Season 21 - 22 survival bid statistics

Yani P

13 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Fair enough but, up until their last three games, I’m not sure how highly you’d rate the quality of Hull.

Overall, not high at all, but I think Lewis-Potter has the ability to keep them up. By himself if must.

48 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Overall, not high at all, but I think Lewis-Potter has the ability to keep them up. By himself if must.

Maybe, I know nothing about him and can’t help but think you need more than one good player to survive.

Also, from what I can see, he’s played every game this season and, until the start of November, he wasn’t good enough to keep them out of trouble by himself.

12 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Maybe, I know nothing about him and can’t help but think you need more than one good player to survive.

Also, from what I can see, he’s played every game this season and, until the start of November, he wasn’t good enough to keep them out of trouble by himself.

Yeah, sometimes these teenager can't produce every game. Let's hope it's the same in his case. 

5 hours ago, Dimmu said:

I think we can overtake Barnsley and Peterborough. But the third.... that's a tough one.

Maybe someone else will have points deduction as well and help us out?

The reason I track against last season is that would near enough guarantee our survival..also using the 4 blocks of games at least gives us a gauge of where we are by comparison. If we are close heading into that large 4th block I'm sure we will stay up..

Our 2016/17 side would have gone down with a 21 point deduction. And that team had players like Will Hughes, Tom Ince, Matej Vydra, Craig Bryson, Jonny Russell and David Nugent in it. That side won 18 games that season, won more than they lost and had a positive GD.

Our current side has won just four games in 19. Lost more than they’ve won. Has a negative GD and is primarily made up of kids, old players and freebies. 

We were down with -12 points. Now we’re just fighting to end up with a respectable points tally. Anything over 30 from this point on would be a decent achievement. 

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Our 2016/17 side would have gone down with a 21 point deduction. And that team had players like Will Hughes, Tom Ince, Matej Vydra, Craig Bryson, Jonny Russell and David Nugent in it. That side won 18 games that season, won more than they lost and had a positive GD.

Our current side has won just four games in 19. Lost more than they’ve won. Has a negative GD and is primarily made up of kids, old players and freebies. 

We were down with -12 points. Now we’re just fighting to end up with a respectable points tally. Anything over 30 from this point on would be a decent achievement. 

Yawn

Wish you’d said this before, it would have saved me all that travelling yesterday.

5 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I'll tell my friends I'm not going again. And my son. Might go shopping with the missus instead. I mean, what's the point now I know statistically we're down. Thanks for the heads up Bris.

6 minutes ago, Philmycock said:

I'll tell my friends I'm not going again. And my son. Might go shopping with the missus instead. I mean, what's the point now I know statistically we're down. Thanks for the heads up Bris.

Should still go, absolutely, to cheer on the lads. Same as I’m still paying the Rams TV sub. I’m still supporting the team, but we are going down.

It’s like being in the Premier League for somebody like Southampton. They know they’re not going to ever win the PL, but fans still go regardless.

I’m looking forward to us smashing League One next season.

Should still go, absolutely, to cheer on the lads. Same as I’m still paying the Rams TV sub. I’m still supporting the team, but we are going down.

It’s like being in the Premier League for somebody like Southampton. They know they’re not going to ever win the PL, but fans still go regardless.

I’m looking forward to us smashing League One next season.

Someone should have told Leicester they couldn’t win the Premier league. In fact they probably did, was that you.

8 hours ago, Philmycock said:

We were down with -12 points. Now we’re just fighting to end up with a respectable points tally

I believe it’s about a lot more than this. 
“Playing for pride” is sometimes overused as a saying, but this perfectly describes things for us now. 

“play for the badge on the front  and we’ll remember the name on the back…” again another cliche but so, so appropriate.  

In a way points are secondary to all this now. As are owners, coaches, media and the rest. 

‘SUPER Derby SUPER RAMS!’

Edited by Kingpin

2 hours ago, Kingpin said:

I believe it’s about a lot more than this. 
“Playing for pride” is sometimes overused as a saying, but this perfectly describes things for us now. 

“play for the badge on the front  and we’ll remember the name on the back…” again another cliche but so, so appropriate.  

In a way points are secondary to all this now. As are owners, coaches, media and the rest. 

‘SUPER Derby SUPER RAMS!’

No, this is wrong, playing for pride is when you are already relegated but have games left, we still have a chance of staying up.

21 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

so you choose a season to compare where 51 points got you relegated - something that has only happened twice since our last relegation..of course its a massive challenge but its great that most Derby fans are trying to be positive about our situation..

22 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

It's worth mentioning that the points needed to stay up in the 16/17 season was higher than average. Blackburn went down with 51 points. Last season we stayed up with 44.

It's not over. Let's hope the teams at the bottom are really crap.

35 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

It's worth mentioning that the points needed to stay up in the 16/17 season was higher than average. Blackburn went down with 51 points. Last season we stayed up with 44.

It's not over. Let's hope the teams at the bottom are really crap.

It’s definitely not over. Doubt Derby will stay up. But on match days the fans have to get behind the team. If everyone believes we can do it, 12th man and all that.... might be possible. 
I think we would have stayed up without the extra 9. But will still go when I can and support the team. 

The chances of staying up are a million to one… but they said that about anything coming from Mars too… but still they come. (One for the kids).

It is extremely unlikely though. We all know that. Coming up with smart a*** stats to demonstrate this just makes you look like a bit of a sneering know-it-all who likes to think they know more about football that anybody else (but what else is new?).

The last two games have generated a bit of positivity and goodwill. Let’s enjoy it while we can, as I suspect the tone will change somewhat when we lose a couple, as we inevitably will.