Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

4 minutes ago, one_chop said:

Not being pessimistic but my guess is this,

Fire sale January 

All bidders pull out by March

Liquidation at the end of season if not before. 

It's certainly a "plausible worst case" scenario, with "deal done mid january and credible squad retained / recruited" the plausible best case and a lot of things in between.

My guess would be a deal is done after January with a lot of people taking a hit and the team miserably playing out fixtures with youth players for the rest of this season and lots of austerity to football to come for a couple of years.

19 minutes ago, one_chop said:

Not being pessimistic but my guess is this,

Fire sale January 

All bidders pull out by March

Liquidation at the end of season if not before. 

17 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

What is your pessimistic viewpoint?

The worst case scenario is that all bidders pull out before the end of January

5 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Maybe - but then again Rooney could walk out of the door at any point. Ownership of the club (if there is a choice) shouldn't be decided on the preference of a 'here today, gone tomorrow' employee....

The only positive news we have is that Rooney is still here and seems to have been given reassurances by someone, that there is a floodlight at the end of the tunnel!

However, he was mugged off by Morris so who says it’s not happening again!?

4 hours ago, i-Ram said:

After 8 weeks of silence, DET are today reporting that Mel Morris can be heard on Desert Island Discs this coming Sunday on BBC Radio 4

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/mel-morris-Derby-county-desert-island-discs-6322992

In a revealing insight, Mel talks about himself loads, his favourite book (Accounting for Dummies) and what he considers gives him most pleasure (having his ego massaged). Interspersed during an hour of denial, Mel also shares his favourite music, an eclectic mix of sounds from his past, totally oblivious at all times to the irony of his choices:

1) Money, Money, Money - Abba

2) The Gambler - Kenny Rogers

3) Money too tight to mention - Simply Red

4) Sorry seems to be the hardest word - Elton John

5) Taxman - Beatles

6) Liquidator - Harry J All Stars

7) It wasn't me - Shaggy

? Don't look back in anger - Oasis

Superb work!

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

Well I don't think Wayne Rooney is doing this. I think he might be keen for people to get a move on. And Kirchner may be his preference. But it's up to the admin team to get the best deal for creditors including HMRC. If that isn't from Kirchner tough luck.    

Just now, PistoldPete said:

Well I don't think Wayne Rooney is doing this. I think he might be keen for people to get a move on. And Kirchner may be his preference. But it's up to the admin team to get the best deal for creditors including HMRC. If that isn't from Kirchner tough luck.    

I don’t see how he could “urge” them to sell to anybody.

It would suggest he either knows the details of the offer/finances, or that there’s an acceptable bid in by Kirchner which the admins are delaying to accept. Both sound pretty unlikely.

Should makes things easier if only one contender.

1) He gives administrators price he is prepared to pay (take or leave). Hopefully realistic. Admins suggest he is serious proposition already.

2) This turns into a creditor proposal of some form.

3.1) Creditors agree . END… or

3.2) MM agrees to makes up difference. END… or 

3.3) Liquidoodle. Creditors have much less than 3.1 or 3.2 and MM cannot show his face in the city again.