Birmingham City vs Derby County Matchday Thread

Tombo

1 minute ago, Warwick Ram said:

What about the persistent fouling on Morrison? There have been at least four late challenges no where near the ball but no booking or free kick? Sibley gets squashed between two players but no free kick.

Agree on Morrison. Sibley went down before the 'squeeze', he needs to be stronger (will come with age?).

5 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

First half:

1. Started well. 5 mins.

2. Dropped deep. Inviting the press.

3. Errors; mistake gives them the lead.

4. No possession in midfield. 
5. Lawrence a passenger.

Caused our own downfall. Need to change it. Knight? Is he fit? 

I would normally go with Lawrence the passenger but he is the one who might score then sibley but that’s it 

4 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

The shift in the approach to refereeing this season really isn't doing us any favours and this isn't the first time we've come across a team this season that is making full use of basically being able to get away with a string of fouls.

This season the refs have to be 100% it is a foul. 50 - 50 tackles to be let go.

I’ll be honest, other than not booking one of their players for the 68th foul on Ravel, he’s not done that much wrong. 

Brum players are bigger, more physical and streetwise vs our kids and midgets.
We need some of that grit IMO, it’s Championship bread and butter. We’re way too nice to play against. 

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Agree on Morrison. Sibley went down before the 'squeeze', he needs to be stronger (will come with age?).

Chris Martin use to go down whenever anyone touched him and our fans loved it, he got a foul nine of ten. Jack (I fall a lot) Grealish again falls over every time and gets a foul given for him. Sibley was never going to go anywhere quick the two Birmingham players made sure of that. 

2 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

This season the refs have to be 100% it is a foul. 50 - 50 tackles to be let go.

I think right now we are seeing something an over correction to that because there is a lot being let go that seems like a clear foul and teams are abusing it a bit.