Birmingham City vs Derby County Matchday Thread

Tombo

3 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Buchanan only had to look up, He failed, Football is a pretty simple game when you're aware of your surroundings.

It's our tactics,I'm not blaming Buchanan,it was going to happen to someone at some point,it just happened to be him.

We pressure ourselves.

9 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

This fannying about with the ball at the back, always looking backwards, trying to draw opponents on and deliberately put ourselves under pressure, is an absolutely idiotic way of playing unless your team is full of world class stars. I do not understand why we try to do it. We are so very often the architects of our own downfall. Just stop it.

You’re spot on. It’s taken different amounts of time during a game but almost every team we’ve played has managed to counter it with a tactical change!

5 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Sibley sandwiched in a run through on goal. No foul given. Goal-scoring opportunity. Unsurprisingly, Don Goodman saw nothing wrong with it. It's hilarious when commentators see the replay and the clear and obvious foul, but keep to their daft original opinion.

"Converged on Sibley without fouling him" was the exact quote. Ridiculous.

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

We’re massively missing Joz’s ability to be able to retain possession in the final third here.

Also, we should get Shinnie off. He isn’t contributing anything going forward and Birmingham’s direct style means he doesn’t need to cover the spaces defensively. 

It's just not sticking the same without Jozwiak is it ? 

And yeah I agree I'd be thinking about bringing on Watson for Shinnie.

Thought we started the game really well but it didn’t take long until we started inviting Birmingham onto us with misplaced passing and some pretty poor tempo “fannying around”. 

Tough ask second half. Every player needs to up their game, Captains got to lead by example at some point too. Need a performance from Tom.