Birmingham City vs Derby County Matchday Thread

Tombo

Well they have created nothing but they are not likely too either 

why haven’t two Birmingham players been booked ? 

Please stop Lawrence from taking free kicks !

we need Stretton on with baldock to move those three centre half’s around and roos can play it down the channels and hopefully get a ball to bounce for us 

2 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Why Shinnie? that can be said about more than just him.About time the captain stepped up to his role.

We need more control in midfield in deep areas. Yes Lawrence isn't helping (and I'm not opposed to taking him off) But Shinnie is the obvious change if we want to try and calm things down in build up.

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Oh Derby and long throws. When we signed world-record holder for long throw-ins, Rory Delap, Jim Smith refused to ever let him take a long throw despite it being such a weapon. When Delap was sold to Stoke and terrorized the Premier League with his long throws, defences worked out the way to counteract it was not to give away any throw-ins in your own half. Derby are kicking it out for a throw all the time. Use.your.brains.

Meanwhile how was that not a foul and booking for the vicious charge in Byrne's back on the side of the box? We will get nothing from this ref. I hope he looks at half-time at the coverage of the sandwich on Sibley, that foul on Byrne, and all the fouls on Morrison, and realizes he's been taken for a mug by Birmingham. But somehow I doubt it...

A good old fashioned shoulder barge,nothing wrong with it at all,i love how people blame the ref,it's the same every week

2 minutes ago, JfR said:

Here's an interesting fact for you
Fouls made by Birmingham: 9
Fouls made by Derby: 1

Have a guess which side has had the only booking of the game

Lawrence could easily have been booked too but the ref played on.

Let’s not suggest there is a conspiracy here. 

There must be stats somewhere about teams that concede goals immediately following a defensive error. I'd imagine we are one of the worst offenders for it in the entire football league.

The regularity with which we rooster things up and concede a goal is frankly mental. It's been the same under multiple managers with multiple sets of players.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I must be missing something. A lot of slagging off of the ref (surprise surprise) but I can’t say that I’ve noticed him being that bad. Perhaps I shouldn’t have had that large glass of whiskey.

If you haven't seen anything wrong, can I suggest you move the glass instead of watching the game through it.

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

I must be missing something. A lot of slagging off of the ref (surprise surprise) but I can’t say that I’ve noticed him being that bad. Perhaps I shouldn’t have had that large glass of whiskey.

What about the persistent fouling on Morrison? There have been at least four late challenges no where near the ball but no booking or free kick? Sibley gets squashed between two players but no free kick.

2 minutes ago, sheepyderf said:

Please please stop playing the ball back to roos, he can't kick a ball to save his life. Yes the goal was down to buchannan but it wouldn't have happened if we tried playing the ball the other way. Roos has scuffed a few balls played back to him and a better said would have made more of it

I agree the constant putting ourselves under pressure by playing backwards when the opposition know we're going to play it backwards is simply idiotic.

I disagree that Roos can't kick. He's amazingly talented with his feet for a goalkeeper. But it's bound to go wrong sometimes and we keep doing stupid things and not learning.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why didn't their player get booked for the foul on Lawrence? That would have nothing to do with the 'shift' in interpretation. You could ask why didn't he play on when Sibley had the ball on the edge of the box?!

Oh there is some iffy reffing afoot today don't get me wrong but I do think part of it is a change of mindset from upon high. 

1 minute ago, minesahartington said:

Bird Lawrence Sibley. All giving nothing

At least bird has played some nice balls forward at times I’ve not n shinnie put a forward pass in all first half. He looks slow ponderous and now on a yellow after giving a stupid free kick away. Lawrence is doing a Lawrence after a good game will now have 7 average to poor games. Sibleys wasted on the wing but is overall having a poor game but I prefer him when he get the ball  in the 10 spins and runs at them