Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

38 minutes ago, Crewton said:

With negotiations with many different parties presumably at a delicate stage, I assume that the Administrators are simply being very, very careful that something isn't published that puts any of those negotiations in jeopardy. 

Fans need to recognise that transparency in commercial negotiations, with potential legal implications, isn't without risks. The level of impatience being shown by some fans on SM is bordering on the infantile. 

Quite - It's entirely normal that the minutes would need to be agreed, I find it strange that people would think otherwise. Even in a run of the mill business meeting I may check with some of the attendees that I capture things correctly.

Imagine the scenario where 4 groups released minutes and they were all slightly different in their understanding, there would be a meltdown!

1 minute ago, ShoreRam said:

Quite - It's entirely normal that the minutes would need to be agreed, I find it strange that people would think otherwise. Even in a run of the mill business meeting I may check with some of the attendees that I capture things correctly.

Imagine the scenario where 4 groups released minutes and they were all slightly different in their understanding, there would be a meltdown!

And even more important to make sure they are all consistent and accurate when they’re being published on organisations websites, etc for anyone to read.

7 hours ago, David said:

Having been on both sides of this, I'm sure those that attended are just as frustrated by not being given the green light up post the minutes.

RamsTrust are not the only group to attend, so to single them out as alienating themselves from the majority of fans is grossly unfair.

Why do they need to be approved? Good question, they shouldn't, but if that's what has been communicated by the club, all those attending must respect this, or be removed from future meetings.

You can't expect RamsTrust or any other group to publish the meeting minutes before they have been approved. 

I can see both sides. As fans we are desperate to find news on the club takeover, but at this delicate stage the admin team have to be very careful about what is said publicly.  I guess we all just have to be patient, and wait to see what Santa brings next week.  

8 hours ago, RAM1966 said:

Why do you have to run the mins by the Administrators?   The whole point of having Fans forums is to keep the fans informed not to use the positions to glean info you do not pass on to everyone.  You wonder why people take exception to the way that Rams Trust operates and I'm afraid you are just alienating yourself from the majority of fans.

This is the same for all groups / meetings. The Administrators can talk to representatives, but when minutes are published and in the public domain they have to be accurate and not break any confidentiality in negotations with creditors and potential buyers - therefore they have to be phrased correctly. On this occasion the club took the minutes and are getting them agreed before sharing. 

40 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Can you please tell me what this means in English...I'm a daft old sod that can't decipher this...Thanks

Some Bitcoin dude has just purchased non-league Bedford FC.  Not convinced it will pan out, looks more like a marketing ploy to me.  Get enough exposure, advertise your own bitcoin, tempt people to buy into it, make a quick buck, and launder some money... off into the sunset. 

40 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Can you please tell me what this means in English...I'm a daft old sod that can't decipher this...Thanks

Group of investors in crypto-currencies allegedly interested in buying an EFL club. I think Derby only got mentioned because of our current position. See @angieram post for further insight. 

I said last week, if the admins spin the line "we are hoping to name a preffered bidder before Christmas" to me that means we are on a collision course, it was just my opinion of course.

But, someone from BAWT who attended the meeting said things were positive and he had faith in the fact the administrators WILL name someone before then.

Also delay in minutes is down to administrators having something important to deal with before agreeing to the minutes.

Now, it all sounds a bit convenient for me and the silence from the administrators is starting to become a little Melesque...but, let's see what these minutes reveal later today.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

"The team competes in one of the two lower leagues of English football" 

Don't think this is us. Rumours are it is Bradford City.

"mjshrimper" suggests it's Southend or Morecambe, shrimpers being their nick names. They're both in the lower leagues of the Championship .