Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

16 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

If the EFL were acting in the interests of one of its member clubs they would have expadited the case, if the alternative was the club going into liquidation. 

I’m not suggesting the EFL were acting in the clubs best interests. I just think maybe the administrators were.

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Yes agree, the actual games seem like a total sideshow.

I'd like to think Morris has the decency not to drive a hard bargain over PP & that's an important factor in attracting investors (and making liquidation unlikely). A decent Academy, large fanbase & the ground gives any new owner a really sound foundation to rebuild the club.

The big uncertainty is HMRC. They are highly unlikely to be easy to negotiate with & I fear this will be the time consuming issue that will take us beyond Christmas for a sale (and leads to a firesale of players). I hope to goodness Quantuma have made significant progress in agreeing a resolution with them.

I don't want to be stressed about liquidation as quite frankly the last few months have been pretty stressful enough. Its a sick joke that MIND are partnering with EFL - as a fanbase, we really should lobby hard to get them to publicly ditch the EFL in view of how they've behaved.

https://www.mind.org.uk/news-campaigns/campaigns/mind-and-efl-partnership/

Going cheap - job lot of Mind "On Your Side" badges - Derby County!

EFLPIN-DERCOU_800x.jpg

15 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Predictions of 21 points in total have been going around for ages. I’d assumed that the reason for the delay was that DCFC was playing hardball and had a good case for reducing the FFP points deduction and/or were in a good position re: the appeal on the administration points deduction. As that obviously appears to have been complete pie in the sky, does anybody know why it’s taken so long to basically confirm what was originally suggested (if this has been answered already, sorry / not gone through the whole thread and have actually had to do some work today so not able to be online much!).

Its the hope that kills you, I suppose.

Still, win 10 on the trot and we can still get out of this (what did I just say a little hope?)

I believe that the "21 point" claim when it was first brought about in the papers was just based upon the maximum punishment that could have been handed down for an FFP overspend: 12 points for losses of £15m or more + 9 points maximum for aggravating factors. I don't think it was based on any knowledge of the particulars of the case.

On 14/10/2021 at 00:38, RAM1966 said:

The Administrators are ruthless, there is no way on this earth they would risk £300K if they did not think there was a reasonable prospect of a result.   Not only that it may slow down the negotiations for prospective buyers!

Firstly the EFL have to defer this to an independent panel and they also have zero right to appeal if we win!  Unlike there other kangaroo disciplinary processes.........

How did that go for ya?

4 hours ago, Flying Fokker said:

That is a great post...

One point of contention:

Just wondering why Derby will want to pay Rooney's wages in L1?   Is he on peanuts?  Or just a monkey?

Honestly I don't know enough about Rooney's wage situation and how it plays in with the odd sponsorship deal to really comment.

MIND should drop their links with The EFL - because the EFL are mindless.

For their to be no mitigation at all for the 22 months of depletion and deferred punishment suffered at Derby, is diabolical.

The DCFC squad shrinkage and 'silent' penalties suffered through the long embargoes during EFL appeals, such as the Boro legal actions, have damaged the club badly.

EFL media-feeds about the 'alternative' Wycombe-Derby fixture lists, and their 'regret' that no initial points penalty was inflicted in August 2020 shows that The EFL wanted to make an example of DCFC. 

Birch & Parry have been sleeping on the job regarding any tackling of the Prem / EFL income distribution disparities, they are inadequate and need to be replaced. 

They have dumbed-down the League because ever-increasing parachute payments make it anti-competitive without clubs breaking outdated rules - but they probably smile secretly to themselves because watching clubs like Sunderland, Ipswich, Derby in League One will allow them to brag how healthy the gates are in their third tier.

Just now, Jubbs said:

The 21 point deduction the Daily Fail were predicting was our punishment for breaching FFP. They were 12 off. The 21 has only happened because of administration.

i am pretty sure the 21 included administration as it came out just before we went into admin

45 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-full-extent-major-financial-6214992

Apologies if this has already been posted elsewhere but the restrictions being placed on the club just reek of bloody mindedness and vindictiveness. There is a salary cap for next season, a limit of 25 professionals, and  no loan or transfer fees to be paid. The salary for each  new signed will be capped and the amount has to be agreed by the EFL. Talk about sticking the boot in.

Absolute state of that link!

I literally opened the link, winced when I realised the destination (I'll be absolutely amazed if they have indeed "revealed the full extent...", and quite nonchalantly scrolled down, whereupon I happened upon a bit of a poll.  The first question was... and I quote...

Are you resigned to relegation at the end of the season or do you believe Wayne Rooney and Co can still avoid the drop?

Yes / No

I take it we can opt for one of each, seeing as there were two questions there!  Muppets!    ?

This episode has had two effects on me. Firstly increased my loyalty and love for DCFC and the sport, and secondly cystallised my loathing of football administration, organisation and competitions.

Conflicting.

If I could renew for next season now, I would. If I could flick a switch and give the entire staff of FIFA, UEFA, FA, EPL, EFL and all foreign leagues a dose of incurable, desquamating genital herpes, I'd do that also.

We'll be suffering this for another 18 months, if we can get a buyer, by the time the ridiculous restrictions are lifted. 4 years of limbo, all told? Worthy of a banana republic.

Oh well. Up the Rams.

1 hour ago, Arsene Titman said:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-full-extent-major-financial-6214992

Apologies if this has already been posted elsewhere but the restrictions being placed on the club just reek of bloody mindedness and vindictiveness. There is a salary cap for next season, a limit of 25 professionals, and  no loan or transfer fees to be paid. The salary for each  new signed will be capped and the amount has to be agreed by the EFL. Talk about sticking the boot in.

No words. Well none fit for a public forum anyway. I thought I could not lower my opinion of the Efl. They need to be abolished now. And parry and ridsdale sacked off.

19 minutes ago, Woodypecker said:

MIND should drop their links with The EFL - because the EFL are mindless.

For their to be no mitigation at all for the 22 months of depletion and deferred punishment suffered at Derby, is diabolical.

The DCFC squad shrinkage and 'silent' penalties suffered through the long embargoes during EFL appeals, such as the Boro legal actions, have damaged the club badly.

EFL media-feeds about the 'alternative' Wycombe-Derby fixture lists, and their 'regret' that no initial points penalty was inflicted in August 2020 shows that The EFL wanted to make an example of DCFC. 

Birch & Parry have been sleeping on the job regarding any tackling of the Prem / EFL income distribution disparities, they are inadequate and need to be replaced. 

They have dumbed-down the League because ever-increasing parachute payments make it anti-competitive without clubs breaking outdated rules - but they probably smile secretly to themselves because watching clubs like Sunderland, Ipswich, Derby in League One will allow them to brag how healthy the gates are in their third tier.

Everyone should end their links with Efl. Anyone who sponsors Efl should be boycotted.