We Are Derby.

Day

A difficult time for us all tonight. Unfortunately, I'm at a 'Villa' night at my local cricket club, where the guest speakers are Super Tommy Johnson and Ian Taylor, surrounded by much joviality, but don't feel in the mood. Ian Taylor has wished us all the best and that hopefully we'll come out the other side.

17 minutes ago, David said:

I understand that tonight many questions will be asked, both of the club and myself. 

Tonight as the news was broke, I was sat in the pub, still am, it's hit me hard as I'm sure it has you all, I was not expecting it, there was no pre warning, no hint of what was to come.

I also understand that over the years my opinion has been questioned, it's something I have had to deal with, sometimes poorly, but with the best and honest of intentions.

Tonight I am hurting, just as much as you all, this is the club I love, the club I adore, the club I have tattooed on my hand for all to see with pride. 

I love this club, please just think when posting over the next few days, weeks in anger, myself, the moderators, we do not deserve to be on the end of your anger or frustration.

Today is a dark day for the club, but as fans, we need to to stick together. We are Derby County, every one of us and we will move forward as one.

Once a ram, always a ram ?

9A53B821-DEEB-4E29-8BBC-7A92E7601EC2.jpeg

You are a fan same as all of us and anyone directing anger towards you or any mods are idiots.

Never dull as a DCFC fan eh?

10 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

The most important thing is that you keep this Forum going mate. It’s a brilliant resource, where we can all feel part of the Rams clan. Hope there is no chance of administration at dcfcfans.co.uk.

UTR

Yes please let us know what is needed to keep this going. I think it is important to many people especially through lockdown and with insights we get into people's other issues now and then. 
importantly stop beating yourself up and be proud of this weird little community you have created! The thread with the history of why we all became Rams fans shows just how widespread and isolated many of us are in our love of our club

Was lucky/unlucky? enough to have breakfast twice with Mel and some top blokes from here. 

He impressed with his determination and dedication (backed by putting his money where his mouth is it seemed). I think we were seduced and I think each mistake is easy to overlook when you fall under that spell. 

There should be no anger aimed at you or the mods (except the one with his sheriff badge ? ?). 

We will all suffer here. I don't even follow The Rams like I used to but this club his the heart of this town. 

The Rams are the lifeblood of this city. 

Even if you don't love it like you used to. Almost 140 years of history. 

140 years how many sons grew up with their fathers at the BBG. How many daughters bonded with their parents while watching Eranio and Baiano?

Who ran wildly across the pitch at the BBG

All that rich history and the heroes that shaped it especially in the 70's. 

Now it's all at risk. The history of Clough, Cox and Jim Smith. The history with Forest and Leeds and Leicester. 

Names and faces just keep running through my head. Simpson, Auto Windscreens, Taribo, Wanchope's goal, Van Der Laan, Clough, Taylor, Reg, Bald Eagle, Muddy BBG, Sturridge, Kitson... I could go on forever. 

All at risk. For what? Who gives a toss what league we play in now.

Feck me, was it all for an ego or what? I don't get it. I genuinely don't understand 

I understand that we are Derby though. 

Up The Rams! Good luck everyone.