Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

Nixon though writes in The Sun on Sunday this morning that the EFL ‘had the power’ to push for a much larger penalty for Derby County’s financial misconduct – he writes that, should the case have gone to an independent disciplinary commission, then the EFL could’ve pushed for a 17-point deduction rather than a 9-point deduction.

All smoke and no fire?

Derby County and the EFL don’t have the best relationship it seems. The club have broken the rules and are rightfully set to pay a heavy price, but in the midst of this ongoing saga between the two it seems like the EFL have started to throw their weight about somewhat.

As Derby look for ways around their points punishments it seems the EFL are trying to back them into a corner and show to them that they have no way out of their current predicament and that relegation is indeed the only outcome for them this season.

League One is beckoning for the Rams and with it will come a lot of changes at the club.

@@@@@@@@@

I say the EFL are ar??????s

Im starting to think we are being victimised OH hang on I always knew that was the case .

Duck them 

Edited by Curtains

I think the administrators pulled the appeal against the 12 points because the efl said its unlikely that Derby would win and if the club lost then instead of adding 9 points the efl could add upto 17 points or have I read that article wrong.

If I'd read it correctly it would make sense that the administrators had pulled the appeal even though that could make the sale of the club very difficult.

A relegated club is likely to fetch a lot less money.

30 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I say don’t take the punishment and fight them in the courts. 

I would agree but not if that lengthy uncertain process costs us good potential buyers and hence the continued existence of our club. EFL know this. And who would pay if the appeal against -12 admin punishment rumoured to be £300k?

Edited by CBRammette

Our pr has been appalling throughout this whole business and we've let the EFL completely dictate the narrative. 

I can't for the life of me work out what the EFL is for.... 

- it doesn't write good, clear rules

- it doesn't police its rules effectively and reasonably 

- it doesn't negotiate good deals on behalf of its members 

- it doesn't prevent bad things happening to clubs

- it doesn't appear unbiased and puts out shockingly worded and insinuating statements 

It's disgraceful really. It seems to be nothing more than a clique of has-beens in thrall to vested lobby groups. 

The fact that we were represented in one of these and completely failed to move the agenda to our advantage is merely the latest example of rubbish performance by our people. No surprise there then.... ?

2 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

I would agree but not if that lengthy uncertain process costs us good potential buyers and hence the continued existence of our club. EFL know this. And who would pay if the appeal against -12 admin punishment rumoured to be £300k?

It was tongue in cheek as I know we can’t do that as the EFL have snookered us  because they could delay the takeover.

Having said that I’m still worried about the takeover going forward.

We are in a mess and I just hope these administrators know what they are doing  

In the Wigan case the administrators sounded optimistic from the start didn’t they !

23 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I stopped listening as soon as they referred to him as ‘one of the countries leading journalists’. That’s piffle, he’s a click bait artist writing for a rag that can barely be identified as a newspaper 

I think he is an ok guy to be honest. 

He’s just reporting what he knows and I found the video fascinating ? 

Administrator costs for Wigan 1.3 Million so I dread to think what ours will be 

Edited by Curtains
Adde

8 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Our pr has been appalling throughout this whole business and we've let the EFL completely dictate the narrative. 

I can't for the life of me work out what the EFL is for.... 

- it doesn't write good, clear rules

- it doesn't police its rules effectively and reasonably 

- it doesn't negotiate good deals on behalf of its members 

- it doesn't prevent bad things happening to clubs

- it doesn't appear unbiased and puts out shockingly worded and insinuating statements 

It's disgraceful really. It seems to be nothing more than a clique of has-beens in thrall to vested lobby groups. 

The fact that we were represented in one of these and completely failed to move the agenda to our advantage is merely the latest example of rubbish performance by our people. No surprise there then.... ?

The EFL have got the upper hand in the PR battle as football is so tribal. Fans of other clubs can’t wait for other clubs to get spanked by the powers that be, regardless of what they’ve done. 

57 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Nixon though writes in The Sun on Sunday this morning that the EFL ‘had the power’ to push for a much larger penalty for Derby County’s financial misconduct – he writes that, should the case have gone to an independent disciplinary commission, then the EFL could’ve pushed for a 17-point deduction rather than a 9-point deduction.

22 minutes ago, Oldben said:

I think the administrators pulled the appeal against the 12 points because the efl said its unlikely that Derby would win and if the club lost then instead of adding 9 points the efl could add upto 17 points or have I read that article wrong.

If I'd read it correctly it would make sense that the administrators had pulled the appeal even though that could make the sale of the club very difficult.

This is just conjecture.

In the same way that if we'd gone to appeal we'd have been pushing for no points deduction. The appeal was to be decided by an independent commission, just like when we ended up with £100k fine.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This is just conjecture.

In the same way that if we'd gone to appeal we'd have been pushing for no points deduction. The appeal was to be decided by an independent commission, just like when we ended up with £100k fine.

I know you are totally glass half full all the time. 
I am yet to be convinced about  a takeover going ahead. 
Does that make me glass half empty.