We Are Derby.

Day

I understand that tonight many questions will be asked, both of the club and myself. 

Tonight as the news was broke, I was sat in the pub, still am, it's hit me hard as I'm sure it has you all, I was not expecting it, there was no pre warning, no hint of what was to come.

I also understand that over the years my opinion has been questioned, it's something I have had to deal with, sometimes poorly, but with the best and honest of intentions.

Tonight I am hurting, just as much as you all, this is the club I love, the club I adore, the club I have tattooed on my hand for all to see with pride. 

I love this club, please just think when posting over the next few days, weeks in anger, myself, the moderators, we do not deserve to be on the end of your anger or frustration.

Today is a dark day for the club, but as fans, we need to to stick together. We are Derby County, every one of us and we will move forward as one.

Once a ram, always a ram ?

9A53B821-DEEB-4E29-8BBC-7A92E7601EC2.jpeg

1 minute ago, alram said:

i dont mean to be rude but "no hint of what was to come" ?

this has been brewing for months, some just chose to ignore it. 

i do not want to see Mels face again, he is not welcome at our once great club

There was no hint with a legitimate source that administration was to come. 

I include the recent meeting with the club when saying this.

It has stunned me personally.

Just now, hintonsboots said:

The most important thing is that you keep this Forum going mate. It’s a brilliant resource, where we can all feel part of the Rams clan. Hope there is no chance of administration at dcfcfans.co.uk.

UTR

We are here to stay and will continue to provide you all a platform to voice your opinions.

You should have titled your thread WE Are Derby, emphasising it’s us that’ll be there through thick and thin. Some players and management may want to still be part of the club in the near future but may be forced to move on to pastures new through no choice of their own, who knows ? 

But WE will still be around because you can change your car or your Mrs but you can’t change your football club.  

1 minute ago, David said:

Administration was always a possibility. We may not be the last club this season neither.

To be honest, I would probably advise that you don't treat meetings with Morris as a legitimate source. The truth is unlikely to come out.

We can all believe totally that you had no idea what was to come

I'm not entirely sure Rooney or players had any idea

Nobody is pointing a finger in your direction, and if they are, point an upturned finger back in their direction. And I don't mean the thumb, index, ring or pinky

3 minutes ago, David said:

We are here to stay and will continue to provide you all a platform to voice your opinions.

Dont want to blow smoke up your backside but you and your team do a great job and keep a lot of us informed and entertained. Shame the same cant be said about the people running the club. You might want to tell them how its done!

13 minutes ago, David said:

I understand that tonight many questions will be asked, both of the club and myself. 

Tonight as the news was broke, I was sat in the pub, still am, it's hit me hard as I'm sure it has you all, I was not expecting it, there was no pre warning, no hint of what was to come.

I also understand that over the years my opinion has been questioned, it's something I have had to deal with, sometimes poorly, but with the best and honest of intentions.

Tonight I am hurting, just as much as you all, this is the club I love, the club I adore, the club I have tattooed on my hand for all to see with pride. 

I love this club, please just think when posting over the next few days, weeks in anger, myself, the moderators, we do not deserve to be on the end of your anger or frustration.

Today is a dark day for the club, but as fans, we need to to stick together. We are Derby County, every one of us and we will move forward as one.

Once a ram, always a ram ?

9A53B821-DEEB-4E29-8BBC-7A92E7601EC2.jpeg

Its not too late to get it removed lol 

joking joking lol

2 minutes ago, David said:

Great sentiments in your original post - not sure why anyone would be abusive to you or the moderators though.

With regards to not seeing this coming, I think the writing has certainly been on the wall. The whole not selling season ticket thing rather set alarm bells ringing in my head as to possible administration. Coupled with the bizarre lack of communication from the club and concerns being raised elsewhere it was certainly discussed in my circles.  

Had hoped things weren’t really that bad but clearly they were. At least I know why they haven’t been answering my emails now. 

3 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I still think this move has been done hopefully with the best of intentions. May be it’s the best route to take at this moment. Not nice but hopefully we will come back stronger. 
Let’s give it our best tomorrow 

Come on You Rams!!

I hope ur right buddy 

how could this pan out for the better ?

genuine question