Season ticket holders

Gringo

As a season ticket holder I am concerned that we holders could be classified as unsecured creditors, I have tried all day to see what our status is without success. Legally I believe we are unsecured creditors and as such our season tickets worthless, if anyone can clarify I would be grateful.

3 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

As a season ticket holder I am concerned that we holders could be classified as unsecured creditors, I have tried all day to see what our status is without success. Legally I believe we are unsecured creditors and as such our season tickets worthless, if anyone can clarify I would be grateful.

Its too early to worry about that CR. Lets concentrate on getting behind the team and see what happens.

3 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Its too early to worry about that CR. Lets concentrate on getting behind the team and see what happens.

Hear hear mate

But us the fans we got to think of ways we can help in anyway we can.

At least until a take over happens

Appently mel has one serious buyer I wish I knew who that is.

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

Hear hear mate

But us the fans we got to think of ways we can help in anyway we can.

At least until a take over happens

Appently mel has one serious buyer I wish I knew who that is.

Don't worry about it B4. We can't influence whats going on. Support the Rams mate, thats all we can do.

12 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

My accountant raised that point with me yesterday. It hadn't occurred to me, but apparently in the eyes of the law -  it is very much the case. 

If the club go bust, you won't get money back (obviously). I'd imagine anyone coming in would stand by the fans who had already purchased tickets, too. 

I think the point that this raises is that it gives the administrators the ability to cancel the season tickets we all hold and add us to the list of unsecured creditors. Slightly more concerning and realistic when you consider that by some amazing coincidence,  the season tickets haven't been issued. Then everyone would have to buy match tickets. OK, the attendances would likely be reduced by a significant amount, but that would help with cash flow to limp on to January. It would also be easier to close a stand to help reduce costs. 

My most negative thought to date... and it was but a brief encounter... was that should the worst come to the worst, not one of our future generations will be able to go on Antiques Roadshow in 180 years time, showing off an actual genuine season ticket from the last ever season of the once great Derby County Football Club (Football being a once popular sport, participated and spectated by the masses, prior to the death of the game as a whole, over a century and a half ago!)  

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

It’s a good question, are season tickets paid in full (20/21) still valid? As yet  Reading tickets aren’t available for a game in a weeks time!

Reading & Swansea tickets ARE available to season ticket holders. I ordered, received and printed mine yesterday with £0.00 charge as expected. Nothing has changed from the previous games.

7 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

It’s a very good question. I had this discussion with some friends pre-Stoke and the conclusion was that season tickets will indeed expire once we go into Administration. 

I have paid mine in full 21/22, i posted about this in another thread, got a reply (might have been to say we were ok and nothing changes. We wont get the cards, most likely, but Can we not just print the tickets? They are paid to the end of the season, should we make it?

Edited by EtoileSportiveDeDerby

55 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Reading & Swansea tickets ARE available to season ticket holders. I ordered, received and printed mine yesterday with £0.00 charge as expected. Nothing has changed from the previous games.

Ah nice one thank you ?? 

Technically, we're unsecured creditors, liable to receive nothing if the club is liquidated. The Administrator can't cancel existing tickets because we still have an unfulfilled service contract with the club - Administration hasn't changed that. If the club is bought via a CVA, a new owner is unlikely to pee off 18,000 of the club's most committed supporters by expecting them to pay again for something they've already bought. 

48 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

It’s a very good question. I had this discussion with some friends pre-Stoke and the conclusion was that season tickets will indeed expire once we go into Administration. 

If the worst happens and either a) the club goes completely bust before the end of the season or b) the administrator/new owner refuses to honour existing season tickets (I don’t think either will happen by the way) then I’d go down the Section 75 route as I purchased my ticket using my credit card. I wasn’t sure about time limits for making a claim but, out of interest, I answered some basic questions on the “Which” website and it indicated that I would probably be able to claim. I used Section 75 successfully last year for Virgin Atlantic flight tickets.

Having said all of this, I shan’t give it another thought unless that very dark day arrives which, I don’t think it will. I’ll cross that bridge if and when I come to it. 

10 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

If the worst happens and either a) the club goes completely bust before the end of the season or b) the administrator/new owner refuses to honour existing season tickets (I don’t think either will happen by the way) then I’d go down the Section 75 route as I purchased my ticket using my credit card. I wasn’t sure about time limits for making a claim but, out of interest, I answered some basic questions on the “Which” website and it indicated that I would probably be able to claim. I used Section 75 successfully last year for Virgin Atlantic flight tickets.

Having said all of this, I shan’t give it another thought unless that very dark day arrives which, I don’t think it will. I’ll cross that bridge if and when I come to it. 

That's a very good point and reminder. I too bought mine on my credit card.