Season 21 - 22 survival bid statistics

Yani P

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

2 stretches of W5 D3 L3 and we get to 46 points.

Thing is about this, even if all went to plan, losses are inevitable and an expected part of a plan like this. But will we all jumó off a cliff at the first sign of a loss, or are we all sensible enough to remind ourselves that we’re still on target, and there’s no need to panic. 

i really want to watch the Reading game on Monday, but my concern is that we can’t possibly win every game, so our run will come to an end eventually, but I really don’t want it to come to an end against Reading.

we’ve done so well getting points from the top teams like Bournemouth, Fulham and WBA, but they we always seem to inevitably rooster it up by loosing to the likes of Peterborough, Barnsley and Bristol. 

we need to winning those 6 pointers. Or do we, statistically does it matter who we get the points against, as long as we get them? Is the idea of a 6 pointer a bit of a myth?

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Or if 36 points are enough we need 12 wins and can afford 10 losses. 

Yes there's various permutations, 12 wins out of 22 games which is a 55% win ratio, not sure what we are averaging at the moment I have to profess.  

3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I guess around 30% on the season so far but 100% over the last three games. Too many variables in football to predict imo. 

Just had a look 7 wins out of 24 yes 29% so Rooney will have to effectively double his current win rate over the next half of the season for us to survive which will be a Herculean task for anyone but not impossible.

If Rooney does manage to overcome this then he deserves manager of the decade.

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Just had a look 7 wins out of 24 yes 29% so Rooney will have to effectively double his current win rate over the next half of the season for us to survive which will be a Herculean task for anyone but not impossible.

If Rooney does manage to overcome this then he deserves manager of the decade.

If we carry on our form over the last three games we’ll finish on 76 points, that should do?

12 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Think Reading will pull away. Hull and/or Cardiff the teams to catch IMO.

Yep, reading are in a bit of a false position, so I’d expect them to pull away unless they get properly demoralised by their position.

it’s a real shame we couldn’t have beaten Bristol, as that would’ve put them right in the bottom group, with us 5 pts closer (this is why I mean I’d almost rather have lost to Stoke at the weekend, if we could have had the 3 points against Bristol instead, or lost to Bournemouth, but had 3 pts against Barnsley instead), but now it’s looking like a clear gap between the bottom 6 and the rest. So Hull or Cardiff it is then. 

Id hate to be either of them right now. They’ll be looking over their shoulders at us. 

Edited by TigerTedd

I am more in the take each game as it comes camp, don’t really follow the history and forward projection. My thinking.

1) Beat Reading (as its next)

2) Beat Forest and Middlesbrough twits.

3) Pass Barnsley.

4) Get within 6 points of 4th bottom. At which point how many games left?

5) Get within 3 points. (If we manage this, for once we will not need to worry about goal difference, just points match).

6) Harum Scareum last couple of games.

7) Either incredible success or fall short. Hopefully we will all be proud of the lads either way..

Edited by Dean (hick) Saunders

3 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

we need to winning those 6 pointers. Or do we, statistically does it matter who we get the points against, as long as we get them? Is the idea of a 6 pointer a bit of a myth?

In the end it doesn't matter..if we get to around 46 we should be safe, the 6 pointers help psychogically though in the short term..and we need as many wins as we can get..