necessary. No such considerations would take place without consultation with Wayne Rooney.

This reads to me as though sales will be happening.  

10 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

A CVA is an agreement between a company and its creditors, by which the company compromises its debts or agrees an arrangement for their discharge. If the necessary majority of creditors approve the CVA, then the CVA will bind all creditors (except those with security over the company's assets). 

In some circumstances, a scheme of arrangement or a Part 26A restructuring plan may be contemplated, rather than a CVA. Scheme of arrangement and Part 26A restructuring plans (named after the part of the Companies Act 2006 where the procedure is set out), in the context of an insolvent company constitute, if successfully implemented, a court-sanctioned agreement between the company and its creditors. Significantly more court involvement is required than a for a CVA. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

Does concern me the way the administrators have placed the responsibility for players being sold onto Rooney which I find quite unfair....like Wayne do you want to sell Jozwiak - not really - ok but just to let you know if we don't then we can't pay next month's bills. But it's your choice ?